- GFX to IGPU patch: removed
- 4 port patch: removed
- inject intel: uncheck
- ig_platform_id: Empty
- Sierra "glitch" patches: removed.

Yes. HD530 now natively works without glitch. Now looks like this;

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 21.08.37.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 21.48.33.png

But now we have massive boot glitch on startup. And kext to patch down below does not reduce the severity of boot glitch anymore. Probably this value has been changed. We need the new one.

IMG_1017.jpg

Code:
Comment: Boot graphics glitch, 10.12.dp1 (credit denskop)
Find: <01000075 25>
Replace: <010000eb 25>

Last edited:
Reactions: Twa
FWIW I just tried disabling the glitch patch (leaving GFX0->IGPU enabled) and that results in black screen for me, Z170X-UD5 TH SMBIOS 14,1 using coredisplay patcher (running HDMI2.0 into 4K monitor 60hz)

Mine does this. If I only
Remove the graphics glitch patch it works ok. Removed inject intel and platform id and it worked ok.

Not sure what causes the blank screen.. if it's the GFX0->IGPU patch or the 4 port patch.

I reran ADGP fix as I'm using 17.1 but this made no odds to the blank screen. My system was responsive I could screen share ok.

Sleep not working Just crashes as usual.

Mine does this. If I only
Remove the graphics glitch patch it works ok. Removed inject intel and platform id and it worked ok.

Not sure what causes the blank screen.. if it's the GFX0->IGPU patch or the 4 port patch.

I reran ADGP fix as I'm using 17.1 but this made no odds to the blank screen. My system was responsive I could screen share ok.

Sleep not working Just crashes as usual.

Right mucked about loads.. mine works best as it was with everything left how it was.. sleep is still def no go whatever I've tried including drake settings..

GFX to IGPU patch: removed. ---- this has only effect in IOregexplo
- 4 port patch: removed. --- this breaks the video output as you'd expect
- inject intel: uncheck. ---- this &
- ig_platform_id: Empty. ---- seem to change the Intel graphics to SKL CRB
- Sierra "glitch" patches: removed --- this is fine but mine is better with it still...less little dots top right corner..

weirdly my graphics after the update are now called Intel Graphics 7000 not HD 530 ... boo
Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 20.22.25.png

Right mucked about loads.. mine works best as it was with everything left how it was.. sleep is still def no go whatever I've tried including drake settings..

GFX to IGPU patch: removed. ---- this has only effect in IOregexplo
- 4 port patch: removed. --- this breaks the video output as you'd expect
- inject intel: uncheck. ---- this &
- ig_platform_id: Empty. ---- seem to change the Intel graphics to SKL CRB
- Sierra "glitch" patches: removed --- this is fine but mine is better with it still...less little dots top right corner..

weirdly my graphics after the update are now called Intel Graphics 7000 not HD 530 ... boo View attachment 245150

Yeah that is a clover version thing, the HD530 becoming Intel Graphics 7000.

I tried again tonight by removing all the above patches and disable intel inject, and it still went to black screen. I DO have a GTX1080 installed so maybe i have to do something like NV_Disable just in case it's trying to initialize it? NO idea. All I know is that I get video output WITH the patches, and not without them.

EDIT: My build requires the 4-Port patch. Everything else works removed.

Last edited:
My experience so far with my brand new hackintosh build all points to the 530 glitches being directly related to the DRAM frequency/voltage when enabling the XMP Profile. This is not a hack problem... many, many Windows users have been experiencing the same problems with the 530 iGPU chipsets for a while. I came across a couple posts suspecting the voltage increase being the culprit. In fact, it was on the Intel forums and from a few posts by the Intel admins that I first started to suspect XMP/voltage cause. At first I thought it was related to overclocking, but it was flickering (sometimes badly!) even at rated speeds whenever the CPU would spike and fall.

The frequency and voltage increase that comes from enabling the XMP profile is messing with the iGPU, either from the raw iGPU voltage increase or increased EMI (I'm betting on EMI), and is affecting all motherboards as far as I can tell. The XMP profile for my Corsair Vengeance LPX was 3000MHz/1.35V, but once I manually set the speed/voltage down to 2133MHz/1.2V, all the glitches vanished.

I'm happily overclocked to 4.4GHz, glitch-free and Prime95 is topping out about 77ºC. Both HWMonitor and Intel Power Gadget sees the overclock correctly. Geekbench is 5374/14983, GPU Compute: 20555.

macOS 10.12.4 (clean install)
ASUS Z170M-PLUS
i5 6600K (OC'd to 4.4GHz)
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4
530 iGPU Graphics
HP Pavilion 32 @2560x1440
IOGear Bluetooth GBU521 (works OOB)

Audio works, switches on-the-fly to headphones, etc. -- that said, I use an outboard DAC/interface anyway.
Sleep/wake works.
I have not yet tested USB speeds, nor iCloud, iMessage, etc.

UniBeast 7.0.1
Previous version, not the one that was released today.

Clover UEFI r4045
This was the final puzzle piece to a successful Sierra install.

MultiBeast - Sierra 9.0.1

Audio --> RealTec ALC887/888b
Audio --> 100 Series Audio
Misc --> FakeSMC
Misc --> FakeSMC Plugins
Misc --> FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
Misc --> NullCPUPowerManagement
Network --> IntelMausEthernet v2.2.0
USB --> Increase Max Port Limit
System Definitions --> iMac 17,1
...that's it.​

I ran this on my Sierra INSTALLATION /EFI to get through the install, then again post-installation.

/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist notes...
No graphics injection
I thought I removed the platform-id, but it is currently set to ig-platform-id=0x19120000.
No fix for AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer, or any of the glitch fixes mentioned in this thread.
CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67, which makes the clock patch (below) easier.

About this Mac shows... Graphics: "Intel HD Graphics SKL CRB 1536 MB"

In order to get the HP Pavilion 32" to run at its native 2560 x 1440, I ran the mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2.

so, idiot n00b here.

I added this to my custom.plist (I thought I put it in the right spot but not 100% sure):

<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>AddProperties</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Device</key>
<string>IntelGFX</string>
<key>Key</key>
<string>AAPL,GfxYTile</string>
<key>Value</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
</dict>
</array>
</dict>

and I was rewarded with a reboot loop. boot to apple logo for about 5 seconds and initiates a reboot. -x doesn't do a damn thing. Not sure what to do now!! Any ideas?

Specs:
GA-170XP-SLI
i7-6700K

so, idiot n00b here.

I added this to my custom.plist (I thought I put it in the right spot but not 100% sure):

<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>AddProperties</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Device</key>
<string>IntelGFX</string>
<key>Key</key>
<string>AAPL,GfxYTile</string>
<key>Value</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
</dict>
</array>
</dict>

and I was rewarded with a reboot loop. boot to apple logo for about 5 seconds and initiates a reboot. -x doesn't do a damn thing. Not sure what to do now!! Any ideas?

Specs:
GA-170XP-SLI
i7-6700K

You should use a plist editor and copy/paste.
You probably corrupted your config.plist by editing it with a text editor (too easy to make a mistake, especially if you don't understand XML syntax).

You should use a plist editor and copy/paste.
You probably corrupted your config.plist by editing it with a text editor (too easy to make a mistake, especially if you don't understand XML syntax).

I see that now...but I'm not able to boot into the OS to get there. Is there a method of changing config.plist without booting to the OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back