Contribute
Register

Request expert to help for Upgrade to Monterey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could not see any a small switch on the graphic card or even on the cover surface and really have no idea what is that.
My GPU is Sapphire Pulse RX580 with 8GB. It’s AMD.
Is it similar with yours?
What is your?
Mine is Sapphire AMD RX 580 Nitro Plus. Its switch is showing in a cutout on the "inside" surface (side away from fans) of the cover at the top rear of the module. It can be moved using a ballpoint pen or other small object. Maybe the "Nitro plus" is different from the Pulse, I don't know.
Pilgrim's photo in post #55 above is correct.

Last edited:
kenwsf,

Looked at your config.plist posted above. My comments follow:
1. In Booter/Quirks, you have RebuildAppleMemoryMap Value YES; that should be NO according to both the OpenCore Skylake Guide and my working Skylake computer.
2. In DeviceProperties/Add/PciRoot(0x0/Pci(0x2,0x0)/AAPL,ig-platform-id Value, you have 00001219. It should be 01001219 to run your RX 580. Also you do not need the two frame buffer-patch-xxx items below. You should delete them.
3. In Kernel/Add, the Lilu item which is at item 1 should be moved to item 0 because it needs to be above IntelMausi.kext as well as above all the others.
4. In Kernel/Quirks, you have AppleCpuPmCFGLock Value YES. That should be NO according to both the OpenCore Guide and my working Skylake computer.
4a. For DisableIoMapper, you have value YES. This should be NO if you have already disabled Vt-d in your BIOS, otherwise it should be YES as you have it.
4b. For DisableRtcChecksum, you have Value YES. It should be NO unless you "either receive BIOS reset or are sent into Safe mode after reboot/shutdown" per OpenCore Skylake Guide (my computer uses NO).
4c. You have XhciPortLimit Value YES. It may work for you, but it's better to have a USBPorts.kext in your EFI/OC/Kexts folder enabled in config/Kernel/Add, and have this set to NO.
5. In Misc/Security You have SecureBootModel Value set to Disabled. I use Default, but you can probably use either one.
6. In PlatformInfo, I do not have a "Memory" subsection. Do you need that, and where did it come from?
7. In UEFI/Drivers, you have OpenCanopy.efi enabled, but the necessary setup in Misc/Boot does not match.
If you want to use OpenCanopy, you need to change:
a. Misc/Boot/PickerAttributes Value from 1 to 17
b. Misc/Boot/PickerMode Value from Builtin to External
8. In UEFI/ProtocolOverrides, you have FirmwareVolume Value NO; that should be YES. This is important!

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Mine is Sapphire AMD RX 580 Nitro Plus. Its switch is showing in a cutout on the "inside" surface (side away from fans) of the cover at the top rear of the module. It can be moved using a ballpoint pen or other small object. Maybe the "Nitro plus" is different from the Pulse, I don't know.
Pilgrim's photo in post #55 above is correct.
@wstrohm
Mine is Radeon RX580.
I have been looking around the card. There is NO switch button or any little small button for dual bios.
Most result showed that RX580 is for macOS.

Now my installation is succeeded, macOS Big Sur is working good.
I just need to make my RX580 work good.

Last edited:
you will have to upload your new config.plist, try all your ports on your video card, make sure not to use an adaptor
@Feartech
I don't know what's wrong with my config.plist.
I tried all HDML ports.

Mostly the config.plist encounter an issue and this make my GPU not loaded properly?
Or What?

