Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte h270-n WiFI
CPU
i5 7500
Graphics
Gigabyte gtx 1060 itx 6gb
Hi,
I'm updating from Sierra 12.6.0 to latest High Sierra software from app store following this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/
I'm trying to install it on an samsung 850 evo 250gb drive but it won't get past ~90%.
I have already removed my gtx 1060 6gb bc it wouldn't install with it and I've read it might be the problem.
With the GPU in it, it gets stuck at 90% and with internal graphics the dvi signal disconnects(i5 7500).
This is what I get when booting installer with verbose mode:
Pls help.

EDIT: Got me a succes by updating clover to latest version from website, downloaded the fakeSMC.kext from comment below, remove GPU and other SSD/HDD (use iGPU), in clover boot menu selected Inject intel and used "-disablegfxfirmware" in boot args.
Thanks for help!

Attachments

• IMG_0717.JPG
    IMG_0717.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Hi,
I'm updating from Sierra 12.6.0 to latest High Sierra software from app store following this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/
I'm trying to install it on an samsung 850 evo 250gb drive but it won't get past ~90%.
I have already removed my gtx 1060 6gb bc it wouldn't install with it and I've read it might be the problem.
With the GPU in it, it gets stuck at 90% and with internal graphics the dvi signal disconnects(i5 7500).
This is what I get when booting installer with verbose mode:
Pls help.

• I have uploaded the edited Screen shot to show problem and possible fixes.
  • After you updated Clover EFI bootloader on your existing Sierra 10.12.6, did you check contents of installed CLOVER folder on the EFI Partition of your Sierra System Disk to see if anything has changed drastically in the following sections?
    • config.plist>
      • ACPI section : Any unwanted options selected? Scrutinize and √ or un√ if needed.
    • Rt Variables>CsrActiveConfig> make sure 0x67 is selected
  • You may be able to try these selections in Clover Boot Manager (CBM) screen >Options > and its menu items listed below as a test to see if the error will go away and you can boot to the login screen.

Attachments

• AppleACPICPU kextd error.png
    AppleACPICPU kextd error.png
    2 MB · Views: 232
Thanks, I will try!

• After you updated Clover EFI bootloader on your existing Sierra 10.12.6, did you check contents of installed CLOVER folder on the EFI Partition of your Sierra System Disk to see if anything has changed drastically in the following sections?
    • config.plist>
      • ACPI section : Any unwanted options selected? Scrutinize and √ or un√ if needed.
  • You may be able to try these selections in Clover Boot Manager (CBM) screen >Options > and its menu items listed below as a test to see if the error will go away and you can boot to the login screen.
So I'm getting this error now when trying to install High sierra installer..
My ssd is set to Mac OS Extended (journaled) so I don't know why the message appears.
It gets stuck at 9 minutes remaining and when I press cmd + L for the log I get that error(target not convertable to APFS).
In case of confusion... I changed the HDD name after it got stuck from "macOS Sierra" to "macOS"
EDIT: tried again and it didn't give me the error...

Attachments

• IMG_0719.JPG
    IMG_0719.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 199
Last edited:
    • config.plist>
Installer still gets me a signal disconnect but now when I try to boot from SSD it also gives me no signal after a while and this is what I get with verbose mode for SDD boot:

Attachments

• IMG_0724.jpg
    IMG_0724.jpg
    701.1 KB · Views: 200
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back