Contribute
Register

Razer Stealth 12.5" i7-7500U KabyLake 4K

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should try injecting EDID (easy with config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Inject=true).

The HDMI audio guide is linked from the FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
I have tried Injecting EDID, couldn't fix the problem. By the way I also disabled the 2 HDMI patch and HDMI port still work, but as my reboot internal display is blank and external display is shown as DisplayPort and does have sound, but cannot adjust the volume bar.
Here is my files. Please help.

Attachments

• debug_32683.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 97
I have tried Injecting EDID, couldn't fix the problem. By the way I also disabled the 2 HDMI patch and HDMI port still work, but as my reboot internal display is blank and external display is shown as DisplayPort and does have sound, but cannot adjust the volume bar.
Here is my files. Please help.

No sign of LiluFriend... previously suggested. Please investigate suggestions before asking for additional help.

Also, you should try other ig-platform-id values... (perhaps 0x591b0000).

Also, you did not implement backlight control correctly.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

No sign of LiluFriend... previously suggested. Please investigate suggestions before asking for additional help.

Also, you should try other ig-platform-id values... (perhaps 0x591b0000).

Also, you did not implement backlight control correctly.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/
I have not come across LiluFriend, can you please show me a guide to implement it? (since you said it should be customized too)

For ig-platform-id, by default in your pre-configured config.plist it was 0x591b0000, but with that when I plug in HDMI it doesn't work (no reboot) and when I unplug it instant reboot. So I changed to the current id and it work. Should I keep it that way or keep changing it and if yes, what are the possible id(s) for HD 620 besides 5916000, 5916009 and 5918002 as Clover Configurator suggest?
Thank you

I have not come across LiluFriend, can you please show me a guide to implement it? (since you said it should be customized too)

Google can help you find things.
Perhaps you've heard of it...

For ig-platform-id, by default in your pre-configured config.plist it was 0x591b0000, but with that when I plug in HDMI it doesn't work (no reboot) and when I unplug it instant reboot.

You may need to add the 0306 port for HDMI to work.
Look at the KextsToPatch section.

So I changed to the current id and it work.

Changed what to what?
And what works?

Google can help you find things.
Perhaps you've heard of it...
I did, just nothing much related to my case show up, but ok, my bad then.
You may need to add the 0306 port for HDMI to work.
Look at the KextsToPatch section.
I have tried that too, on 0x591b0000 with patch when booting with HDMI plugged only external display works and auto restart after a while
Y
Changed what to what?
And what works?
I changed to 0x59160000, and HDMI works without any patch when hotplug, and when I boot with HDMI plugged only external display shows up, but no restart. Besides, I don't have the freeze at hangs anymore as I had before when I am on this id, I can even run kextcache and restart, it still loads.

I did, just nothing much related to my case show up, but ok, my bad then.

You need to read the LiluFriend README, edit the Info.plist as required, and install the resulting kext.

I have tried that too, on 0x591b0000 with patch when booting with HDMI plugged only external display works and auto restart after a while

No comments possible without PR files that represent this attempt.
Note: Generally, you will need to hotplug HDMI...
Keep in mind that Clover can only patch a kext that is in kernel cache (WhateverGreen can patch even if kext is not in cache).

I changed to 0x59160000, and HDMI works without any patch when hotplug, and when I boot with HDMI plugged only external display shows up, but no restart. Besides, I don't have the freeze at hangs anymore as I had before when I am on this id, I can even run kextcache and restart, it still loads.

0x59160000 has 0105/0204 ports.
0x591b0000 has 0204/0306 ports.

Since the port that 0x591b0000 does not have that 0x59160000, I suspect your HDMI is attached to 0105.

To use 0x591b0000, you must patch it such that it has the 0105 port (there are various ways).

You need to read the LiluFriend README, edit the Info.plist as required, and install the resulting kext.
  • Add your desired plugins here. (Check the Info.plist of the plugin and gather its CFBundleIdentifier)
Can you please tell me in my case what plug in should I add to test out HDMI?

No comments possible without PR files that represent this attempt.
Note: Generally, you will need to hotplug HDMI...
Keep in mind that Clover can only patch a kext that is in kernel cache (WhateverGreen can patch even if kext is not in cache).

I think I will just go with 0x59160000 as it is much more stable. Is there a way to verify my true ig-platform-id? (HD 620)

0x59160000 has 0105/0204 ports.
0x591b0000 has 0204/0306 ports.

Since the port that 0x591b0000 does not have that 0x59160000, I suspect your HDMI is attached to 0105.

To use 0x591b0000, you must patch it such that it has the 0105 port (there are various ways).
I think so too because my ioreg says I don't have AppleFramebuffer @3, can you show me how to patch 0105? All the ways that possible please, I can just test them out one by one.
Thanks.

• Add your desired plugins here. (Check the Info.plist of the plugin and gather its CFBundleIdentifier)
Can you please tell me in my case what plug in should I add to test out HDMI?

As per README, you add the bundle-ids for all Lilu plugins you're using.

I think I will just go with 0x59160000 as it is much more stable. Is there a way to verify my true ig-platform-id? (HD 620)

ig-platform-id is configuration for the framebuffer kext. There is no hard/fast rule about which one to use for a given device (it depends more on your specific laptops port layout).

