Contribute
Register

Safe boot only need help for next step

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not at my Hackintosh right now so I'm trying to do some of this from memory, but I think the 'System' part of the System/Library/Extras/ path should be at the top of your directory on your boot hard drive. If you have a Mac keyboard you can use the keyboard shortcut command+shift+c to get to the 'Computer' window (or if you don't have a Mac keyboard I think you can go to the 'Go' menu and then down to 'Computer'), and if you then double-click on your boot drive you should see folders like 'Applications', 'Users', 'System' and a few others. Also, something I forgot to mention, you might also try repairing permissions while in Safe Mode. That seems to help with a variety of general issues in Mac OS X.

Hi insidiator

I started again for the umteenth time but still trying.

I disconnected my Hitachi hard drive and just had the Samsung SSD. I loaded aaron's plist and his bios settings and came up with the following screen on my boot using -v. This was after downloading and running multi beast and updating from 10.8.3 to 4 any suggestions? 1st boot after new install.JPG

What versions of UniBeast and MultiBeast are you using? I'm not sure what version of UniBeast I used, but I think my MultiBeast is 5.3.0. If the drivers change at all between releases that could account for your difficulty following my and aaron97's suggestions. Also, have you tried re-downloading MultiBeast? I know you said you started over, but if there is a problem with your MultiBeast download and when you start over you use the same download the problem will just keep recurring. Incidentally, do aaron97's BIOS settings differ from the ones I posted of my system?

You might want to try what you suggested earlier (turning off audio in the BIOS) just to see if you can get it to boot stably outside of safe mode.

Hi insidiator

I am using Unibeast 2.0.2 (the latest) and Multibeast 5.4.3. I always get to safe boot after the Unibeast and have the internet so download a new copy of Multibeast and install it. I do not use a pre-saved version of Multibeast. When I did not have the internet I had to use a pre-saved version of Multibeast but now seem to get the internet.
When I start again i download everything new. I partion the USB and reformat and also partion the hard drives so I believe it is all up to date new versions.

As you know I have 2 hard drives and so first I tried the SSD (i disconnected the Hitachi and swapped the SATA cable so it was P0) and used aaron97 plist and your Multibeast except i added the fake something or other. I ran Multibeast and then installed his Chameleon.org. I also installed his BIOS settings that he sent me via email. I had to make sure I changed the vt-d (v-td cant remember the actual name) setting to disable as that was the only thing different I have in my BIOS (this is actually an extra line in the BIOS which is not shown in your pictures).

I could still only get to Safe Boot.

So next I disconnected the SSD and connected the Hitachi used the same unibeast as for the SSD and started again. I did make 2 partitions on the Hitachi one for Apple and 1 for MSDOS. I installed Mountain Lion and rebooted. I entered BIOS and changed the settings so they were the same as yours and booted. I have attached the picture of where I get to. I then reboot with -x -v and enter Safe Boot and am now sending you this from the Safe Boot. I agree it looks like sound is the problem but am not sure what to do. If I disable sound in BIOS do I need to remove the two files in EXTRA?

Thanks again for taking the time on my project.

Insidiator 1st Boot.JPG

I think you will get the best results by either working with aaron97's settings OR mine. The contents of the org.Chameleon.boot.plist file is determined by what you select in MultiBeast. The only reason to manually modify that file is for something like the graphics injection string.

If we're giving you different sets of instructions, it's always possible that might be part of your problem. Also, given that I got my system running using MultiBeast 5.3.1, my BIOS settings and other advice might only work for you if you go back into the archives and download that version of MultiBeast (http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=166). I say this because they seem to change driver names (or even drivers) with each major update, and you may not find in the new version the same drivers (e.g. ethernet) that are highlighted in the screenshots of my MultiBeast settings.

I would get rid of those two audio kexts (HDAEnabler1 and AppleHDA) after running MultiBeast and booting into safe mode until your system is stable. If you can't boot with those drivers turned off, you probably have bigger problems. I guess if you want you can turn the audio off in the BIOS.

I might be coming to the end of my usefulness for you :( Hopefully we'll still manage to get you up and running.

I dont think your usefulness should end. We are getting close i am sure. I am understanding more and more about how Apple works by discussing and learning from you both.

I hav got two hard drives and so have set up one for your system and one for aaron9. I have saved your BIOS and have aaron97's on a usb so easy to change the BIOS. I only use one hard drive at a time. Swapping them to P0.

I was not able to see my hard drive as it was not ticked in preferences but that is sorted now and I found Extra and opened it and found the plist and it was not as I thought so unticked all the boxes and copied your plist and saved it. I then opened it again to see that it was saved properly and noticed that the time out box was ticked so this seems a default.

Anyway I started again and unfortunately it did not boot properly so I took a picture of yours and aarons system and they are remarkably the same things just appearing in different order.

See the attached pictures.

I will try to isolate the sound now and report.

If I ask too many questions or you don't have time I will be patient and answer when you can.

Thanks for everything so far

insidiator exact bios and plist.JPGaaron sfter plist adj.JPG

I will also send to aaron97

Hi insidiator

last gasp stuff, I disabled audio and have got a clean boot, i.e. I can load form the DVD. I suppose I will have to fix the sound sometime but will ask in the Forum.

Thanks for everything.

I will reboot and see what I get but I have a clean boot + the internet.

Hi cwchce

i think i'm in the same situation you are but with a GAZ77D3H + i7 2600 + samsung ssd
just how did you disable audio... want to try that, still stucked in safe boot mode too

tks

Hi cwchce

i think i'm in the same situation you are but with a GAZ77D3H + i7 2600 + samsung ssd
just how did you disable audio... want to try that, still stucked in safe boot mode too

tks

Hi flexxx

In BIOS in Peripherals there is Audi Controller. I disabled that and my system boots fine but no sound.
I have not found a solution to my sound problem and do not have greta experience with changing things in Apple so if you find a solution to sound let me know please.

Hope you get a clean boot after disabling Audio in BIOS

When you say a clean boot do you mean that you can get to the desktop, on your Mountain Lion hard drive, and not in safe mode? If so, congrats! It sounds like you still have a ways to go before you have a fully-functioning system, but hopefully you'll still get there. I wish I could be more helpful, but it's difficult to get into specific little details like this from halfway around the world. Good luck, and make sure when you figure out your problems you add a description in your build post of the symptoms and what you did to fix them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back