Contribute
Register

Sleep - General Troubleshooting Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you please provide me with DSDT to Asus P5Q-VM DO?

ipecek said:
Sleeps perfectly on Z68-UD3H-B3, but when awaken, WiFi is off and can't be turned on again. System needs to be restarted to regain WiFi funcionality.

Is there a way to fix it?

(WiFi card is PCI USRobotics AirForce One (BCM4318) and it works OOB.)

Running into this same problem as well.

Look at the Tweaks Post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36044

These tweaks are now in MB v4.1+ and are part of the default EastBeast and UserDSDT modes. See the MB Features document, p3.

I deleted NullCPUPowerManagement.kext like sugjested and ran kext utility, now i get a kernal panic on boot. how can i fix this. can i restore if i plug into another pc and move the kext back into place? something? bootflags? HELP!

edgeonaboat said:
I deleted NullCPUPowerManagement.kext like sugjested and ran kext utility, now i get a kernal panic on boot. how can i fix this. can i restore if i plug into another pc and move the kext back into place? something? bootflags? HELP!

You should be able to boot with iBoot... fish that kext out of your trash and put it back using a Kext Installer! Don't forget to repair permissions with MB <-- this may actually be your problem if you forgot to do this after deleting the kext.

I installed Lion using the UniBeast methodology. All went reasonably well, much better than a previous install starting at Leopard, followed by an upgrade to Lion.

Sleep does have a major problem for me. I can put the Hachintosh to sleep, I can either use the Power Button to wake the system up again, or tap the space bar, but when the system comes back it appears frozen, as I can't input anything from the Apple keyboard, mouse or Apple trackpad I'm using. The monitor is alive, but the world is frozen.

Unplugging the USB keyboard, or the mouse and reconnecting them does nothing.
Attempting to reconnect the bluetooth trackpad does nothing. I have to reboot.

This is the same behavior in 32 bit and 64 bit modes. Same behavior if I put the system to sleep using Apple Menu, or power button.

I do not have NullCPUPowerManagment.plist anywhere on the system, and I have upgraded to 10.7.2 with no other problems.

Any suggestions? Hope I'm doing just something dumb

Something similar happens to me. However the USB functionality comes back after a few seconds of waiting and the system works. But any storage gets disconnected which is a problem.

tecemac said:
This is the same behavior in 32 bit and 64 bit modes. Same behavior if I put the system to sleep using Apple Menu, or power button...
No...No...No! Do not use the default boot options unless you know what you're doing - see p3 of the MultiBeast Features document. Here's my Z68X-UD3H MultiBeast 4.10 configuration which gives me sleep/wake-up with a USB KB/mouse:
StorksZ68X-UD3HMBConfig.png

No...No...No! Do not use the default boot options unless you know what you're doing - see p3 of the MultiBeast Features document. Here's my Z68X-UD3H MultiBeast 4.10 configuration which gives me sleep/wake-up with a USB KB/mouse:

Sorry should have mentioned that I am using a CustomBeast from Tony Mac so I have not changed ANY boot option from what was given to me.

I did notice from your Multibeast example that I had not installed the 3rd party Sata support. All my Multibeast options were otherwise the same as yours. So I did run Multibeast again with the 3rd party Sata Kext install and rebooted.

I put my system to sleep, woke it up with a space bar tap, watched the cursor spin after the system rebooted, and the keyboard and touch pad were dead as before. However this time, unlike before, unplugging the keyboard usb brought the keyboard back alive. I pugged in a USB mouse and it came alive. I looked at the Bluetooth app and saw that its power was off. I tried selecting power back on, nothing happened. Nothing I tried brought the power back to Bluetooth.

I am using a AZiO BTD-V201 Micro Bluetooth Adapter USB 2.0, from Newegg. I thought it was an approved Hachintosh device. It's worth it to me to buy another device that others know works better, if anyone can make a suggestion.

Anyway rebooting causes a NVRAM reset problem following this. I believe the fix there is to use the Leopard AppleRTC kext. I 'll try that fix when I know I can get sleep to work.

Anyone any suggestions how to come back from sleep, without unplugging the Apple USB keyboard, and with getting the Bluetooth to re-power automatically?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back