I think so too because my ioreg says I don't have AppleFramebuffer @3, can you show me how to patch 0105? All the ways that possible please, I can just test them out one by one.
Thanks.

There is a patch in my plists that swaps 0204 for 0105 (as one example). Refer to the KextsToPatch section of guide plists:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

As per README, you add the bundle-ids for all Lilu plugins you're using.

ig-platform-id is configuration for the framebuffer kext. There is no hard/fast rule about which one to use for a given device (it depends more on your specific laptops port layout).

There is a patch in my plists that swaps 0204 for 0105 (as one example). Refer to the KextsToPatch section of guide plists:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
I am so frustrated with this problem now. So many things to try and I don't know where to begin. As I googled many people have this problem too and they refer to it as a "black screen" issue (I thought the computer hangs, but it's not). I want to start over. Can you please tell me what to do step by step? So there are 3 things you mentioned
1. Lilufriend: Sorry for my lack of knowledge, I don't know how to add the plug-ins as described in Readme. They did not really tell me how to do it. So I am attaching a screenshot of all my installed kext in L/E, If you don't mind, can you please customize Lilufriend.kext for my case? Or at least can you show me how to add those? I have PlistEditor Pro but have no idea what to do.

2. ig-platform-id: As my attached file, I am using 0x59160000, and a described when boot with HDMI internal screen black, and external screen works as a DP with sound. Can you somehow check my iroreg for my specific laptop case see if you can find me a suitable ig-platform-id?

3. Framebuffer patch: I believe the patch you included in your pre-configured config.plist is for 0x591b0000, how can I customize that patch for 0x59160000? Again, please check my ioreg, I believe I only have @1 and @2, so there is no 0306.

4.I have downloaded and installed WhateverGreen.kext, doesn't seems to help anything, should I remove it?

And finally, should I try all the above at the same time, or is one of them enough to get the solution fixed?

Sorry, I know it's a lot for you, but I am lost and really want to fix this problem. Thank you.

P.s: the debug file is when I have HDMI cable hot-plugged.

Edited: do you think the coming macOS Mojave will fix this problem itself do I still have to patch this in config.plist? If it is easier to fix, I will just wait for Mojave to come out and update it. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 8.38.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 8.38.00 PM.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 59
  • debug_27895.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I am so frustrated with this problem now. So many things to try and I don't know where to begin. As I googled many people have this problem too and they refer to it as a "black screen" issue (I thought the computer hangs, but it's not). I want to start over. Can you please tell me what to do step by step? So there are 3 things you mentioned
1. Lilufriend: Sorry for my lack of knowledge, I don't know how to add the plug-ins as described in Readme. They did not really tell me how to do it. So I am attaching a screenshot of all my installed kext in L/E, If you don't mind, can you please customize Lilufriend.kext for my case? Or at least can you show me how to add those? I have PlistEditor Pro but have no idea what to do.

2. ig-platform-id: As my attached file, I am using 0x59160000, and a described when boot with HDMI internal screen black, and external screen works as a DP with sound. Can you somehow check my iroreg for my specific laptop case see if you can find me a suitable ig-platform-id?

3. Framebuffer patch: I believe the patch you included in your pre-configured config.plist is for 0x591b0000, how can I customize that patch for 0x59160000? Again, please check my ioreg, I believe I only have @1 and @2, so there is no 0306.

4.I have downloaded and installed WhateverGreen.kext, doesn't seems to help anything, should I remove it?

And finally, should I try all the above at the same time, or is one of them enough to get the solution fixed?

Sorry, I know it's a lot for you, but I am lost and really want to fix this problem. Thank you.

P.s: the debug file is when I have HDMI cable hot-plugged.

Edited: do you think the coming macOS Mojave will fix this problem itself do I still have to patch this in config.plist? If it is easier to fix, I will just wait for Mojave to come out and update it. Thanks.

1. You should not be mixing IntelGraphicsFixup.kext with WhateverGreen.kext. These two kexts are mutually exclusive. Also, CoreDisplayFixup.kext has been integrated into WhateverGreen.kext as well (you should read the documentation for WhateverGreen.kext so you know how to activate the pixel clock patch that is within it). After you remove IntelGraphicsFixup.kext+CoreDisplayFixup.kext, the only Lulu plugin you're left with is WhateverGreen.kext and AppleALC.kext. The bundle-ids of each are entered into the OSBundleLibraries (these are kext dependencies) inside the Info.plist for LiluFriend.kext. But I don't think your issue has anything to LiluFriend.kext or lack thereof. As long as you install all kexts to /L/E, Lilu and its plugins seem to work fine.

2/3/4. As already mentioned, it is a matter of trying different ig-platform-id values (0x191b0000 and 0x19160000 are commonly working values for a lot of laptops), then patching the framebuffer for complete functionality (facilities in WhateverGreen.kext make it a bit easy to do this, or you can use KextsToPatch in config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches). There may be other ig-platform-id values you should try as well (and with the 4k display you may need larger DVMT-prealloc).

You have picked a challenging system to hack as you need to deal with a lot of issues (4k display definitely complicates matters).

Your ioreg shows the internal display being properly recognized, but you didn't implement backlight control correctly. Wrongly implemented backlight control is worse than non-implemented backlight control.
See guide:

Hint: As per backlight guide, you should NOT have applied "Brightness Fix" patch to your DSDT.aml. SSDT-PNLF.aml provides the correct PNLF implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back