Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Graphics Glitch Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using a DVI monitor and an HDMI monitor on a 530 (no discrete GPU). I was using a series of patches to enable the 530 and to fix the Sierra glitches. With the 10.12.4 update, I removed ALL fixes/patches related to the 530 and have dual monitors working without glitches on Sierra (dual monitors requires only one monitor on during boot/POST).

lordstar did you remove and/or disable ALL fixes/patches?
- rename GFX to IGPU patch: remove/disable
- 4 port patch: remove/disable
- inject intel: uncheck
- ig_platform_id: clear value
- Sierra "glitch" patches: remove/disable
- port/connector patches that assign a specific connector type to specific ports mainly required for dual monitors: remove/disable

I use a SMBIOS (iMac14,2) that does not seem to require the ADGPFix for dual monitors and I have not reapplied it on 10.12.4. I believe this patch is still required for dual monitors on some SMBIOSes (MacPro 6,1; iMac17,x).

Hi aol,

I'm currently thinking in building an Intel based hackintosh machine without a discrete graphics card (I'm thinking of upgrading at some point in the future, especially that now NVidia announced the support for the 1xxx series). I wanted to ask you how well does the system performs with onboard graphics in your v4 build?

The specs I'm about to get are:
- Intel Core i7-6700K (HD 530)
- Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI
- Fenvi FV-T919
- 4x Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (64GB)
- Samsung MZ-75E1T0B/EU 850 EVO 1TB SSD

I myself also want to run this build on two different 16:10 monitors via HDMI and DVI.

Obviously I don't need the system for any games (not at the moment of build) or video renderings, instead I want to use heavily CPU based applications like Xcode, FL-Studio etc.

Can you compare the performance of 530 to a MacBook?

Last edited:
It makes life easier to have a known good bootable config called say config2 in you clover folder. Then if you really mess things up you can simply choose to boot using the config2 file from the clover menu?
Yes, I do have backup like this as well, didn't know I can choose from which file to boot at clover menu.

Hi aol,

I'm currently thinking in building an Intel based hackintosh machine without a discrete graphics card (I'm thinking of upgrading at some point in the future, especially that now NVidia announced the support for the 1xxx series). I wanted to ask you how well does the system performs with onboard graphics in your v4 build?

Can you compare the performance of 530 to a MacBook?
The 530 isn't a great GPU, but as far as I know all the MacBooks use older intel iGPUs so I would think it would be better. My understanding is it's a small step back from it's predecessor the 4xx series, but I would think it would be comparable to slightly better than a MacBook.

I have no specific issues with the 530 (now that the glitches are gone) except the well-reported inability to system sleep, and my seeming inability to display sleep or shutdown cleanly after enabling both monitors (single monitor I have no issues with shutdown or display sleep). I was always in a wait-and-see for the 10xx series, and now that that's allegedly here, I look forward to a system that display sleeps, shuts down cleanly and hopefully system sleeps. We'll see.

You may want to read up on the resolution limitations of the 530, in that, I'm not sure > 1080p is supported _at all_ on the DVI port and may only be enabled on the HDMI port via a patch. I could be totally wrong about that. But you may find higher resolution displays stymied. Personally my monitors are 1080p and I have no issues. And of course the VRAM is taken from general RAM and so that's a small concern if you're doing CPU intensive stuff.

The 530 isn't a great GPU, but as far as I know all the MacBooks use older intel iGPUs so I would think it would be better. My understanding is it's a small step back from it's predecessor the 4xx series, but I would think it would be comparable to slightly better than a MacBook.

I have no specific issues with the 530 (now that the glitches are gone) except the well-reported inability to system sleep, and my seeming inability to display sleep or shutdown cleanly after enabling both monitors (single monitor I have no issues with shutdown or display sleep). I was always in a wait-and-see for the 10xx series, and now that that's allegedly here, I look forward to a system that display sleeps, shuts down cleanly and hopefully system sleeps. We'll see.

You may want to read up on the resolution limitations of the 530, in that, I'm not sure > 1080p is supported _at all_ on the DVI port and may only be enabled on the HDMI port via a patch. I could be totally wrong about that. But you may find higher resolution displays stymied. Personally my monitors are 1080p and I have no issues. And of course the VRAM is taken from general RAM and so that's a small concern if you're doing CPU intensive stuff.

I'm currently running 1x4K@60hz and 2x1080p@60hz off of the HD530 and it works ok (Needs coredisplay.patcher) but I do have a GTX1080 in the system just waiting for drivers.

Reactions: aol
I'm currently running 1x4K@60hz and 2x1080p@60hz off of the HD530 and it works ok (Needs coredisplay.patcher) but I do have a GTX1080 in the system just waiting for drivers.
Thanks canyondust, for posting. Seems the 530 can do more than I gave it credit for. Hey - do you turn on your 2nd/3rd monitor at the desktop? and can you display sleep and shutdown cleanly? I can get dual monitors working by turning on the second at the desktop, but if I do that, I can't shutdown cleanly nor can I display sleep (seemingly crashes the machine). On a single monitor I have no issues.

Thanks canyondust, for posting. Seems the 530 can do more than I gave it credit for. Hey - do you turn on your 2nd/3rd monitor at the desktop? and can you display sleep and shutdown cleanly? I can get dual monitors working by turning on the second at the desktop, but if I do that, I can't shutdown cleanly nor can I display sleep (seemingly crashes the machine). On a single monitor I have no issues.
I've never been able to get sleep to work, even on one monitor. The 4K is driven by hdmi2.0 on the MB and the other two are being driven by two USB3-HDMI displaylink adaptors. :)

I got my sierra Running so far, but my Intel HD 530 is not working correctly.

I used the config.plist from multibeast and didnt change it. I own a ultrawide Dell U3415w, but I only get a signal over hdmi (3440x1440 30hz) though. Any idea how to get my display port working with my setup?

Board: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming

CPU: i5-6500

Help please :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back