Contribute
Register

Razer Stealth 12.5" i7-7500U KabyLake 4K

Status
Not open for further replies.
You missed something important in the FAQ:
Dear RehabMan,
So I did a fresh install of Mojave and re-installed kexts. Everything seems to work so far except the same problems I am facing on 10.13.6
1. No sound after a reboot (seems to happens at totally random)
2. No external audio device on hot-plug HDMI
3. Internal display all black with blacklight when boot with HDMI plugged.
Update: I found a guide to show BIOS options for DVMT-prealloc for my laptop. But as you can see attached screenshot, 64mb is where it is at now and I can't adjust any higher.
So is there another way to fix the above problems?

Please start with sound as I need sound for daily use.
P/S: I think the graphics on dark mode is somehow worse than 10.13.6, is it normal? Can I change my GPU to higher capacity like 2048 instead of 1536mb now? And how can I do that?
Please check my files for more details.

Thank you

Attachments

• debug_13699.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 73
  • 20180928_034842.jpg
    20180928_034842.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 73
Dear RehabMan,
So I did a fresh install of Mojave and re-installed kexts. Everything seems to work so far except the same problems I am facing on 10.13.6
1. No sound after a reboot (seems to happens at totally random)
2. No external audio device on hot-plug HDMI
3. Internal display all black with blacklight when boot with HDMI plugged.
Update: I found a guide to show BIOS options for DVMT-prealloc for my laptop. But as you can see attached screenshot, 64mb is where it is at now and I can't adjust any higher.
So is there another way to fix the above problems?

Please start with sound as I need sound for daily use.
P/S: I think the graphics on dark mode is somehow worse than 10.13.6, is it normal? Can I change my GPU to higher capacity like 2048 instead of 1536mb now? And how can I do that?
Please check my files for more details.

Thank you

1. Look into LiluFriend.kext
2. No HDMI device connected in the ioreg you attached
3. Read here regarding patched EDID: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

As for DVMT-prealloc, if you have 64mb, no need for DVMT-prealloc 32mb related patches. And I don't see that you have any (so that's good).

If you read the WhateverGreen documentation/guide (look in desktop Mojave forum), you will find ways to increase VRAM. Not that I expect that would help.

1. Look into LiluFriend.kext
2. No HDMI device connected in the ioreg you attached
3. Read here regarding patched EDID: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

As for DVMT-prealloc, if you have 64mb, no need for DVMT-prealloc 32mb related patches. And I don't see that you have any (so that's good).

If you read the WhateverGreen documentation/guide (look in desktop Mojave forum), you will find ways to increase VRAM. Not that I expect that would help.

1.I also asked Toleda about audio problem, he (or she) told me to uninstall Realtek driver in Windows and use Microsoft driver, it seems to fix the no audio so far, I will test them more.
2.Toleda said there is no known solution for the no external audio device when hot plug HDMI, but I am attaching my debug to see if you can help me.
3.I also upload the debug when booting with HDMI plugged. Internal display is blank but external display works as DP with audio device and sound works too. I don't know why sound doesn't work when hot plugging HDMI.
Please help
Thank you

Attachments

• debug_13382_HDMI_hot_plug.zip
    9 MB · Views: 90
  • debug_17169_boot_with_HDMI.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 80
1.I also asked Toleda about audio problem, he (or she) told me to uninstall Realtek driver in Windows and use Microsoft driver, it seems to fix the no audio so far, I will test them more.

So your "No sound after a reboot (seems to happens at totally random)" was not random at all, but rather "no sound after a reboot from Windows"!
When reporting a problem, try to include all such important details.

2.Toleda said there is no known solution for the no external audio device when hot plug HDMI, but I am attaching my debug to see if you can help me.

Attach ioreg prior to plugging HDMI.

So your "No sound after a reboot (seems to happens at totally random)" was not random at all, but rather "no sound after a reboot from Windows"!
When reporting a problem, try to include all such important details.

Attach ioreg prior to plugging HDMI.

It did happened randomly also (still no sound even though I didn't boot to Windows) before I uninstalled Realtek driver, like 4/10 times. Now it seems to still working so far.

I am attaching my files before plugging in HDMI cable and another file with HDMI hot plugged. Please help. Thanks.

Attachments

• debug_15581_before_HDMI.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 97
  • debug_23179_HDMI_hot_plug.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 81
It did happened randomly also (still no sound even though I didn't boot to Windows) before I uninstalled Realtek driver, like 4/10 times. Now it seems to still working so far.

I am attaching my files before plugging in HDMI cable and another file with HDMI hot plugged. Please help. Thanks.

Are you certain you're using config.plist to boot with?
Are you certain that ioreg was collected on fresh boot prior to using the HDMI port?

Because connector-type in framebuffer@1 shows DP. Expect that with WhateverGreen.kext and no -igfxnohdmi kernel flag it will show HDMI <00 08 00 00>.

Are you certain you're using config.plist to boot with?
Are you certain that ioreg was collected on fresh boot prior to using the HDMI port?

Because connector-type in framebuffer@1 shows DP. Expect that with WhateverGreen.kext and no -igfxnohdmi kernel flag it will show HDMI <00 08 00 00>.
Yes I am sure the debug is correct. I boot using config.plist and debug was ran correctly.
UPDATE: So by doing the same as my HP Omen laptop, I removed FakePCIID_HDMI...kext and now I was be able to have sound on hot plug. And yes although framebuffer@1 is DP but Sound/Output show HDMI as attached screenshot.
Please show me how to correct it and also show me how to disable framebuffer@2 also as I would never need it. Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_28302_hot_plug.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 79
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 6.49.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 6.49.46 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
Yes I am sure the debug is correct. I boot using config.plist and debug was ran correctly.
UPDATE: So by doing the same as my HP Omen laptop, I removed FakePCIID_HDMI...kext and now I was be able to have sound on hot plug. And yes although framebuffer@1 is DP but Sound/Output show HDMI as attached screenshot.
Please show me how to correct it and also show me how to disable framebuffer@2 also as I would never need it. Thank you.

FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext is to be used only if you need it. Must test with and without.
For ideas on how to disable a framebuffer connector, look at the example in my u430 repo.

FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext is to be used only if you need it. Must test with and without.
For ideas on how to disable a framebuffer connector, look at the example in my u430 repo.
Ok so I found out something so weird. I was be able to remove frambebuffer@2 using WhateverGreen framebuffer patch guide. But as I boot, @1 show type 0008 which is HDMI (see screenshot "before" and debug "before), but as soon as I plug in HDMI it changes to 0004, but sound/output still shows HDMI and I still have sound (see screenshot "plugged" and debug "plugged". So weird. Did I do something wrong with the patch? Please help.

Attachments

• before plug.png
    before plug.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 74
  • debug_23998_before_hotplug.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 72
  • debug_32447_hotplugged.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 67
  • hdmi plugged.png
    hdmi plugged.png
    2 MB · Views: 74
Ok so I found out something so weird. I was be able to remove frambebuffer@2 using WhateverGreen framebuffer patch guide. But as I boot, @1 show type 0008 which is HDMI (see screenshot "before" and debug "before), but as soon as I plug in HDMI it changes to 0004, but sound/output still shows HDMI and I still have sound (see screenshot "plugged" and debug "plugged". So weird. Did I do something wrong with the patch? Please help.

It is typical. And no, we don't understand why the graphics kexts do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back