Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Graphics Glitch Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great!!! The fix worked!
Those black glitches were driving me crazy!

Thanks!!!

Hey everyone, I've tried a bunch of different patches, but could not even get acceleration working with the HD 530 on my PC. I used the Multibeast patch, this one, and tried a few other ones as well, but with no results. The 530 actually shows up under the Graphics section of System Information with the full acceleration, but under "About this Mac" it says that "Display 7 mb" is being used. How do I get it to use the right one?

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 234
  • Display7mb.png
    Display7mb.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 235
  • HD350.png
    HD350.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 244
Hey everyone, I've tried a bunch of different patches, but could not even get acceleration working with the HD 530 on my PC. I used the Multibeast patch, this one, and tried a few other ones as well, but with no results. The 530 actually shows up under the Graphics section of System Information with the full acceleration, but under "About this Mac" it says that "Display 7 mb" is being used. How do I get it to use the right one?

I was having the exact same issue as you tonight with my customac I setup today. GA-Z170MX Gaming 5 with i7 6700k. I installed via unibeast and used multibeast, and did not have any of the described artifacts that others were experiencing. But, I was missing hardware acceleration, and my system was reporting 8mb video memory. As soon as I put any ig-platform-id, I would get kernel panic. Reading through this thread, I found a post from RehabMan that helped me get things going.

DVMT-prealloc set to 64mb?

My bios default settings had this setting at 32mb, and I had tried cranking it up to 128 and 256, but it still failed. When I set it to 64mb, everything just started working.

Hope this helps you!

My bios default settings had this setting at 32mb, and I had tried cranking it up to 128 and 256, but it still failed. When I set it to 64mb, everything just started working.

Mine was set to 64mb as well, but unfortunately, that didn't work for me.

I'm not going to dive into your DSDT but I took a quick look at your config, and I see you have a lot of duplicate patches in there, the 4 port patch seems to be included at least 3 times, I lost count. I would try to clean up your config a bit, at the very least, disable some of the duplicates. What problem are you having?

Hi aol! Good observation... I clean up this duplicated patches (like u could see in the attach) in the config... I change what Gigamaxx indicate (fake ID for 0x19120003, use 0a206080 for ig and put intel= false and true). My DVMT minimal memory is 64mb already (and max allowed supported).... I tried so many options... not work for the glitches yet since Sierra was created in setember. :banghead:
If you could help i'd be very thankful. Thank you anyway for your attention.

Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 10.43.28.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    12 KB · Views: 227
Thanks. We found the solution. Problem is, two GPU doesn't work at the same time. When I disabled my GTX660 with nv_disable=1 glitch is gone.

is your both GPU's working at the same time without any problem? Cause I dont see any boot arguments in your files.

Special Thanks to @schwadorf.

Hi Telepati, I have almost the same desktop setup as you but without GPU in my build. I tried all kinds of fix/patch like you said but still no luck; the moment I edit config.plist by adding those settings under "Device" and "graphics" section makes the drive unbootable.

Given that I have no GPU, should I or should I not be using "Inject Intel" under graphic section?
Also, can you please share your Config.plist? I want to give yours a go by putting into my EFI partition.

In my setup I used ig-platform-id 0x19120000 and Inject Intel true, however you might try different values. The most important config part is below.

Add to clover config:
Code:
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
    <key>AddProperties</key>
    <array>
        <dict>
            <key>Device</key>
            <string>IntelGFX</string>
            <key>Key</key>
            <string>AAPL,GfxYTile</string>
            <key>Value</key>
            <data>
            AQAAAA==
            </data>
        </dict>
    </array>
</dict>

View attachment 218567

Thanks to PikerAlpha for discovering AAPL,GfxYTile
I have tried many times and finally this method work.
Even this method I have tried 3 times.
Please note to:
1. Mount the EFI partition;
2. Use MultiBeast to install HD 530 driver
3. Modified the new config.plist

Thanks again!

