Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Graphics Glitch Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I created a separate disk with 10.13.1 and then installed the config.plist that you created but it would not open, simply went to black screen. Will that config only work for 13, not 13.1?

To my knowledge it should work in 10.13.1 unless they’ve changed some things... have you ran anything that needs to be re-run like AGDPfix?

Probably going back to 10.13.0 since 13.1 is clearly not working for me. Looking forward to Multibeast 10.x when (if) it is made available.
It's coming. Hellva programming and testing/debug effort going on to make it work with HS and APFS.

Olde coaches saying, "Don't rush to fail!" :thumbup:

No doubt!
I have faith and patience but I also have work to do (and maybe go way back to 12.6) but love me some Multibeast!
It's just a bit of hyperbole to say "way back" to Sierra when High Sierra is just an addition of APFS and some other under the hood changes. What is it that HS does for you that Sierra cannot do right now ?

Yes indeed it is hyperbole. . The difference is the “ease” of using an NVMe drive with 10.13. If you have an easy way to make that happen, say with Clover configurator in 10.12.6, I’m all ears.

I believe Pike R Alpha's NVME patches are built right into clover configurator now?

Attachments

• PIKERNMVE.jpg
    PIKERNMVE.jpg
    767.6 KB · Views: 353
I believe Pike R Alpha's NVME patches are built right into clover configurator now?

This is rather off topic but those patches are really for installation purposes only. Once your running you should implement the class code spoof. If you follow his instructions on the thread it’s relatively simple.

I simply installed 1 through 17 of Pike R Alpha's NVME patches in Clover Configurator and now have the NVMe showing on my desktop. Doing a CCC and will see if it is bootable

Well, I installed all of the patches, base on what an example of a config.plist. The NVMe drive appeared on desktop and Disk Utility. I erased and partitioned the NVMe drive for MacOS Extended and GUID partition and then I did a CCC to the NVMe. The drive did indeed accept the cloning process. Did a restart, changed the boot device in BIOS and then... the system booted back into the SSD drive that the NVMe was created from, the NVMe is nowhere to be found and two of my internal storage disks are appearing as "external" disks. Any advice would help with this.

Please use this post and support thread for support with NVMe support for Sierra and earlier.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

I've read through this several times in the past month, sadly, this information is beyond my meager mental capacity.
It seems daunting when you read it but if you actually follow each step through in real life in your system it soon makes sense. I found the reading difficult but the actual doing relatively simple one I got on with it.

Your basically making one very simple SSDT using the template and then copy and pasting a few terminal commands to make the kext. That’s it. One kext one SSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back