Contribute
Register

Sleep - General Troubleshooting Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
tutorial said:
Sleep Ok.. Wake Ok.. but sadly my network device can't connect again... how to fix this please?

anyone?

I am using a DBT-120 Bluetooth Adapter flashed with the the Apple Bluetooth Firmware Updater 1.2. Wake :crazy: on bluetooth and everything is enabled and working. If i press a button on my wireless keyboard or magic mouse, the computer resumes from sleep. The only probelm is once everything turns back on the mouse and keyboard pop up disconnected, I see my bluetooth icon go from connected to disconnected and then everything re-connects and works.

This process can take up to 15 seconds.

Is this normal? Is there a fix? Is this a really minor thing compared to most people probelms with sleep?

Id really like to speed up the bluetooth connection if possile.

Lastly, does anyone know if the Apple Bluetooth Mod would work better then my flashed DBT-120?

Thanks in Advance.

bhorozal said:
tutorial said:
tutorial said:
Sleep Ok.. Wake Ok.. but sadly my network device can't connect again... how to fix this please?

anyone?

What is your network device, is it ethernet, third party usb wireless or DIY airport?

onboard.. i'm using gigabyte z68ap-d3.. realtek network

I'm not entirely sure why, but i've never needed software for sleep/wake with my build. I just find the appropriate sleepenabler.kext for my version of osx on google code, drop it in the extra/extensions folder and voila! hard and timed sleep and wakes work perfectly and all fans turn off. :D

Vann said:
jaydeff said:
Hello, I've been reading around these forums for a couple of days now and haven't seen anything posted already about a solution to my sleep problems.

Basically my computer goes to sleep fine, and when I click my mouse or press a key on my keyboard the computer and everything powers up (hard drive spins, fan turns on, lights turn on and everything) except that my monitor won't display anything at all so I have do a hard reset and reboot the whole machine. I've tried tons of things to fix this but nothing has been working. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated :).

I actually have the same exact problem. Been wondering how to fix it. Hmm...

I too have the same problem. I've tested this before of course, but never stayed in sleep mode for more than some seconds. When you wait a minute it definitely has the problem. The time aspect is related to what would still be in memory, is there still some power to certain components etc.
I have done a processor upgrade from 13 2100 to i5 2500K.
In any case weird. Have tried:
Re-run multibeast
Sleep enabler kext: bad idea=> kernel panic. (good I did this on the BU partition only ;-))
Have clue what to do next.

Help please!

want to add:
Having DSDT for gigabyte GA H61M USB3 B3 f8
8 GB memory
GT520 graphics

[edit] time of hackintosh being asleep does not play a role. So, the reason for the issue is clearly related to the new CPU (it worked fine before). How to fix, without re-install?

Hello, i'm on 10.7.2 everything works except sleep mode.
I downloaded this sleepenabler.kext:
http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=1948

And now, the machine sleeps and wakes up perfectly BUT network does not work any more after sleep mode :S
Any solution?

Thanks

Hi All,

I am running 10.7.2, once I installed the sleep enabler kext for 10.7.2 sleep works well and wakes, but does not wake my second monitor. Any ideas why this might be?

ATI video card, connected to 1080p TV via DVI to VGA connector. Works fine except when the machine wakes from sleep.

Displays panel still lists it and allows me to change resolutions etc. but no signal to the monitor.

TIA

agentcooper0115 said:
Hi All,

I am running 10.7.2, once I installed the sleep enabler kext for 10.7.2 sleep works well and wakes, but does not wake my second monitor. Any ideas why this might be?

ATI video card, connected to 1080p TV via DVI to VGA connector. Works fine except when the machine wakes from sleep.

Displays panel still lists it and allows me to change resolutions etc. but no signal to the monitor.

TIA

I've also tried the sleepenqbler kext, but got kernel panic after. How did you install? I read somewhere you have to delete the old one first? Thanks for any clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back