Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170XP-SLI
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Intel HD 530
I was able to get almost everything working my new build, except for the Intel HD 530 graphics. Under the Graphics/Displays menu of the System Information, "Display 7 mb VRAM "shows up, but the Intel HD 530 also shows up with the full 1536 mb (check out the pictures). However, when I go to "About This Mac" it says it is using only the Display 7 mb.

How can I make it so that it uses the Intel graphics instead? I followed the directions exactly on the Skylake Intel HD 530 post by using Multibeast for the 530 patch. Also, the 530 graphics only shows up in the menu if I go to Internal Graphics in the BIOS and change it from "Auto" to "Enabled"

I tried the Multibeast patch on both El Capitan and Sierra, but both result in the same thing.

Main Parts:
Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI
CPU: i7-6700K
GPU: Using the integrated Intel HD 530

Attachments

• Display7mb.png
    Display7mb.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 537
  • HD350.png
    HD350.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 520
I was able to get almost everything working my new build, except for the Intel HD 530 graphics. Under the Graphics/Displays menu of the System Information, "Display 7 mb VRAM "shows up, but the Intel HD 530 also shows up with the full 1536 mb (check out the pictures). However, when I go to "About This Mac" it says it is using only the Display 7 mb.

How can I make it so that it uses the Intel graphics instead? I followed the directions exactly on the Skylake Intel HD 530 post by using Multibeast for the 530 patch. Also, the 530 graphics only shows up in the menu if I go to Internal Graphics in the BIOS and change it from "Auto" to "Enabled"

I tried the Multibeast patch on both El Capitan and Sierra, but both result in the same thing.

Main Parts:
Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI
CPU: i7-6700K
GPU: Using the integrated Intel HD 530

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Sorry for the late reply. I created all of the files you requested and attached them as a zip file. Hopefully something can be done to fix this. Thanks!

I also forgot to mention this in the first post, but I have a GTX 1070 in my build as well. I know it's not compatible, but I wanted to use it in Windows. I didn't think this would matter because Sierra still recognized the HD 530.

Attachments

• Hackintosh Files.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply. I created all of the files you requested and attached them as a zip file. Hopefully something can be done to fix this. Thanks!

I also forgot to mention this in the first post, but I have a GTX 1070 in my build as well. I know it's not compatible, but I wanted to use it in Windows. I didn't think this would matter because Sierra still recognized the HD 530.

According to ioreg, Intel graphics are working fine. But there is no display attached to it.
If you actually have a display attached...
Likely poor ig-platform-id choice (0x191b0000 is usually used for mobile).

According to ioreg, Intel graphics are working fine. But there is no display attached to it.
If you actually have a display attached...
Likely poor ig-platform-id choice (0x191b0000 is usually used for mobile).

I tried the id 0x19120000 as well, but it didn't make any difference. I am using a regular monitor for the display. I also checked with several different monitors, but the same problem exists. Are there any other id's to try out?

Also, could it be because the HDMI cable is connected to the GTX 1070 and that the Intel HD for some reason has no access to it? If that is the case, I will try removing the GTX 1070 and connect the HDMI cable directly to the motherboard.

Last edited:
I am using a regular monitor for the display. I also checked with several different monitors,

How is the monitor connected?

Also, could it be because the HDMI cable is connected to the GTX 1070 and that the Intel HD for some reason has no access to it?

If you connected the monitor to a different device, you should not expect it to magically connect to the IGPU.

I'm also very curious about this. Similar configuration, GTX 1070 and HD 530. After patching the security update for El Capitan (2016-003) OSX detects both GFX. GTX 1070 is connected via HDMI and the HD 530 is connected via DP. The reason for the DP connection is my resolution and refreshrate (2560x1440@144Hz) which I was able to patch using this: https://github.com/Floris497/mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2
I guess the current security patch messed with the files that were altered by the IOKIT patch

It's been a while, but everything worked fine after connecting it to the motherboard instead of the Nvidia GPU. New Nvidia drivers also just came out, so it might start working when connected to the Nvidia GPU too now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back