Contribute
Register

Sleep - General Troubleshooting Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fixed my CMOS reset problem by replacing the AppleRTC.kext in Lion with the one from Snow Leopard 10.6.8. Back up original kext first. Then use kext utility to install Snow Leopard AppleRTC.kext.

There are also sudo commands to change the original Lion kext, but I found this to be more effective.

Hi, I have the same problem, first sleep/wake ok the second sleep it goes but never finishes to wake up, seems only the monitor keeps sleeping so the video card doesn't want to wake up, and I dont have an ATI...mine is a GT 430...so it's Nvidia ;) installed in PCIe #1 at 16x with bios as PEG
My config is with std DSDT downloaded from this site and removed nullpowermanagement.kext also removed P&C states and darkwake=0....same thing, no solution for now, maybe something with lion 10.7.2 causes that, who knows... so I keep :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
My system is overclocked 20%, so after second sleep a hadr reset is needed so my OC config get lost, but is not a clear CMOS I thinik...

My hackintosh sleeps and wakes only once then in the second sleep attempt only my monitors sleep and needs hard reset. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

i ve solved the problem by removing the usb 3.0 kext...

bhorozal said:
My hackintosh sleeps and wakes only once then in the second sleep attempt only my monitors sleep and needs hard reset. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Thanks, bhorozal. I solved mine by removing the usb 3.0 kext too.

Sleep Ok.. Wake Ok.. but sadly my network device can't connect again... how to fix this please?

p98 said:
bhorozal said:

Thanks, bhorozal. I solved mine by removing the usb 3.0 kext too.

Still sleeps and wakes with the help of PleaseSleep app...

eranno said:
which kexts did you remove to resolve the problem?

In multi beast, when you choose usb 3.0 it says "...Installs PXHCD.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/."

I just moved it to trash, asks passwd. Reboot, sleep and wake works but i'd like to remind you that s/w only work with PleaseSleep app.

my lion runs on asus p5ql-pro MB with dsdt. everything is working ok, except
sleep mode.

symptom: the system is entering in sleep mode and immediately it wake's up.

any ideas?

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back