Contribute
Register

Sangheili- HP Elite 8300 SFF + GTX 1050Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did update to the latest bios system. This is not an Ivy Bridge system, I was refering to the Elite 8300 SFF that I also have. This machine has an i5 2500.

The HP 8200 is Sandy Bridge, HP 8300 is Ivy Bridge. Not a good idea to have mixed configs when running OS X/macOS. For graphics it's a good idea to add a Nvidia 760/650 with iMac 13,2. I5 2500 is Sandy Bridge and doesn't have HD 3000.

Has anyone tried the Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti LP? I can't decide between Gigabyte and MSI... I expect, that MSI version will be louder than Gigabyte, but I am not sure if Gigabyte fits well in to 8300 SFF case???

Last edited:
I have a HP elite 8300 CMT with your exact system config. The graphic card is EVGA GTX 1050 Ti. I tried installing the nvidia drivers tried editing the config.plist but nothing works ! how did you get that working ?

I have a HP elite 8300 CMT with your exact system config. The graphic card is EVGA GTX 1050 Ti. I tried installing the nvidia drivers tried editing the config.plist but nothing works ! how did you get that working ?
I never got it working in the CMT, but that was an 8200. I have it working currently in an 8300 SFF, which is newer than the 8200. I think the 8200 is just too old for it.

I never got it working in the CMT, but that was an 8200. I have it working currently in an 8300 SFF, which is newer than the 8200. I think the 8200 is just too old for it.
I am really new to hackintosh (started today only). I was able to download and install the nvidia driver. But I am not able to increase the resolution from 1280*1024. Also, in system info it shows as GTX 1050ti 5mb. Not sure if they are all related!

Last edited:
I am really new to hackintosh (started today only). I was able to download and install the nvidia driver. But I am not able to increase the resolution from 1280*1024. Also, in system info it shows as GTX 1050ti 5mb. Not sure if they are all related!
Sounds like the card still isn't being detected fully. Also make sure the BIOS is updated. That is essential to getting it to work.

Read through all the steps of this Sierra Desktop Guide. Make sure you've completed each one Step 1-8.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...acos-sierra-i5-3470-gigabyte-gtx-1050.224812/

Thanks a lot that was the perfect guide! Following that fixed all the problems. I was able to get my graphic card running and also the audio works fine (except the noise when connected to external speakers).

The only thing remaining is iMessage. Even after following the Pilgrim's guide, I was not able to get iMessage working. Is there any different guide for 10.12.5 for activating iMessage?

Thanks a lot that was the perfect guide! Following that fixed all the problems. I was able to get my graphic card running and also the audio works fine (except the noise when connected to external speakers).

The only thing remaining is iMessage. Even after following the Pilgrim's guide, I was not able to get iMessage working. Is there any different guide for 10.12.5 for activating iMessage?

Take a look at How to Fix iMessage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back