Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,
I ran into a few issues installing Sierra on my machine. I was using Unibeast (UEFI mode) and the installation ran just fine, no issues whatsoever. Post installation didn't go as well unfortunately. As far as I know, booting into the system is only possible with the -x flag (and removing the nv_disable=1 made the boot faster and without -x, I could at least get further I think than with it).
In the system itself, I am not able to let Multibeast install anything, I always get an "installation failed" prompt. Same thing goes for the Clover installation. Booting it the normal way with dart=0 and nv_disable=1 stops at:
WARNING. IOPlatformPluginutil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU Model 0x3c
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported
ACPI: Dynamic OEM Table Load
ACPI: SSDT 0xblabla 0005AA (v01 PmRef ApIst 00003000 INTL 20120711)

the last two lines I get twice with other numbers though.
I hope you guys are able to help me, thanks in advance.

A little update, as soon as I plugged out my 390x, it booted just fine, no flags needed. Can anyone assist me with the graphics issue? Do I need to inject it, use a kext or anything else?

My knowledge on R9 390X working with MacOS is not good. My recommendation is to post on the following thread.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/radeon-compatibility-guide-ati-amd-graphics-cards.171291/

You should have a look at this thread to see if it helps:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/read-me-first-graphics-setup-troubleshooting.183617/

When asking for assistance give details of your brand (e.g. MSI, Asus) of R9 390X card and supply details on your port layout- number of each type of DVI, DP and HDMI. Ask for assistance in attempting to get your AMD 'Hawaii' card running with macOS. The resident mod is pretty knowledgeable on AMD cards and will offer the best pointers based on the information available. Some cards are problematic so prepare that thought in advance that not every card works.

Good luck. :thumbup:

A little update, as soon as I plugged out my 390x, it booted just fine, no flags needed. Can anyone assist me with the graphics issue? Do I need to inject it, use a kext or anything else?
I have this issue on High Sierra public beta, Sierra went fine on the same hardware. How did you managed to overpass the issue? Upgraded the video card?

Hi,
I ran into a few issues installing Sierra on my machine. I was using Unibeast (UEFI mode) and the installation ran just fine, no issues whatsoever. Post installation didn't go as well unfortunately. As far as I know, booting into the system is only possible with the -x flag (and removing the nv_disable=1 made the boot faster and without -x, I could at least get further I think than with it).
In the system itself, I am not able to let Multibeast install anything, I always get an "installation failed" prompt. Same thing goes for the Clover installation. Booting it the normal way with dart=0 and nv_disable=1 stops at:
WARNING. IOPlatformPluginutil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU Model 0x3c
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported
ACPI: Dynamic OEM Table Load
ACPI: SSDT 0xblabla 0005AA (v01 PmRef ApIst 00003000 INTL 20120711)

the last two lines I get twice with other numbers though.
I hope you guys are able to help me, thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back