Contribute
Register

Sandy Bridge Builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Question:
What Mobo did you guys use for the SB Hackintosh?

I need to start ordering parts! :thumbup:

PDXgeek said:
tonymacx86 said:
seanmcd72 said:
MUCH thanks to the folks running things here for all their efforts and support!

And if you waited to build and still don't want to go 1155(huh?), get ready for a big 1366 discount. Patience pays off once again! :headbang:

It's great news but if you use your Hackintosh for work you may need to wait for a little longer, to paraphrase tonymac's and macman words ;)

Now a discounted 1366 and relative core i7s would be the prefect scenario...look forward to that

So, where is the new SB special section? :D

aero++ said:
Now a discounted 1366 and relative core i7s would be the prefect scenario...look forward to that

I think any money you might have saved would be gobbled up by the increased power usage. Besides there is little performance advantage of 1366 over 1156 to justify the increased cost of the platform.

Don't fool yourself into believing in false savings.

This is great news! I guess now we need to know what motherboard this was on and how stable the system was still...

That's soo amazing!
I'm waiting for the BIG price-drop.
I'd really like to buy a Core i5 760 for ~180€.
30€ less would be nice!
:wave: assoricks

assoricks said:
That's soo amazing!
I'm waiting for the BIG price-drop.
I'd really like to buy a Core i5 760 for ~180€.
30€ less would be nice!
:wave: assoricks

If you buy the i5 760 the multiplier for that cpu is 10x. So don't buy memory over
1333 (10x 133) because to use 1600, you must OverClock. the 9xx cpus (1366 MB) have
a multiplier of 12x (12x 133) = 1600 so don't require overclocking the cpu. But there is very little performance advantage to 1600 vs. 1333, that is vendor hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back