Contribute
Register

Sangheili- HP Elite 8300 SFF + GTX 1050Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also some cinebench scores
Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 18.41.34.png

There are only three companies that sell a low profile 1050 Ti, Gigabyte, MSI and Zotac. The MSI is the lowest priced AR right now and has dual fans which should help keep it cooler in that small case.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...re=1050_Ti_low_profile-_-14-137-081-_-Product

The newly released Zotac is also a dual fan model and looks well built. Haven't tried that one yet. You'll have to remove the existing bracket and install the LP version that comes with it for any of these three. Then it fits in the 8300 SFF case.

Screen Shot 11.jpg

Last edited:
There are only three companies that sell a low profile 1050 Ti, Gigabyte, MSI and Zotac. The MSI is the lowest priced AR right now and has dual fans which should help keep it cooler in that small case.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...re=1050_Ti_low_profile-_-14-137-081-_-Product

The newly released Zotac is also a dual fan model and looks well built. Haven't tried that one yet. You'll have to remove the existing bracket and install the LP version that comes with it for any of these three. Then it fits in the 8300 SFF case.

View attachment 256721
Yeah I have the MSI one. I didn't even know there were others, must have come out very recently. I see that the Gigabyte one has 4 video outs, which is nice since the MSI only has three.

Yeah I have the MSI one. I didn't even know there were others, must have come out very recently. I see that the Gigabyte one has 4 video outs, which is nice since the MSI only has three.

Yes, the Gigabyte has an extra HDMI 2.0 port if anyone would need that, it's got it. Have you had any issues with fan noise with the MSI version ? Some Newegg reviewers complain about that but maybe they're just whiners and not the fans in it !

Yes, the Gigabyte has an extra HDMI 2.0 port if anyone would need that, it's got it. Have you had any issues with fan noise with the MSI version ? Some Newegg reviewers complain about that but maybe they're just whiners and not the fans in it !
No I haven't had any issues. It's pretty quiet.

I have the Msi LP non ti and think the fans are too noisy. A gt 1030 should arrive Friday and if it works as expected I think the gtx 1050 is going back.

I have the Msi LP non ti and think the fans are too noisy. A gt 1030 should arrive Friday and if it works as expected I think the gtx 1050 is going back.
When is the noise most prominent ? What kinds of things are you doing when it's too noisy ? Do you have the SFF or CMT ?

It is louder the harder it is working, but already at idle it is more noisy than the rest of the computer. It is the only card in the expansion slots so airflow is unobstructed.

It is an HP 8300 SFF. But I guess I'm quite picky when it comes to noise. I find the HP SFF noisy on it's own and have changed the fans to Arctic fans, which has helped a good deal.

I expect the GT 1030 to work, since it is Pascal, but if it doesn't I will keep the GTX 1050. Yes, I can hear the fans at idle but it is not unbearable.

Hey Guys,

I bought an HP Elite 8300 SFF with i3-3220 CPU (which is the same as the i3-3225, but with HD 2500) and GTX 1050 Ti. Should I use 13,1 system definition for Sierra as the Apple iMac "Core i3" 3.3 21.5-Inch (Early 2013) (officially with i3-3225) does?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back