Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah

Yeah I'm using the the script as shown but it says unknown Core display error should I downgrade to 10.12.0/1/2? I'm currently on 10.12.4

Show the error/full Terminal log.

Show the error/full Terminal log.
This is what I get on console while applying patch:

Last login: Sat May 13 01:43:10 on console

sierras-iMac:~ sierra$ ./XPS9530.sh --patch-pixelclock

[CoreDisplay]: Patching CoreDisplay for maximum pixel clock

[CoreDisplay]: Current CoreDisplay md5 is 8880d8a0cbfcd8590d8ff689b20009d6

--> Unknown CoreDisplay version (8880d8a0cbfcd8590d8ff689b20009d6) or already patched (
no action taken)

Do you want to try and apply the patch nontheless?

1) Yes

2) No

#? 1

Password:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/Current/CoreDisplay: replacing existing signature

Patched

sierras-iMac:~ Sierra$

It shows as patched but when try to boot without fakeId it prints ACPI error and it hangs there.

This is what I get on console while applying patch:

Last login: Sat May 13 01:43:10 on console

sierras-iMac:~ sierra$ ./XPS9530.sh --patch-pixelclock

[CoreDisplay]: Patching CoreDisplay for maximum pixel clock

[CoreDisplay]: Current CoreDisplay md5 is 8880d8a0cbfcd8590d8ff689b20009d6

--> Unknown CoreDisplay version (8880d8a0cbfcd8590d8ff689b20009d6) or already patched (
no action taken)

Do you want to try and apply the patch nontheless?

1) Yes

2) No

#? 1

Password:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/Current/CoreDisplay: replacing existing signature

Patched

sierras-iMac:~ Sierra$

It shows as patched but when try to boot without fakeId it prints ACPI error and it hangs there.

Restore CoreDisplay to vanilla (run the macOS installer if needed).
Then run the patch again.
Make sure it applies the patch (eg. md5 changes).

Note: You can verify it is a 4k problem by using an external monitor (assuming your HDMI/DP port is connected to Intel).

Restore CoreDisplay to vanilla (run the macOS installer if needed).
Then run the patch again.
Make sure it applies the patch (eg. md5 changes).

Note: You can verify it is a 4k problem by using an external monitor (assuming your HDMI/DP port is connected to Intel).
I don't have any monitor or HDMI cable right now. Should I install directly or make a bootable drive. Cause my bios is not recognising the bootable drives. Any suggestions?

I don't have any monitor or HDMI cable right now. Should I install directly or make a bootable drive. Cause my bios is not recognising the bootable drives. Any suggestions?

Note: This forum is desktop only.
Further discussion should be taken to a new thread in the laptop forum.

Mac OS Sierra don't support VGA display, right?
I don't think VGA support has changed. I'm running Sierra 10.12.5 on my Mac Pro. It supports VGA from the GeForce GTX 680 card (Kepler generation). My Titan X (Maxwell generation) supports VGA only in Windows OS. The GeForce GTX 1070 (Pascal generation) does not have analog output.

VGA should work from any DisplayPort to VGA adapter. I made a Skylake graphics pixel clock patch to allow greater than 160 MHz (only for adapters that can go higher than that). The plugable.com USB-C to VGA adapter supports 330 MHz. To get that to work from a normal DisplayPort output requires a card like the SUNIX UPD2018 to convert DisplayPort to USB-C alt-mode.

VGA should also work from any HDMI or DVI to VGA adapter.

Does this adapter has to be active?
Thanks in advance! :)
VGA is analog, so any adapter will sort of be active. For DisplayPort, the adapter has a choice of being completely active (uses DisplayPort only signal) or sort of active (passive?) by using the HDMI signal from a DisplayPort connector that supports DisplayPort Dual-Mode (DP++).

Most DisplayPort connectors on your computer (Intel, Nvidia, AMD) will support DisplayPort Dual-Mode (DP++). A Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapter does not support DP++.

Active adapters may be preferable since they work on any DisplayPort connector. Active adapters are more expensive than passive adapters, but the adapters aren't very expensive anyway.

There's an excellent explanation at:
http://plugable.com/products/dp-passive/
http://plugable.com/products/dp-hdmi/

Last edited:
I don't think VGA support has changed. I'm running Sierra 10.12.5 on my Mac Pro. It supports VGA from the GeForce GTX 680 card (Kepler generation). My Titan X (Maxwell generation) supports VGA only in Windows OS. The GeForce GTX 1070 (Pascal generation) does not have analog output.

VGA should work from any DisplayPort to VGA adapter. I made a Skylake graphics pixel clock patch to allow greater than 160 MHz (only for adapters that can go higher than that). The plugable.com USB-C to VGA adapter supports 330 MHz. To get that to work from a normal DisplayPort output requires a card like the SUNIX UPD2018 to convert DisplayPort to USB-C alt-mode.

VGA should also work from any HDMI or DVI to VGA adapter.

Not exactly right, analog port support has change from 10.11.4, HD530 and HD630 work with analog port, no adapter is required, need FB@ patch to enable it.

From 10.12.4 up, IGPU analog port can use for fresh install macOS.
upload_2017-5-18_21-43-11.png

Need change config.plist settings as below then analog port can work without FB@ patch.
Only work with 10.12.x, will not with 10.11.x.
upload_2017-5-18_21-24-36.png

Also analog and digital signal combination has advantage for dual monitors system, no longer need same scale monitor (like digital need 16:9 + 16:9), now using 21:9 + 16:9 combination is possible.
upload_2017-5-18_21-47-37.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back