Contribute
Register

Sleep - General Troubleshooting Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem as nighthawk. Waking from sleep does everything except turn on monitor output. The bootplist fix is already part of multibeast 4.2.. i had sleep working with my prevous i3 2100 processor with proper wake-up. I changed to the i5 2500k and since then I have the wake-up problem. Hwever, I also used MB 4.2.1 after the upgrade, so this may have played a role as well. I'm lost finding a solution for this.

nickfielibert said:
I have the same problem as nighthawk. Waking from sleep does everything except turn on monitor output. The bootplist fix is already part of multibeast 4.2.. i had sleep working with my prevous i3 2100 processor with proper wake-up. I changed to the i5 2500k and since then I have the wake-up problem. Hwever, I also used MB 4.2.1 after the upgrade, so this may have played a role as well. I'm lost finding a solution for this.

The problem sounds complicated. Do you think this is the due to HD 3000 rather than motherboard. Have you tried using a discrete card like 6870?

I'm not against switching to a different brand of motherboard, Asus being my top alternate contender [as I know it works with a Core2Duo] BUT -- what is a good Asus replacement match to my Z68AP?

Have you tried putting this into your org.chameleon.boot.plist?
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 npci=0x2000</string>

You can find more details in http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic...t one of them. OK folks, what do we do? ;)

NighthawkCA said:
I'm not against switching to a different brand of motherboard, Asus being my top alternate contender [as I know it works with a Core2Duo] BUT -- what is a good Asus replacement match to my Z68AP?

Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>

You can find more details in http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic...btw, did you get your on board sound working?

Fascinating new wrinkle for me here. I am VERY close to a working sleep, it seems, and may with my troubleshooting be able to help others with Sandy Bridge Gigabyte Z68AP boards as well. I'm using the DSDT from the Database here. Here's my story step by step ---

1. For the heck of it, I booted from iBoot using my existing Snow Leo HD as the startup disc (Inserted iBoot CD, right-arrowed to my HD, hit Return). Screen had one message before the apple logo "Unsupported Card!" but I'm fine with that.

2. MacOS 10.6.8 opened fine, booted to main screen, had a translucent menu bar [which indicated QE/CI]. Put the computer into Sleep mode via the Apple menu. IT SLEPT! I nearly fainted. Clicked the mouse to wake it up. IT WOKE UP AND HAD VIDEO BACK! I nearly fainted again ..

3. I rebooted the computer a second time (with the iBoot disc) just to make sure I wasn't dreaming all this. It worked FINE a second time, so it wasn't a fluke! :headbang:

HOWEVER !!!

4. I then rebooted without the iBoot CD as the active drive. Restarted from my Mac HD by itself. System slept fine. BUT it did NOT wake up with video, my monitor said "Waiting for signal." Um, what ?! :evil:

5. Rebooted the computer (with the iBoot disc) and put it to sleep, clicked the mouse and it woke back up again with video, no problems.

So I narrowed it down to it being something on my HD [or not on my HD].

OBVIOUSLY there's code [or lack of code] on the iBoot CD only, that allows it to start video back up again ?? OR is it the fact that there's a CD in the drive that does not allow it to kill the video from starting up?

I already tried copying the kernel from the iBoot CD (using Show Invisible files in the Finder, mount Preboot.dmg, copy the kernel to the HD/Extras/ folder, adding in the proper kernel reference in my .plist on the HD because I saw it said that it was using the new kernel on the HD when I booted with -v).

My org.chameleon.Boot.plist has:

Kernel Flags: arch=i386 pmVersion=23 npci=0x2000 -v

Kernel: /Extra/mach_kernel

GenerateCStates=Yes, GeneratePStates=Yes

(other "standard" things like GraphicEnabler=Yes, Timeout=2, Legacy Logo=Yes, EthernetBuiltIn=Yes)

SO -- What do you think I can try from this point? We are inches away.

Thanks all for your help.

xyz14 said:
NighthawkCA said:

Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>

You can find more details in http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic...10.6.7 was 100% working with no special kext.

xyz14 said:
nickfielibert said:

The problem sounds complicated. Do you think this is the due to HD 3000 rather than motherboard. Have you tried using a discrete card like 6870?

It Could well be related to Hd3000, but I'm using a gt520 graphics board. I needed this because of a need for a dvi port with analog capabilities. I also checked that my mouse is not active after wake. So, kb seems alive (led for numlock is on). No mouse, no video, is the status after wake. All fans and HD are active.

Sleep works just fine but the problem is: 1.cant
wake with keyboard or mouse I have to press power button to wake it 2.sound stops working
after wake.. :( (Lion 10.7.2)

nickfielibert said:
xyz14 said:
nickfielibert said:

It Could well be related to Hd3000, but I'm using a gt520 graphics board. I needed this because of a need for a dvi port with analog capabilities. I also checked that my mouse is not active after wake. So, kb seems alive (led for numlock is on). No mouse, no video, is the status after wake. All fans and HD are active.

I am reading through this thread looking for issues to solve the no usb after wake issue on a ga-h61m-usb3-b3 mobo. Have to do the replug trick to wake up the usb keyboard/mouse/etc. Very annoying. I tried the DSDT edit to add an operation region but still no go.

However I am not sure if you found the fix for the no video after wake issue or not? If not I found the problem. See my post replies here http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=46043&p=290197#p290197
I found you just need to enable option in BIOS to state use of onboard video as always, instead of option to only enable if no external PEG device found (e.g. no PCIe card found).

Eureka!! Luthepa1 you the man!!!
It's fixed. Setting the bios to internal graphics always enabled did the job. Sleep woks perfect now, so does wake-up. I assume this is related to the HD3000 graphics on the i5 2500K . My previous chip had HD2000, that I believe is not supported in Lion. Lion somehow needs to be able to detect the HD3000 graphics. Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back