Contribute
Register

Realtek ALC 892 No sound after sleep [10.9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought 10.9.3+MB 6.2.1 was fine, but yesterday I got the issue (I rarely use sleep).
If it happens again, I will go back to MB 6.1.0.

What about VoodooHDA? any experiences?
How about simply disconnecting Front Audio panel plug from MB?

Audio is not gone anywhere after sleep, Realtek Audio ALCXXX goes crazy and switch the output as it thinks something is connected to the front panel. I noticed, sound disappears at some point after wake, it is not like it is gone right after sleep. It is the same issue discussed as "detection issue". In our case, it does not happens as often, but it is the same issue.

I disconnected front panel from MB and "BAM!!!!", the issue is gone.

And what do you know! The "pop" is gone too.

Got to hate that f@@@ Front Audio ports...

I'm on 10.9.3 with clover patched ALC892. Same issue: No sound after sleep. Could install MultiBeast drivers but would prefer to stay on the clover install.

Thanks Liquid_Clock! Problem solved for me! Really appreciate the post.

Adam

Hey guys! There are two different Issues... Losing audio after sleep seems to be a problem with Multibeast 6.2.1 as the good people before me have already correctly concluded... Solution, like they said, is to eliminate all traces of 6.2.1 (or maybe just its audio kexts if youd like to keep the other upgrades) and then use the audio kexts from Multibeast 6.1.0... In my case I reformated and just went with MB 6.1.0 entirely. Nobodynose, I'm guessint your problem is that youre probably just running MB 6.1.0 and expecting it to overwrite MB 6.2.1... I think you have to manually delete the audio kexts that 6.2.1 installed FIRST or just do like I did and reformat and just use MB 6.1.0 from the beginning.

This is a different issue!!! The audio starts getting "garbled" and gives like a "lo-fi" "lo bit" sound with distortion and then eventually silences completely... It happened to me for the first time when I was listening to music really loud and I thought I had blown my speakers hahaha... But to my surprise the audio came back 100% clear after a restart or even a sleep and waking back up ( I didn't lose it after sleep because when this happened I was still using MB 6.1.0 hahaha so I didn't have ISSUE #1 yet)

I searched online and found people complaining about this problem on apple.com... (Basically non hackintoshers) It looks like its the system itself!!! I realized it happened to me shortly after upgrading to 10.9.2... So my solution was to go back to 10.9.1!!!

So in conclusion...
Issue #1 If you're losing audio after sleep... Downgrade (CORRECTLY! as in find out how to delete 6.2.1 completely) and then go back to Multibeast 6.1.0.

Issue #2 If your sound card/audio crashes very randomly WHILE you're using the computer... Sound gets garbled and distorted and then cuts out.... Downgrade from 10.9.2 to 10.9.1.

Hope this helps guys!

Thank you all.

Using MB 6.1 for my 898 audio fixed the "no audio after sleep" issue.

Similar for me - installing Audio without DSDT using MultiBeast 6.1 for my GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 (rev. 1.3) - that's with 899 - solved my no-audio after sleep problems.

Thanks for the hints!

Rudolf

The point is that MB 6.3 should have fixed the issue, so why is it still there? I also have the issue with MB 6.3, while 6,1 was fine. However I am now concerned about installing again 6.1, since in MB 6.3 some changes about HDAEnabler and the boot options were applied.
I use the reset audio script when it happens, but stil...

I'm having the same issues with my GA-Z68MX-UD2H ALC889. Oddly enough, I didn't have the problem with 10.9.2, but instead it started with 10.9.3.

I don't have a lot to add other than it's affecting other boards and codecs as well. I ran the latest MultiBeast, which as mentioned has not fixed the problem. In the meantime I've just been shutting my Hack down instead of putting it to sleep.

Does 6.3.0 fix the issue or should we keep 6.1.0? Using GA-H61M-D2-B3 (sandy bridge G860 cpu) povomac + DSDT..

ALC 892 + 10-9-3 + MB6.3, also having problems with audio from sleep. I don't understand why wasn't it solved with MB 6.3....

Any ideas about resolving this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back