Last edited:
kenwsf,

Looked at your config.plist posted above. My comments follow:
1. In Booter/Quirks, you have RebuildAppleMemoryMap Value YES; that should be NO according to both the OpenCore Skylake Guide and my working Skylake computer.
2. In DeviceProperties/Add/PciRoot(0x0/Pci(0x2,0x0)/AAPL,ig-platform-id Value, you have 00001219. It should be 01001219 to run your RX 580. Also you do not need the two frame buffer-patch-xxx items below. You should delete them.
3. In Kernel/Add, the Lilu item which is at item 1 should be moved to item 0 because it needs to be above IntelMausi.kext as well as above all the others.
4. In Kernel/Quirks, you have AppleCpuPmCFGLock Value YES. That should be NO according to both the OpenCore Guide and my working Skylake computer.
4a. For DisableIoMapper, you have value YES. This should be NO if you have already disabled Vt-d in your BIOS, otherwise it should be YES as you have it.
4b. For DisableRtcChecksum, you have Value YES. It should be NO unless you "either receive BIOS reset or are sent into Safe mode after reboot/shutdown" per OpenCore Skylake Guide (my computer uses NO).
4c. You have XhciPortLimit Value YES. It may work for you, but it's better to have a USBPorts.kext in your EFI/OC/Kexts folder enabled in config/Kernel/Add, and have this set to NO.
5. In Misc/Security You have SecureBootModel Value set to Disabled. I use Default, but you can probably use either one.
6. In PlatformInfo, I do not have a "Memory" subsection. Do you need that, and where did it come from?
7. In UEFI/Drivers, you have OpenCanopy.efi enabled, but the necessary setup in Misc/Boot does not match.
If you want to use OpenCanopy, you need to change:
a. Misc/Boot/PickerAttributes Value from 1 to 17
b. Misc/Boot/PickerMode Value from Builtin to External
8. In UEFI/ProtocolOverrides, you have FirmwareVolume Value NO; that should be YES. This is important!

Good Luck!
@wstrohm
I'd like to say thanks for your time for my config.plist.
I am first time using OpenCore.

I will try all the above you written. Hopefully it works.
If not, can I come back to you?

Last edited:
Your graphics card is the Sapphire, rx580 2048sp. This card doesn’t use the correct device ID for an RX580. It is using 0x6FDF, when the device ID for a standard RX580 is 0x67DF.

Using a Fake device-id would possibly fix this issue, as the current device ID won’t enable the necessary AMD kexts to load.

Your graphics card is the Sapphire, rx580 2048sp. This card doesn’t use the correct device ID for an RX580. It is using 0x6FDF, when the device ID for a standard RX580 is 0x67DF.

Using a Fake device-id would possibly fix this issue, as the current device ID won’t enable the necessary AMD kexts to load.

I think I remember this from a couple of years back. This was a "limited" version of the 580, possibly a 570 under the skin, souped-up.

Weren't the Asus cheaper "Arez" line of cards doing the same thing too?

Using a Fake device-id would possibly fix this issue
I know that kenwsf is going to ask "how do I do this ?" so if anyone wants to demonstrate the config.plist edit ....

First step is to download and open up Hackintool. Under the PCIe tab. Look for your AMD GPU. Copy the Device Path by right clicking on it and then selecting copy.

Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 10.23.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 10.27.43 AM.png

You'll also need the AAPL,slot-name:
Open Hackintool click on PCIe at the top than click Export at bottom this will put 4 files on desktop you need to open the file called pcidevices.plist in PlistEdit Pro or other editor this will show you all the Device Paths.

Add that to the Device Properties section of the config.plist. Use Plist edit pro to edit. Also add the fake Device-ID as well.

Last edited:
I know that kenwsf is going to ask "how do I do this ?" so if anyone wants to demonstrate the config.plist edit ....

First step is to download and open up Hackintool. Under the PCIe tab. Look for your AMD GPU. Copy the Device Path by right clicking on it and then selecting copy.

View attachment 563703

View attachment 563704

Add that to the Device Properties section of the config.plist. Use Plist edit pro to edit. Also add the fake Device-ID as well.
@trs96
Ya. you are right.
I am really first time to try OpenCore, so I really have no idea what is correct and what is incorrect.
As macOS installation changed, totally different from previous.
I will try. Thanks.

Last edited:

@Edhawk
You mean that I have to use non-standard Radeon RX580 card?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back