Hi Telepati, I have almost the same desktop setup as you but without GPU in my build. I tried all kinds of fix/patch like you said but still no luck; the moment I edit config.plist by adding those settings under "Device" and "graphics" section makes the drive unbootable.

Given that I have no GPU, should I or should I not be using "Inject Intel" under graphic section?
Also, can you please share your Config.plist? I want to give yours a go by putting into my EFI partition.

Yes I have discrete GPU but I don't use it. I just using HD530 with full patched.

First check you BIOS settings. is your IGPU selected primary first and is your DVMT 64MB? If you are using this ig-platform-id 0x19120000 yes 'Inject Intel' must be checked.

You can try also @Gigamaxx fake id method without 'Intel inject'

Fake ID 0x19120003, ig-platform-id 0a206080 'Inject Intel' must be unchecked.

I attached my config;

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.7 KB · Views: 227
Hi aol! Good observation... I clean up this duplicated patches (like u could see in the attach) in the config... I change what Gigamaxx indicate (fake ID for 0x19120003, use 0a206080 for ig and put intel= false and true). My DVMT minimal memory is 64mb already (and max allowed supported).... I tried so many options... not work for the glitches yet since Sierra was created in setember. :banghead:
If you could help i'd be very thankful. Thank you anyway for your attention.
The differences between my config and yours are
1. you omit the device-colors AddProperties block (see post 17 in this thread, the last <dict> is for device-colors)
2. you have a bunch of HDA patches, you might consider temporarily removing those just to see if they are conflicting (I don't have any HDA patches in my config)
3. you have inject intel true, you are FakeID'ing IntelGFX to 0x19120003 and your ig-platform-id is 0x0a20608; I have inject intel true, no IntelGFX fakeId, and my ig-platform-id is 0x19120000
4. you appear to have 4 patches for connector fixes (with <string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>), one of which is labelled with "Port_0x7-DP2HDM" and another with "Port 7 as HDMI", that is, apparently duplicates although the patch is different. There is almost certainly no reason for you to have 4 of those in there. At most I'd think you'd have 2. I don't know that they're causing a problem, but it's at the least confusing. Those patches are supposed to tell your system that physical port 5 (or 6 or 7, you probably have 3 physical graphics ports) is a certain connector type (DP is the default, but you can override it to HDMI or DVI). You can validate this by opening ioreg and filtering for display. Ignore port 0, and make sure the others have the right connector type for the port number.

Keep trying things and be patient! My main suggestion is to pull the HDA/HDEF stuff out for now, resolve this graphics stuff, then put it back in. Simplify.

Yes I have discrete GPU but I don't use it. I just using HD530 with full patched.

First check you BIOS settings. is your IGPU selected primary first and is your DVMT 64MB? If you are using this ig-platform-id 0x19120000 yes 'Inject Intel' must be checked.

You can try also @Gigamaxx fake id method without 'Intel inject'

Fake ID 0x19120003, ig-platform-id 0a206080 'Inject Intel' must be unchecked.

I attached my config;

Thanks for the point in fixing my BIOS Settings!

History:
I had working Sierra on HDD with HD530 glitch (i.e. Reference A). I recently bought SSD (i.e. Reference B) which I used CCC to copy the entire HDD and prepare identical EFI Partition. Obviously, both are suffering HD530 glitch but other than that everything else works perfectly; able to boot own its own and function.

Progress:
I am playing with B's EFI config.plist using latest Clover Configurator. After trying variety of fixes through Clover configurator, now the B drive is not able to boot itself. I tried copying back the A's entire EFI partition to B's EFI to return to prior state, but still the drive is completely unbootable where verbose mode tells me this line
>>> "[IGPU] Failed to initialize graphics firmware."

When I get home, I will try changing BIOS setting to a) primary graphic as IGPU b) DVMT to 64MB and see if any of drive A or B is able to address HD530 glitch.

I really want to make Drive B work, but what would you suggest I do? :( should I try clean re-installl ? Thanks for your time and help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back