Contribute
Register

Request expert to help for Upgrade to Monterey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish myself a luck. Wish RX580 works perfectly.
Screen Shot 6.jpg

Have a look at this config.plist to see the Device Properties section.

If you end up using it make sure to generate new serials and SmUUID when your install is complete.
@trs96
I tried yours EFI
Its still no luck. :( The display still in 7MB.
The kext is not loaded.

I have tried do some changes in Bios. :banghead:
My GPU still not working.
Thanks.

Last edited:
@kenwsf,
Took a screenshot of my Graphics/Display on my "Mini-ITX 4" (listed below) computer, which has my RX 580 Nitro Plus graphics card. Interesting that my "device ID" is different than yours. Don't know why.
RX 580 Nitro Plus.jpg

Interesting that my "device ID" is different than yours. Don't know why.
Probably because yours is a "true" 580 and ken's isn't. That's why it doesn't work OOB.

@trs96: Thanks for that info.
@kenwsf: Looked at your current EFI folder. Comments follow.
EFI/OC
1. The filenames in your ACPI folder are different from mine. I have SSDT-EC-USBX.aml and SSDT-PLUG.aml. Maybe that doesn't matter.
2. In your Kexts folder:
2a. You have both AppleALC.kext and AppleALCU.kext. I have only AppleALC.kext. (Audio support)
2b. You have AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext. But the Gigabyte website for your motherboard states your LAN is an Intel device, which should be supported by IntelMausi.kext, which you also have in this folder.
2c. I do not have HS80211Family.kext in my Kexts folder and do not know what that is.
2d. You have a RealtekRTL8111.kext which I do not have. See 2b. above.
2e. You have USBInjectAll.kext. This is a no-no for Big Sur; not allowed. It can be used in Catalina, but should only be here temporarily, as part of creating a USBPorts.kext that contains 15 or less USB ports.
2f. You have VoodooPS2Controller.kext, which I do not have. Why is this here? Do you run Windows? ????

Be sure if you change or delete anything in 2. above, that you make the appropriate changes in your config.plist.

3. In your Resources/Audio folder, you have OCEFIAudio_VoiceOver_Boot.wav, my Audio folder is blank. Do you use that audio file?

That's all I could see. Good Luck!

Your graphics card is the Sapphire, rx580 2048sp. This card doesn’t use the correct device ID for an RX580. It is using 0x6FDF, when the device ID for a standard RX580 is 0x67DF.
This is the primary issue.

That's all I could see.
Anything else is secondary.

Patch the device ID in config.plist or flash the card BIOS to that of a supported model.

Last edited:
More in config.plist:
4. In Booter/Quirks/SyncRuntimePermissions you have Value YES; OpenCore Guide (and my working Skylake "Mini-ITX 2" (below) have Value NO.
5. In DeviceProperties/Add you have PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0). That should be changed to PciRoot(0x0)Pci(0x2,0x0). Important!
6. In Kernel/Quirks/XhciPortLimit Value is YES; in Big Sur and later this must be NO.
7. Once again, in Platforminfo you have a Memory subsection which I do not have in my Skylake config.plist. This seems to be a consequence of using OpenCore's "SampleCustom.plist" instead of "Sample.plist." I have no idea what the effect of this is.

"Your graphics card is the Sapphire, rx580 2048sp. This card doesn’t use the correct device ID for an RX580. It is using 0x6FDF, when the device ID for a standard RX580 is 0x67DF."
"This is the primary issue."

So... can that be fixed by entering a new line item in DeviceProperties in kenwsf's config.plist? And if so, what would that look like?

So... can that be fixed by entering a new line item in DeviceProperties in kenwsf's config.plist? And if so, what would that look like?
I have never needed to do this in OpenCore and have no interest in researching it for anyone that can do that for themselves. It was a simple matter in Clover using Fake ID.

Suggest OP searches the forum for '0x6FDF' , it is an issue that has been raised several times previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back