Contribute
Register

Recording Studio 2.0: Core i7 3770K | GA-Z77X-UP5 TH | 32GB | HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad I found this thread, such a wealth of information here. Thanks for all the info, BoomR!

I plan on running PT11 with my Digi 003 rack (FW). I will use my existing 1000 Watt PSU and 7200RPM spinning disc HDD's to write to, and 1 SSD for the OS and 1 SSD for the program files.

I'm concerned that a new mobo will have a different bios version from the settings BoomR lays out so well in this thread, which will affect the compatibility/functionality. I am looking for build a machine that has no bugs or errors of any kind. I don't mind putting in time and tweaking, but I don't ever want to get to a point where there is some kind of bug, graphics or otherwise, that I am forced to "live with".

I would really love to hear from anyone who has built a hackintosh for running Pro Tools with recent components.

Thanks in advance guys!

Best,

James

I understand your concern, as my hardware is now an antique LOL :mrgreen: Seriously, though... I think you'll be just fine if you're using components that are on the Tonymacx86.com Buyer's Guide, and follow all the basic build instructions (including things like optical drives, etc). Just because you're doing a different chipset (which has somewhat different UI & features on the BIOS) doesn't mean that you'll need to be super-worried about compatibility.

Basically if you see people with that hardware posting successful builds, you can feel pretty confident that you will also have a successful build (provided that you follow instructions to a T, and leverage the instructions posted by others who have their builds up & running rock-solid).

Don't forget to check the thread on how to turn your build into an audio workstation build - I think it's a "sticky" in the Music forum!

Cheers!
--B

Hey can you help me a Z77 Gigabyte finished 10.8 to 10.14 .I forget what kexts I have and boot arguments I had to use. I want to find the files associated with that information. Then I can try a fresh install.

Wish I could help - haven't had that hardware setup for a few years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back