Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good evening,

After just over a year of perfectly-function MacOS (or Mac OS X as it was when I started), my hackintosh bricked itself updating from Sierra 10.12.4 to 10.12.5 (I will get to 10.12.6 later). I updated using the built-in update software downloaded from the Mac App Store and my machine appeared to install the software and reboot as normal. However, once on the Clover selection screen, I selected boot MacOS from my normal boot drive, saw the happy apple logo and loading bar, and then sat there for 20ish minutes with the loading bar stuck at about two-thirds of the way.
No white text displays on the screen so I don't believe it's kernel panic, the loading bar just sticks there until the screen goes black after about 20 minutes with no user-input.

After the second time of this happening, I booted into the recovery HD and copied all my important data onto an external drive. I then wiped the drive and tried to install a fresh copy of MacOS 10.12.5 following the install guide on Tonymacx86.com; to my surprise, the same exact thing happened when I rebooted.

By chance, MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 got released a few days after all of this went down so I downloaded the new installer, fired up Unibeast on my brother's Macbook and made a new install drive. I installed the new version of Sierra on my machine and ran the latest version of Multibeast on my first boot; same exact issue as before.
I then installed sierra by plugging my boot drive into the Macbook and running the installer, then booting to it and running Multibeast. I also tried doing the whole vanilla install thing and, though I did get a different result, it involved black screens after boot and kernel panicking...

It is now that I turn to you, the hackintosh community, for help on this matter. If anyone has seen this problem before and knows a solution, that would be excellent. Alternatively, if any of you can tell me what Multibeast is actually supposed to do when it works properly, that would be great too; I would like to moderate the process and make sure that it has made all the necessary changes to my system for proper function.

My hardware is as follows:
-Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 motherboard
-Intel i7 6700k CPU
-Samsung Evo 850 for my boot drive boot drive (connected via SATA, nothing special)
-Intel 530 graphics from CPU

I know my hardware works because a) I am running MacOS off the installer USB right now and b) I had Linux running on this thing for a few days in the interim.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance for your time!

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Same problem. Worked after initial install and reboot after multi beast. Just installed software onto SSD and rebooted now stuck on splash screen,,

Sounds like you need to replace Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext in /System/Library/Extensions or /Library/Extensions. Download the latest versions from the downloads page. Delete the old versions first and then use Kext Beast to install the updated copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back