Contribute
Register

Sandy Bridge Builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using tonymacx86's invaluable tips, I have successfully installed OS X on an ASUS P8P67 EVO with a core i7 2600 with an ASUS EN9500GT graphics card. I am using an extra USB dongle :( Everything works fine BUT the builtin network cards. I have summarized everything, based on tonymacx86's great input, in a blog article available at http://www.glazman.org/weblog/dotclear/ ... Hackintosh.

Hope that helps.

glazou said:
Everything works fine BUT the builtin network cards.

If the built-in networking (Gigabit LAN) is the same as the P8P67 PRO then you can download the AppleIntelE1000e.kext here (click on the fairly obscure 1.2.10-1 link):

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... e=threaded

Once you've placed it (I put it in my System/Library/Extensions folder but that might not be the most optimal place) you should run Kext Utility to fix permissions, etc.

After that you should have networking!

JoshNYC said:
If the built-in networking (Gigabit LAN) is the same as the P8P67 PRO then you can download the AppleIntelE1000e.kext here (click on the fairly obscure 1.2.10-1 link):

It is ! Thanks a zillion for the hint, Josh. Will try as soon as possible and will report back here.

Per your blog post, I'm not sure it's 64-bit... but it works (I can't get SL to recognize 64 bit anyhow). Good luck!

-j

PS - I want to rent your house :eek:

JoshNYC said:
Per your blog post, I'm not sure it's 64-bit... but it works (I can't get SL to recognize 64 bit anyhow). Good luck!

-j

PS - I want to rent your house :eek:
Josh, I love you :lol:
Network now just works fine, as you said! My i7-2600-based hackintosh is now fully functional. Thanks _a zillion_.

Daniel

JoshNYC said:
Josh, do you run SL in 64bits? busratio=29 does not work well for me with 64bits, the mouse and graphics are slower than usual. Any clue?

has anyone been able to get temp software to read cpu temps ?

has anyone tried an ITX Sandybridge setup yet?
I'll hopefully be getting an Asus P8H67-I Deluxe soon, so I'd appreciate if any of you have any info.

If not, I'll be the first to try :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back