Contribute
Register

Request expert to help for Upgrade to Monterey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can take a look at my config.plist
Hope anyone can help me.
No problem looking at your latest config.plist, but your problem might be outside of that, i.e. in your other OC files. That's why I suggested you upload your entire EFI folder.
I noted you changed all that I suggested in your latest config.plist. I can no longer see anything there that should affect using your RX 580, but I might have missed something. That is why I would like to see your entire EFI folder. A couple of your ACPI files (EFI/OC/ACPI folder contents) look out-of-date with respect to the latest OpenCore release, and there might be something wrong with your kext files in EFI/OC/Kexts. Also, I think having no USBPorts.kext or USBMap.kext probably keeps you from using Big Sur. Your computer might work in Mojave, though.

Last edited:
@SPSandman
Hi, Can you please help to get my Sapphire Pulse RX580 graphic card work on Big Sur?
I have succeeded install the latest Big Sur macOS.
Everything is working fine, just the sleep is not perfect fucntion, And off cause my GPU.

How you get your Graphic card native support for the macOS Monterey?
Can help me?

My MOBO LIST:
Gigabyte Z170XP-SLi
Intel i5 (Skylake)
Sapphire Pulse RX 580 (AMD, 8GB)
Samsung SSD
HyperX DDR4 2666 32GB

MY macOS:
Version 11.7.4
iMac17.1
Graphics only Display 7MB (*This suppose is Radeon RX580)

My Lilu.kext is 1.6.3 and WhateverGreen.kext is 1.6.4 in the EFI Mounted.
That's all I have done, what else???

Hope the above information will do.
I have attached my config.plit and some screenshorts, also wish to get more clear.
*If you found the mistake and make some changes, please inform me where you have changed and done.
So I can keep it for next reinstall OS.

Wish to hear from you soon. Many Thanks !
I didn't do anything special for the video card actually. I just used the main opencore documentation page and had some questions on here to mainly get my USB squared away once I was able to get it booted at all.

You can look through the thread I made for the monterey install and new to OC thread I made last year.

Also, if you haven't I would read the dortania github OpenCore guide thoroughly to better understand. I have a little newer motherboard so not sure if that is the difference, but the docs cover older boards as well.

Also, as mentioned it would be a great help for those trying to get you what you need to post your EFI folder as that is what I did and went back and forth with several folks on what I needed.

No problem looking at your latest config.plist, but your problem might be outside of that, i.e. in your other OC files. That's why I suggested you upload your entire EFI folder.
I noted you changed all that I suggested in your latest config.plist. I can no longer see anything there that should affect using your RX 580, but I might have missed something. That is why I would like to see your entire EFI folder. A couple of your ACPI files (EFI/OC/ACPI folder contents) look out-of-date with respect to the latest OpenCore release, and there might be something wrong with your kext files in EFI/OC/Kexts. Also, I think having no USBPorts.kext or USBMap.kext probably keeps you from using Big Sur. Your computer might work in Mojave, though.
@wstrohm
Thanks for your time for looking at my config.plist.
Hope the whole EFI folder will give you more easier.

What is NOT working:
My Graphic Display only allow 7MB
(*This RX580 not working)

Sleep (*Not working properly, after turn sleep, the PC is still on)

Last edited:
Have a look at this config.plist to see the Device Properties section.

If you end up using it make sure to generate new serials and SmUUID when your install is complete.
@trs96
What is this EFI ?
For Big Sur or For Catalina?

By the way, I want to get a new monitor.
Dell 27" (Resolution: QHD 2560 x 1440 @ 75Hz)
But it is NOT 2K or 4K monitor.

The GPU can support up to QHD 2560 x 1440?
Thanks.

Last edited:
What is this EFI ?
For Big Sur or For Catalina?
It's only the config.plist. Shows you how to spoof the device-id for your 580. Can be used with Big Sur or Catalina.

Are the above GPUs can support up to QHD 2560 x 1440 - 27" LED Monitor?
Please advice some tips and thanks.

My Sapphire Pulse RX580 supports a 27" 144Hz 1920x1080 DP and a 42" 60Hz 3840x2160 HDMI monitors. You should be fine!.

It's only the config.plist. Shows you how to spoof the device-id for your 580. Can be used with Big Sur or Catalina.
@trs96
I replace your config.plist ?

Last edited:
Should I replace your config.plist in my EFI folder?
Yes, give it a try and see if you get graphics acceleration.

My Sapphire Pulse RX580 supports a 27" 144Hz 1920x1080 DP and a 42" 60Hz 3840x2160 HDMI monitors. You should be fine!.
@craighazan
Your RX580 support up to 42" @ 60Hz its resolution 3840 x 2160?
I am currently using 1080p with 750Ti.

So, confirm is able to use for QHD monitor for my 2 GPU?
Just to Make sure my 2 graphic cards are fully support and compatible use for QHD 2560 x 1440p.
Wish not to waste money.

So need your all advice. Please let me know if someone has using QHD 2560 x 1440 for 750Ti and RX580.

Last edited:
Yes, give it a try and see if you get graphics acceleration.
@trs96
Really. Serious.
I really gonna replace your config.plist into my Big Sur now.

Wish myself a luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back