Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Graphics Glitch Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did not see any changes to the MB BIOS. The one thing that is not working is sleep. Basically the machine appears to sleep, I hit a key to wake the machine and then it shuts down and restarts.

There might be a solution now if you're using Lilu 1.2.0+:

Worth checking out. Works for me!

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hibernationfixup/

Ok, I now have 1.2 and fibernationfixup. Will use kext beast and let you know.

My advice is move FakeSMC.kext from your system/library/extensions (or ~/Library/Extensions/) and move it, and Lilu.kext, hibernationfixup.kext, shiki.kext, and intelgraphicsfixup.kext into EFI/Clover/kexts/Other
reason being Lilu should load as early in the process as possible.
Also there is a coredisplaypatcher.kext now too that saves having to run the script every time you update to get 4K+ resolutions

was able to get into the boot drive through the Unibeast USB but back to the Graphics glitch with only 14mb resetting the config did not help

edit: Lilu , IntelGraphiczFixup, Shiki are already in "other"

Ok, move all to appropriate folders, restarted and we are back to normal.

But did not solve the sleep problem. System does "sleep" and wakes but does not send a signal to the monitor and then shuts down completely.

Ahh darn. Was worth a try I guess :)

Should Lilu.kext, hibernationfixup.kext, shiki.kext, and intelgraphicsfixup.kext continue to reside in SLE and should they also be in EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.13? I noticed that Lilu 1.1.7 is in the 10.13 folder and Lilu 1.2 is in "Other". Additionally, as of this morning I no longer have sound which I did yesterday. The ALC kext is present. sheeesh!

Somehow, during the night changes happened. See the attached:

Personally, I would install them to /L/E. Use LiluFriend.kext if needed.

Then copy the "essential" ones to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other ("essential" kexts are those that you need to boot the installer or recovery partition).

I put Lilu and all kexts that use Lilu in /Clover/Kexts/other
there is also an Apple ALC kext that uses Lilu (not sure if you're using that one)
Most Lilu plugin kexts have been updated so you'll need to check with versions you have to ensure they work with Lilu 1.2.0 (it's a major rewrite)

Clover/Kexts/Other only injects if you have FakeSMC in that folder and nowhere else (S/L/E or ~/L/E)

Edit: I just say Rehabman's post, and he should be considered the authority on the subject; follow his suggestion.

Personally, I would install them to /L/E. Use LiluFriend.kext if needed.

Then copy the "essential" ones to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other ("essential" kexts are those that you need to boot the installer or recovery partition).

Out of curiosity, what's the advantage of this, opposed to all Lilu+related in /Kexts/other?

Out of curiosity, what's the advantage of this, opposed to all Lilu+related in /Kexts/other?

There are quite a few kexts that don't work when injected.

Injection should be considered "not native", therefore avoided when possible. Therefore, injection should be used only when needed (installer/recovery only).

In addition, for kexts installed to the system volume (typically /L/E), kextcache provides additional checking for matched versions/compatibility that you don't get if you inject.

This is what is in "Other" on the Unibeast 8.0 EFI. which of these would be essential?

Technically on the only ESSENTIAL one is FakeSMC. I (sorry Rehabman) suggest getting rid of all the sensors are they're pretty heavy on system use, and once you install the GTX 1050 you will get a kernel panic related to FakeSMC_GPUsensors.kext (I think, unless it has been updated)

Double check that you have the latest AppleALC.kext that does with Lilu 1.2.0:

https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases

I might do what he suggests and move all kexts to /S/L/E with kextutility (and adding Lilufriend) but I want to test booting with SIP enabled and kexts not loading to see if my system boots acceptably...

What do you think about reinstalling the config.plist you created?

The AppleALC.kext is 1.1.7 in the 10.13 folder and the "Other" folder.

AppleALC.kext is not in L/E or S/L/E

GOOD NEWS! Updating to AppleALC.kext 1.2 gives me sound! Thank you all! Graphics card, tomorrow, maybe. :eek:

Sure, try reinstalling the config I uploaded, and rename the current one something else (configbackup.plist) Just in case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back