Contribute
Register

Sierra install stuck on Apple Logo Loading Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear @cmn699 you are too kind! Thank you.
I'm reseting the BIOS then. It has a clear CMOS button to do so.
As for the Sierra forgive me for the ignorance, maybe is the installer version, but I got that information from here:

View attachment 258435

I got it at the app store in my mac book pro.

It was my mistake that I did not make it clear in my post that I was asking for MacOSSierra System Version which is different from installer app version which is shown in your uploaded image as 12.2.06 corresponding to macOSSierra 10.12.3 as listed below.
Supported and verified macOS 10.12 installer apps are:https://supportcenter.checkpoint.co..._doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solutionid=sk114213
  • 10.12 (installer app version 12.0.49)
  • 10.12.1 (installer app version 12.0.57)
  • 10.12.2 (installer app version 12.2.03, 12.2.04)
  • 10.12.3 (installer app version 12.2.06)
  • 10.12.4 (installer app version 12.4.06)
  • 10.12.5 (installer app version 12.5.03)
I hope your Clear CMOS has restored the BIOS to default.

It was my mistake that I did not make it clear in my post that I was asking for MacOSSierra System Version which is different from installer app version which is shown in your uploaded image as 12.2.06 corresponding to macOSSierra 10.12.3 as listed below.
Supported and verified macOS 10.12 installer apps are:https://supportcenter.checkpoint.co..._doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solutionid=sk114213
  • 10.12 (installer app version 12.0.49)
  • 10.12.1 (installer app version 12.0.57)
  • 10.12.2 (installer app version 12.2.03, 12.2.04)
  • 10.12.3 (installer app version 12.2.06)
  • 10.12.4 (installer app version 12.4.06)
  • 10.12.5 (installer app version 12.5.03)
I hope your Clear CMOS has restored the BIOS to default.

Thank you for clearing that up for me!
Unfortunately I'm at a dead end since I did the reset on the BIOS but now it doesn't let me in the setup, I just get the Megatrends logo and a message to hit del or F1 but nothing happens. I guess I will try to flash the bios...
Thank you for your concern. I will work on it and report on the developments.

Thank you for clearing that up for me!
Unfortunately I'm at a dead end since I did the reset on the BIOS but now it doesn't let me in the setup, I just get the Megatrends logo and a message to hit del or F1 but nothing happens. I guess I will try to flash the bios...
Thank you for your concern. I will work on it and report on the developments.
The problem is Keyboard (I guess USB) is not active in its current port. Try different ports or swap with USB mouse port to see if you can make Keyboard active.

The problem is Keyboard (I guess USB) is not active in its current port. Try different ports or swap with USB mouse port to see if you can make Keyboard active.

Yes it is a USB keyboard and I tried to swap the port but it doesn't get better.
I was confused, my other board has a clear CMOS button but not this one so I removed the battery and then this happened. It shows the ASUS logo but then goes to that American Megatrends page and tell me to press F1 to run setup but nothing happens. Nevertheless the ctrl+alt+del does reboot so the keyboard is good...

I wanted to reflash the bios so I downloaded the latest bios from their website and loaded it into an empty USB pen and changed the name of the file according to the instruction on the mobo manual.

It's getting worse and worse... I haven't been able to dedicated much time to it but I really feel immensely demotivated right now...

Yes it is a USB keyboard and I tried to swap the port but it doesn't get better.
I was confused, my other board has a clear CMOS button but not this one so I removed the battery and then this happened. It shows the ASUS logo but then goes to that American Megatrends page and tell me to press F1 to run setup but nothing happens. Nevertheless the ctrl+alt+del does reboot so the keyboard is good...

I wanted to reflash the bios so I downloaded the latest bios from their website and loaded it into an empty USB pen and changed the name of the file according to the instruction on the mobo manual.

It's getting worse and worse... I haven't been able to dedicated much time to it but I really feel immensely demotivated right now...

I had a similar problem once but Not on Asus but a Gigabyte board. I was shut out of BIOS. Any number of Del key pressing starting soon after Power On with intermittent tap on Del wouldn't open the BIOS Setup screen for me. I then did the Clear CMOS by shorting Pins and then removing Battery, pulling Power cord off and not reinserting for an hour, but the BIOS screen refused to open. Finally I started to strip my computer off all connected devices and continuing the trial finally with a PS/2 Keyboard. At this time it booted and opened the BIOS Setup. I made some changes I wanted to and shortly thereafter , same problem returned with Del key failing to open the BIOS finally when I pulled off a USB cable from one of the USB headers to the Front USB port, the problem stopped. I then reconnected that cable and the problem returned. Final diagnosis damaged USB header!

This BIOS Entry problem can be very challenging.

I had a similar problem once but Not on Asus but a Gigabyte board. I was shut out of BIOS. Any number of Del key pressing starting soon after Power On with intermittent tap on Del wouldn't open the BIOS Setup screen for me. I then did the Clear CMOS by shorting Pins and then removing Battery, pulling Power cord off and not reinserting for an hour, but the BIOS screen refused to open. Finally I started to strip my computer off all connected devices and continuing the trial finally with a PS/2 Keyboard. At this time it booted and opened the BIOS Setup. I made some changes I wanted to and shortly thereafter , same problem returned with Del key failing to open the BIOS finally when I pulled off a USB cable from one of the USB headers to the Front USB port, the problem stopped. I then reconnected that cable and the problem returned. Final diagnosis damaged USB header!

This BIOS Entry problem can be very challenging.

You are a beacon of light in a hard and dark sea of despair! ;-)
Thank you for the ideas. I will have a go on the dismantling it and try part by part and eventually will start with the USB header.
Hopefully I will be able to despair again with the Sierra installation (who knows wasn't going welll because of these issues)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back