Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly right, analog port support has change from 10.11.4, HD530 and HD630 work with analog port, no adapter is required, need FB@ patch to enable it.
Intel Graphics only outputs DisplayPort or HDMI over DisplayPort Dual Mode. If your computer has a VGA output, then it means that it is using a built in passive or active adapter. Your screen shot says "Adapter Firmware Version". I'm not sure if that means active or passive. I would examine the DPCD in Ubuntu and compare that between a DisplayPort active adapter and DisplayPort Dual Mode passive adapter. It would be nice to be able to get the DPCD from macOS, like we can get the EDID. The graphics driver does read the DPCD, but I don't think it put's it anywhere. That would be a cool patch to make.

From 10.12.4 up, IGPU analog port can use for fresh install macOS.
Need change config.plist settings as below then analog port can work without FB@ patch.
Only work with 10.12.x, will not with 10.11.x.
I accept that Apple has made some changes. You're saying that the analog port will work in 10.11.x with a FB@ patch? I don't see any reason why an analog port wouldn't work in 10.11.x (with a small patch at most) since it's no different than HDMI or DisplayPort from the graphics chip perspective.

Also analog and digital signal combination has advantage for dual monitors system, no longer need same scale monitor (like digital need 16:9 + 16:9), now using 21:9 + 16:9 combination is possible.
I don't see how Apple could mess up a graphics driver like that. Are the two digital displays detected as different displays (different EDID contents)? Turn off display mirroring? They should have separate resolution lists. Use SwitchResX?

Your screen shot says "Adapter Firmware Version". I'm not sure if that means active or passive.

I agree this, I do not think it is a real VGA port, should be digital to analog device, therefore I call it analog port is right.

I accept that Apple has made some changes. You're saying that the analog port will work in 10.11.x with a FB@ patch? I don't see any reason why an analog port wouldn't work in 10.11.x (with a small patch at most) since it's no different than HDMI or DisplayPort from the graphics chip perspective.

I use below patch for 0x19120000, and avoid to use 1030403 4 port patch.

FF000000 01000000 20000000 01050900 00040000 87010000 02040A00 00040000 87010000 03060A00 00040000 87010000

01050900 00080000 87010000 02040A00 02000000 87010000 03060A00 10000000 87010000 FF000000 01000000 20000000

Because analog port is mostly linked to F@ 0306 port 7, which is hidden in 10.11.x, 4 display patch can enable it with ig-platform-id 0x19120000, but 1030403 patch also caused some multi display problem.

In 10.12.x, 0x193b0005 is added, native support 4 ports, no patch is required.

I don't see how Apple could mess up a graphics driver like that. Are the two digital displays detected as different displays (different EDID contents)? Turn off display mirroring? They should have separate resolution lists. Use SwitchResX?

It should be EDID detect issue, I tested with both SwitchResX and ResXtreme, try to update system EDID information with those app but failed, 21:9 + 16:9 combination never success with DVI + HDMI configuration, my LG 21:9 need downscale to 16:9 for digital combination.

See attached png, captured in 10.11.6, LG Utrawide need downscale to 16:9.

Attachments

• resxtreme 2.png
    resxtreme 2.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 277
  • 3 display 2.png
    3 display 2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 255
Thank you all for replies!

I am newbie in Hackintosh world, so I have a question.

I have trouble with my display, it shows only 3 MB of VRAM. I have display via VGA, but it says only 3 MB of VRAM. Resolution is 1024*768... I tried to install patch for Intel HD 5xx (Multibeast) but with no luck.

Thank you all for replies!

I am newbie in Hackintosh world, so I have a question.

I have trouble with my display, it shows only 3 MB of VRAM. I have display via VGA, but it says only 3 MB of VRAM. Resolution is 1024*768... I tried to install patch for Intel HD 5xx (Multibeast) but with no luck.

Try attached config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 387
I'm not sure if that means active or passive.
It must be active.

Passive adapters (HDMI from DisplayPort Dual Mode (DP++)) have no ability to get information such as connection type and adapter firmware version. Passive adapters can only pass EDID information from the display.

Active adapters (DisplayPort) can get connector and adapter information from the DPCD, as well as EDID information from the display.

I've tested 3 adapters on a MacBook Pro.
1) One was passive (actually, it was HDMI, which I connected with a mDP to DVI adapter, which was passive).
2) The other two were active. One was from Apple and had an "Adapter Type" descriptor. This might be a vendor specific info string in the DPCD? I didn't check.
3) The second was from Startech and used the "Connection Type" like yours did. Both had a "Firmware Version". "Connection Type" is part of the standard DPCD information. Apple doesn't show "Connection Type" if there's an "Adapter Type" to show instead.

