Contribute
Register

Sandy Bridge Builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really torn between going Gigabyte or Asus for a Mobo. I'd like to have UEFI(Asus), but the history of Gigabyte board hackintosh-ability is so much better...

I know its just guessing, but what are the odds that by choosing Asus I may ruin my chances to hackintosh the build down the road? How big of a deal?

I am quite excited by these new CPU's - They seem to be good - hopefully they are good with a Hackintosh build :)

I am building a near silent multi monitor hackintosh build.

what I am curious about is
  • Will Apple be using HD Graphics 3000, and if not will it be supported and offer improved performance? If not we shoudl stick with non "K" processors with HDG2000 graphics.[/*:m:3sf978h3]
  • Will I be able to use both integrated integrated HDG and an additional card to run 3 monitors? if not I have to buy a motherboard with two PCIE 16x slots or use a power hungry over powered ATI card[/*:m:3sf978h3]

if integrated HD graphics 2000 and 3000 are suitable for hackintosh builds (which I am 90% sure of) that means the GPU cooling will be handled by the CPU cooler. This is great news for quiet and silent builds as well as people who want to make really small builds.

PDXgeek said:
SB parts are showing up online and can be purchased starting today!

http://www.superbiiz.com/query.php?cate ... a0=LGA1155
the boards have been available at a lot of places for a week or more. That place still doesn't have CPU's like everywhere else.

mistermarkd said:
I am building a near silent multi monitor hackintosh build.

what I am curious about is
  • Will Apple be using HD Graphics 3000, and if not will it be supported and offer improved performance? If not we shoudl stick with non "K" processors with HDG2000 graphics.[/*:m:3sr4doyd]
  • Will I be able to use both integrated integrated HDG and an additional card to run 3 monitors? if not I have to buy a motherboard with two PCIE 16x slots or use a power hungry over powered ATI card[/*:m:3sr4doyd]

if integrated HD graphics 2000 and 3000 are suitable for hackintosh builds (which I am 90% sure of) that means the GPU cooling will be handled by the CPU cooler. This is great news for quiet and silent builds as well as people who want to make really small builds.
Nobody is going to be able to answer these questions for a good while.

PDXgeek said:
Really torn between going Gigabyte or Asus for a Mobo. I'd like to have UEFI(Asus), but the history of Gigabyte board hackintosh-ability is so much better...

I know its just guessing, but what are the odds that by choosing Asus I may ruin my chances to hackintosh the build down the road? How big of a deal?

I'm wondering that too, i've bought a Msi P67A-GD65 with 67$ discount, i wasn't able to resist... :rolleyes:

tonymacx86 said:
seanmcd72 said:

Intel's New Sandy Bridge and Mac OS X
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/01/ ... -os-x.html

:headbang:

AMAZING!!! I was expecting to have to wait.

From what I read you guys are the best. Helped me decide to go on an intel platform instead of AMD X6. I'm happy to be along with the program.

Is this the special section of the forum? If not please link. also I bet a lot of people have open questions about sandy bridge. would it be cool to start a sandy bridge install Q/A thread? as people post questions I can post them to the first post and as they are answered I can link to the answers so people don't have to re ask the same questions.

thanks again

Purchased the Asus P8P67 PRO last night, will order Proc the second it hits the etailers.

tonymacx86 said:
seanmcd72 said:

Intel's New Sandy Bridge and Mac OS X
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/01/ ... -os-x.html

:headbang:

WOOT! I knew it would be fast, but didn't expect it to be THAT fast. Been talking about a SB build for over a month and warning folks they should wait before building 1366 and I kept hearing, "oh, it'll be a while before we can install OSX" and instead SL is installed before launch? This is great news. Granted not a vanilla kernel yet, but who cares, SB Hackintosh is a go and vanilla kernel will follow shortly no doubt. :p

MUCH thanks to the folks running things here for all their efforts and support!

And if you waited to build and still don't want to go 1155(huh?), get ready for a big 1366 discount. Patience pays off once again! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back