Contribute
Register

Realtek ALC 892 No sound after sleep [10.9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i installed yesterday the 10.9.2 update. I installed again the ALC 892 DSTD-free from multibeast but now, everytime when my computer sleeps, the audio isn't working when waking up. My motherboard isZ87X-D3H.

Thanks!
Thanks for sharing! This little script solved my problem, useful after sleep :)

Just an update. Here are the things I did since my last clone restore after a kernel panic.

Install MB 6.1 Audio (only)
Repaired permissions
o_O Disabled Clone drive in BIOS
Rebooted

Been stable for a solid week now. No cut outs, static or no sound after sleep.

New symptom though, the system sometimes fails to sleep, it would seem that it would going to sleep but it kicks back on right away and gets stuck with a black screen. Sometimes when I tell Mavericks to shut the computer down, it would seem like it turned off and then it would turn back on by itself.

Something funky with the bios most likely:crazy:

Same motherboard, audio works after waking up but causes issues with sleep. If i let the computer sleep on its own it still stays on, If i sleep it manually it'll kick back on by itself

Installing the Multibeast 6.1 Realtek drivers solved this for me too (on a Gigaybte GA-H87-D3H motherboard which has a ALC892 audio codec):

Driver > Audio > Without DSDT > ALC892

Hope this helps!

Installing the ALC892 driver from Multibeast 6.1 did the trick for me.

Hey there, I tried installing the older version of MultiBeast (6.1) and installed the audio drivers.
I tried sleep/waking my computer after that but it still didn't work.

I wanted to ask you how you got rid of the audio drivers originally installed by MultiBeast v6.2 in order for the drivers installed by v6.1 to take effect.

glad i found this. will try 6.1 audio tonight.

I had previously found the post on apple discussion forums but that script only worked a hand full of times before it would give an error.

Someone mentioned "completely uninstalling" the audio kexts from 10.9.2 before installing the ones from 10.9.1.
Why and how? Can I just run the Multibeast 10.9.1 and then having it replace the kexts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back