21:9 + 16:9 combination never success with DVI + HDMI configuration, my LG 21:9 need downscale to 16:9 for digital combination.
My Z170N Gaming 5 has a HDMI connector and a DVI connector (single link, no analog signal). They are passive: probably using DisplayPort Dual Mode from then Intel CPU. I was able to get both connectors up to 354 MHz (3840x2160@41Hz CVT-RB2) using SwitchResX and Floris' pixel-clock-patch-V2. I could not connect two displays at the same time. If one is connected and I connect the other then both loose signal, until I disconnect either of them. So I couldn't reproduce your results.

It must be active.

Passive adapters (HDMI from DisplayPort Dual Mode (DP++)) have no ability to get information such as connection type and adapter firmware version. Passive adapters can only pass EDID information from the display.

Active adapters (DisplayPort) can get connector and adapter information from the DPCD, as well as EDID information from the display.

Yes, agree.

There are so many peoples still using analog monitors in the world. I think, in order to provide a VGA interface, mobo vendors have add a digital to analog bridge, for compatible, legacy support or customer support purpose.

If one is connected and I connect the other then both loose signal

Same issue as mine, when using DVI + HDMI without downscale to 16:9 + 16:9.

Your testing condition is, monitors have same ratio 16:9 + 16:9 ? and one of them resolution is higher than 1920x1080 ? still get this problem ?

I still believe it should be software issue, because my AOC show "signal out of range" or "display mode not supported" before black screen.

Try attached config.plist.

Thank you shuhung, but it didn't help. I'm desperate. LOL With your config.plist, display goes to black after Apple logo...

Can someone look at this screenshot, and tell me what's wrong (I guess it's device ID, it's strange number...).

Thank you all!

Attachments

• 20170521_114345.jpg
    20170521_114345.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 393
  • 20170521_114355.jpg
    20170521_114355.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 358
Thank you shuhung, but it didn't help. I'm desperate. LOL With your config.plist, display goes to black after Apple logo...

Can someone look at this screenshot, and tell me what's wrong (I guess it's device ID, it's strange number...).

Thank you all!

I double checked my config.plist, is correct, upload your EFI folder without themes folder.

If you use my config.plist should look like this,
upload_2017-5-21_21-33-2.png

Shuhung, thank you for your help!

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong, but with your config.plist, after Apple logo, screen goes to black. With my config.plist, I get to desktop, with 1024*768 resolution and 3 MB of VRAM. I tried everything, every solution which I find on forum, but with no help. :(

I activated my IGP on my motherboard, and turn off all things which may interfere with Hackintosh...No luck. :(

I attached you my EFI folder. :)

Thanks again!

edit: one more thing, perhaps screen goes to black with your config.plist because I'm using monitor on VGA output on my motherboard?

Attachments

• EFI.ZIP
    3 MB · Views: 169
Same issue as mine, when using DVI + HDMI without downscale to 16:9 + 16:9.

Your testing condition is, monitors have same ratio 16:9 + 16:9 ? and one of them resolution is higher than 1920x1080 ? still get this problem ?

I still believe it should be software issue, because my AOC show "signal out of range" or "display mode not supported" before black screen.
One monitor was 16:10 (1920x1200). The other was 16:9 (3840x2160). I tried with two 16:9 (3840x2160) but that didn't produce much better results (in that case, when I connect the second display, the first is disabled). I'm have problems just getting 10.12.5 to boot. I'll try your config.plist. Did you use "Share Screen..." from another Mac to determine what resolution your Hackintosh was trying to output to both displays?

Shuhung, thank you for your help!

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong, but with your config.plist, after Apple logo, screen goes to black. With my config.plist, I get to desktop, with 1024*768 resolution and 3 MB of VRAM. I tried everything, every solution which I find on forum, but with no help. :(
You've shown screen shots using your config.plist. Looks like it's just using the boot display frame buffer (setup in UEFI), and not the macOS Skylake graphics driver, like it couldn't find the graphics device.

Can you use Shuhung's config.plist, reboot, use "Share Screen..." from another Mac to take a screen shot? The fact that the screen turns blank probably means that it's using the macOS Skylake graphics driver. In that case, you just need to figure out why it disables the display, which I think is the biggest problem with macOS graphics on Hackintosh's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back