Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Graphics Glitch Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that now...but I'm not able to boot into the OS to get there. Is there a method of changing config.plist without booting to the OS?

Boot using your USB. Then fix your broken config.plist on HDD EFI.

Just built a system today (Z170i) w/ HD530 via Displayport to my 34" Ultrawide and I noticed the display blacks out for 2-3 seconds at a time at random intervals (sometimes multiple times a minute, other times nothing for 3-4 minutes)

Is this the same problem or something else?

Just built a system today (Z170i) w/ HD530 via Displayport to my 34" Ultrawide and I noticed the display blacks out for 2-3 seconds at a time at random intervals (sometimes multiple times a minute, other times nothing for 3-4 minutes)

Try to disable displayport 1.2 option on your monitor.

I feel like I've had this problem too. Try upping the video ram allocation (or whatever it's called) in your bios to 256M?

Am I able to run dual monitors from HD530? Currently I have one connected through HDMI and the other one through DVI. But there is no Arrangement tab in Displays preferences and they are showing same desktop, instead of extending it.

I have 10.12.4 macOS.

Am I able to run dual monitors from HD530? Currently I have one connected through HDMI and the other one through DVI. But there is no Arrangement tab in Displays preferences and they are showing same desktop, instead of extending it.

I have 10.12.4 macOS.
I have extended on 10.12.4 on a 530 using HDMI and DVI outputs. You're not the first person I've seen on the forums stuck in mirroring and I have no knowledge to help you specifically, but I do want to point out that even on 10.12.4 I think you need the 4 port patch (the newer version: find 0103030300002002 replace 0103040300002002), and connector type patches to properly set the port type from the default DP (0004 0000) to the right type (0008 0000 for HDMI or 0002 0000 for DVI IIRC). You'll also want to make sure you understand the source of your config.plist if it's not the original clover version, and what changes you or others made to it because it's possible it's not 100% right for your board.

If you figure it out report back.

I have extended on 10.12.4 on a 530 using HDMI and DVI outputs. You're not the first person I've seen on the forums stuck in mirroring and I have no knowledge to help you specifically, but I do want to point out that even on 10.12.4 I think you need the 4 port patch (the newer version: find 0103030300002002 replace 0103040300002002), and connector type patches to properly set the port type from the default DP (0004 0000) to the right type (0008 0000 for HDMI or 0002 0000 for DVI IIRC). You'll also want to make sure you understand the source of your config.plist if it's not the original clover version, and what changes you or others made to it because it's possible it's not 100% right for your board.

If you figure it out report back.
Oh, I was under the impression that with 10.12.4 patches are not needed anymore. I was fiddling with config.plist few times and always fell into boot loop, luckily we can edit config.plist in shell.

Oh, I was under the impression that with 10.12.4 patches are not needed anymore. I was fiddling with config.plist few times and always fell into boot loop, luckily we can edit config.plist in shell.
It makes life easier to have a known good bootable config called say config2 in you clover folder. Then if you really mess things up you can simply choose to boot using the config2 file from the clover menu?

Most boards need the patches. A few users mainly with ASUS boards have reported not needing port patches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back