Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
When choosing "Shut Down" from the Apple menu, my computer restarts instead. I also tried invoking "shutdown -h now" from the terminal, and I get the same thing (although the screen looks a little different while shutting down).

I am running Mavericks 10.1 on a GA-Z87X-UD5H. I used Multibeast - Mavericks 6.1.0 after install. I have the following kexts installed:
- EvOreboot
- ElliottForceLegacyRTC
- AppleRTC

I also have other kexts installed, but the ones listed above appear to be the only ones related to restart, reset, etc.

Everything else seems to be working fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

When choosing "Shut Down" from the Apple menu, my computer restarts instead. I also tried invoking "shutdown -h now" from the terminal, and I get the same thing (although the screen looks a little different while shutting down).

I am running Mavericks 10.1 on a GA-Z87X-UD5H. I used Multibeast - Mavericks 6.1.0 after install. I have the following kexts installed:
- EvOreboot
- ElliottForceLegacyRTC
- AppleRTC

I also have other kexts installed, but the ones listed above appear to be the only ones related to restart, reset, etc.

Everything else seems to be working fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Maybe try disabling Wake on Lan in the bios.

I had the same problem, and disabling wake-on-LAN, for both NICs, did not help. :( I'll keep looking, there's got to be something else...

Thermie, did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same problem but can't seem to figure it out. I also tried Disable Wake on Lan but that didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back