Contribute
Register

Reroute Multibeast Boot Screen Through Graphic Card Output?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi gang,
I recently dual booted my hackintosh so I could select windows or Mac at startup. I've been using a small 4:3 monitor to view the boot screen straight from the motherboard (my other two main HD monitors use output from the gpu). I like using the 4:3 as a small "music monitor," but it often has the output frozen after the Mac portion launches (The output freezes on the white apple boot screen with the spinning loading icon beneath it, while the rest of the machine works normally. Weird, I know, but that's what it does.)

SOOOOO, I was wondering if it's possible to redirect the multibeast boot-up screen from the motherboard output to the gpu.

Hopefully, that all makes sense.

Hi gang,
I recently dual booted my hackintosh so I could select windows or Mac at startup. I've been using a small 4:3 monitor to view the boot screen straight from the motherboard (my other two main HD monitors use output from the gpu). I like using the 4:3 as a small "music monitor," but it often has the output frozen after the Mac portion launches (The output freezes on the white apple boot screen with the spinning loading icon beneath it, while the rest of the machine works normally. Weird, I know, but that's what it does.)

SOOOOO, I was wondering if it's possible to redirect the multibeast boot-up screen from the motherboard output to the gpu.

Hopefully, that all makes sense.

I believe you need to go into the BIOS and set the graphics card as primary instead of the internal graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back