GTX 650Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
UPDATE: I have seen a lot of posts where people are interested in removing UEFI boot entries, but my question is about the boot entries that show up on the Clover boot screen not the entries that show up in my motherboard's UEFI boot options.

I have a small problem that I've been putting up with for a long time now, but I need some help fixing.

Since I have a fully working UEFI Clover based system, I installed macOS Sierra from the App store as recommended on this site. Installation went just as planned, the computer rebooted, a new Clover entry was created automatically labeled something like "Boot macOS Install from macOS." The installation finished, but when the computer rebooted, the Clover entry was still there.

The installation medium is of course a disk image on my drive, not a real partition.

How do I remove this Clover entry?

On a related note, how does this entry get added? I think it would be awesome to have clover boot directly to a disk image I choose.

UPDATE: I have seen a lot of posts where people are interested in removing UEFI boot entries, but my question is about the boot entries that show up on the Clover boot screen not the entries that show up in my motherboard's UEFI boot options.

I have a small problem that I've been putting up with for a long time now, but I need some help fixing.

Since I have a fully working UEFI Clover based system, I installed macOS Sierra from the App store as recommended on this site. Installation went just as planned, the computer rebooted, a new Clover entry was created automatically labeled something like "Boot macOS Install from macOS." The installation finished, but when the computer rebooted, the Clover entry was still there.

The installation medium is of course a disk image on my drive, not a real partition.

How do I remove this Clover entry?

On a related note, how does this entry get added? I think it would be awesome to have clover boot directly to a disk image I choose.

Jeff,

It's a shame no one attempted to answer your question because your question is very relevant. I didn't have this problem until I upgraded Clover to r4035 prior to installing the macOS 10.12.4 update. Now I have exactly that same issue as you do with no solution: for each physical drive I have a corresponding "Boot macOS Install" from that physical drive. I have three physical drives (two HDD, one SSD) and all now show this entry. As a result I cannot set any of my drives as the default boot drive to automatically boot from because doing so starts the macOS install process rather than booting the OS.

Sooo, all you Clover geniuses out there, what's happening and why can't we remove these entries???

Tom

I had the same problem.
I think it 's more a MacOS problem, not a Clover problem.

I removed the hidden Folder .IABootFiles of my Boot drive and the "Install Boot Entry" was gone.

You can use the ShowAllFIles program to make the hidden folder visible.

I hope this helps.

Regards Costas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back