Contribute
Register

Sleep - General Troubleshooting Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
OS X Lion:
I get "normal" sleep and wake after sleep just if I remove GenerateC/PStates in ....boot.plist.

If I use the SpeedStep of a processor (with GenerateC/PStates), the hacky performance after wake from sleep is awful/terrible .., more than 2-3 times lower than before sleep..
The decision:
IF I don`t use the SpeedStep of a processor (without GenerateC/PState), the hacky wakes up from sleep with usual full power without any problem. But here came new "problem". Without speedstep the CPU temperatures goes arount 20 degrees celsius higher.. (55 in idle).
So does anybody find solution to wake from sleep with speedstep, without loosing performance?

OSX Lion Sleep.

I am on a MSI P55 GD65 Core i7860 4gb Ram Amd Radeon 5770
When the Osx enters to sleep mode I get the flashing power led...
However it wont wake up on its previous state but it will reboot with a bios reset.

The sleep and the cpu throttling was working perfectly on Osx 10.6.8.
I am using a custom DSDT.

Cheers:)

xzidique said:
OSX Lion Sleep.

I am on a MSI P55 GD65 Core i7860 4gb Ram Amd Radeon 5770
When the Osx enters to sleep mode I get the flashing power led...
However it wont wake up on its previous state but it will reboot with a bios reset.

The sleep and the cpu throttling was working perfectly on Osx 10.6.8.
I am using a custom DSDT.

Cheers:)
May be everybody with DSDT has perfect sleep on Snow Leo. To prevent bios reset in Lion, use AppleRTC patch. :thumbup:

Has anyone figured out what causes the USB ports to not work on some rigs after waking from sleep?

My Hack goes to sleep fine, better than fine - it goes to sleep perfectly! You know what, it even wakes up perfectly! I tap a key, or I swipe the mouse and presto! It's awake! The deal is, however, as soon as it wakes the keyboard and mouse are inactive.

I have the Apple wired keyboard, and a Microsoft wireless mouse that uses a USB dongle plugged into a port on the keyboard. Essentially they are both plugged into the same USB port off of the motherboard.

I know other people are having this issue, but I haven't seen a remedy.

By the way, I'm still running 10.6.8.

Thanks!

kyphotog said:
I don't know if this works for all Gigabyte motherboards or just mine but it solved my sleep problem. I have a GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (BIOS version F7) with a Core i7 2600K and a MSI Twin Frozer III HD6870 Hawk video card. My Hackintosh runs well but I never got it to sleep properly. I decided to do a test install on a spare HD using UserDSDT Install and also ticked the System Utilities checkbox in Multibeast (3.7.3) AND NOTHING ELSE. I then rebooted and ran Multibeast installing one kext at a time. Each time I rebooted, I checked to see if sleep still functioned properly. It worked until I installed the USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas kext. I then removed the kext (called PXHCD.kext) using terminal:

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/PXHCD.kext

After authenticating with my password, I closed Terminal and ran System Utilities in Multibeast again and rebooted. Proper sleep function was restored. I then removed the same kext from my first install which never had proper sleep function. Sure enough now it enters sleep mode properly. However, when the computer wakes from sleep, my Apple Pro keyboard (white plastic-USB 1) is non-responsive until it's unplugged and replugged. I don't have another keyboard to test to see if it's just this model or a general USB issue. Perhaps others can test their setups and report here. Since I don't yet have any USB 3 peripherals, I'm happy to have proper sleep and shutdown in exchange.

So basically you're saying it's the PXHCD.kext. Correct?

kDawg said:
kyphotog said:
I don't know if this works for all Gigabyte motherboards or just mine but it solved my sleep problem. I have a GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (BIOS version F7) with a Core i7 2600K and a MSI Twin Frozer III HD6870 Hawk video card. My Hackintosh runs well but I never got it to sleep properly. I decided to do a test install on a spare HD using UserDSDT Install and also ticked the System Utilities checkbox in Multibeast (3.7.3) AND NOTHING ELSE. I then rebooted and ran Multibeast installing one kext at a time. Each time I rebooted, I checked to see if sleep still functioned properly. It worked until I installed the USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas kext. I then removed the kext (called PXHCD.kext) using terminal:

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/PXHCD.kext

After authenticating with my password, I closed Terminal and ran System Utilities in Multibeast again and rebooted. Proper sleep function was restored. I then removed the same kext from my first install which never had proper sleep function. Sure enough now it enters sleep mode properly. However, when the computer wakes from sleep, my Apple Pro keyboard (white plastic-USB 1) is non-responsive until it's unplugged and replugged. I don't have another keyboard to test to see if it's just this model or a general USB issue. Perhaps others can test their setups and report here. Since I don't yet have any USB 3 peripherals, I'm happy to have proper sleep and shutdown in exchange.

So basically you're saying it's the PXHCD.kext. Correct?

I'm just saying that with my configuration, this particular kext caused sleep issues. It may or may not be the case with other Gigabyte boards. You can always delete the kext and reinstall it if it doesn't solve the problem but you might want to backup your drive as a precaution.

I've the same board Z68-UD5-B3 (f7) and sleep only works if I initiate it from the apple menu aka force sleep. Auto sleep or computer sleep configured in Energy Saver never works for the time set. I don't have a CDrom or DVD or Blu-Ray device connected nor USB 3.0 kexts loaded that known to cause conflicts. So it's really puzzling.

I have as much trouble with sleep on real macs as with hacks!

If your hack wakes properly but wont sleep as directed by the settings in your energy saver pane, try downloading PleaseSleep, a free app that has worked great for me on my MBPro and a couple of hacks.

hey guys !
I'm also having sleep issues. on every first boot and first sleep on wake up it will reboot then it works.

power up comp ----> boots --> sleep ok -->wakeup it reboots --> boot ok --> sleep ok--> wakeup ok.

is it chimera that fixes thing. same thing in snow and lion. :banghead:

thanks.

fixed 1 reboot cycle pmset -a hibernatemode 3 was 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back