HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sleep- some don't use it at all, while some are obsessed with how it functions on their hacks. Please add your sleep-related fixes and methods here!

Sleep - General Troubleshooting Tips

1. You must have the proper DSDT edits as per this post. All of the Gigabyte DSDTs in the DSDT Database are edited properly for sleep.
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/12/ ... n-p55.html

2. To enable sleep, make sure to remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

3. Make sure you check all of the checkboxes in System Preferences/Energy Saver as shown in the picture below.

Screen+shot+2009-12-04+at+12.39.00+PM.png

4. Make sure your DSDT is named DSDT.aml and is in your /Extra folder.

5. On Lion, use the boot flag darkwake=0 in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist. By default if installing using MultiBeast.

6. On Lion, to prevent CMOS reset after wake, then restart- use AppleRTC Patch from MultiBeast.

Hope this helps! Go team! :mrgreen: :clap:

NOTE: This thread should be all solutions and fixes- please no questions about sleep functionality- just make a new thread ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Symptom: Hack sleeps, but reboots instead of waking up...
Make sure you checked all boxes, as tonymac86 mentioned above.

OK, did that but...
Symptom: Hack sleeps, and instead of waking up, HDD LED (and internal "Phase Leds") flash...
Check in the "Advanced BIOS Settings" page that the "No-Execute Memory Protect" setting is Enabled, and the "Init Display First" is set to PCI.

Update: This was caused by a wrongly extracted F8 DSDT back in April 2010.

Note:
Once the board is stuck, it may be tricky to get the board to POST again.
One option is trying to reboot again and sometimes the BIOS detects it can't boot, and reset to defaults.
Otherwise, you might need to put in the Clear CMOS jumper.

It might be wise to start with the BIOS Optimized Defaults, and just change the "SATA Control Mode" to "AHCI" and "HPET Mode" to "64-bit"...
Once you have Sleep working, you can get back to tweaking the BIOS.

Hi Tony,

I can't wake up my machine after make it sleep through the 'Sleep' menu. I'm using a USB wireless mouse and a USB keyboard(not wireless).

Would you please help me to check my DSDT.aml if it's correct? My motherboard is GA-P55-USB3L. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    17.9 KB · Views: 627
babaru said:
Hi Tony,

I can't wake up my machine after make it sleep through the 'Sleep' menu. I'm using a USB wireless mouse and a USB keyboard(not wireless).

Would you please help me to check my DSDT.aml if it's correct? My motherboard is GA-P55-USB3L. Thank you in advance!

NOTE: This thread should be all solutions and fixes- please no questions about sleep functionality- just make a new thread

mikeetastic said:
babaru said:
Hi Tony,

NOTE: This thread should be all solutions and fixes- please no questions about sleep functionality- just make a new thread

Sorry, I've created another new thread for my questions.

I noticed that changing the location, not the code but simply the location, of some code in the DSDL from the database (for the P55M-UD4) enabled sleep on my machine with 100% functionality.

I sent the DSDL to macman and I think he is checking it out, although he didn't think the transposition I made should have any effect. I'm fairly sure it did though. I tested it twice.

coelo said:
I noticed that changing the location, not the code but simply the location, of some code in the DSDL from the database (for the P55M-UD4) enabled sleep on my machine with 100% functionality.

I sent the DSDL to macman and I think he is checking it out, although he didn't think the transposition I made should have any effect. I'm fairly sure it did though. I tested it twice.
Based on Lnx2Mac's testing. I don't think the problem is the DSDT, I think it's the F10 BIOS. I would recommend going back to F9 until Gigabyte fixes it.

MacMan said:
coelo said:

Based on Lnx2Mac's testing. I don't think the problem is the DSDT, I think it's the F10 BIOS. I would recommend going back to F9 until Gigabyte fixes it.

Interesting!
Do you know what exactly the problem is with the bios, what Gigabyte did?

I'm inclined to sit tight where I am since everything is rolling 100% now. When it all gets figured out and the DSDL is confirmed working on F11 I'll move to that.

Lnx2Mac said:

Cool thnx!

I didn't see that you had asked me a question in the other thread or I would have answered, but it looks like you guys figured it out already anyway. I thought that the code for the "Apple Method blah, blah" was the sleep code, so I moved it to the same spot as where I saw it in the TonyMacfixes.aml.

After finding out it wasn't even the sleep code... I can't believe it worked, lol.
AND, I didn't know that messing in the DSDL can fry your mboard. So, that is the last time I'm doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back