Contribute
Register

Razer Stealth 12.5" i7-7500U KabyLake 4K

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. You should not be mixing IntelGraphicsFixup.kext with WhateverGreen.kext. These two kexts are mutually exclusive. Also, CoreDisplayFixup.kext has been integrated into WhateverGreen.kext as well (you should read the documentation for WhateverGreen.kext so you know how to activate the pixel clock patch that is within it). After you remove IntelGraphicsFixup.kext+CoreDisplayFixup.kext, the only Lulu plugin you're left with is WhateverGreen.kext and AppleALC.kext. The bundle-ids of each are entered into the OSBundleLibraries (these are kext dependencies) inside the Info.plist for LiluFriend.kext. But I don't think your issue has anything to LiluFriend.kext or lack thereof. As long as you install all kexts to /L/E, Lilu and its plugins seem to work fine.

2/3/4. As already mentioned, it is a matter of trying different ig-platform-id values (0x191b0000 and 0x19160000 are commonly working values for a lot of laptops), then patching the framebuffer for complete functionality (facilities in WhateverGreen.kext make it a bit easy to do this, or you can use KextsToPatch in config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches). There may be other ig-platform-id values you should try as well (and with the 4k display you may need larger DVMT-prealloc).

You have picked a challenging system to hack as you need to deal with a lot of issues (4k display definitely complicates matters).

Your ioreg shows the internal display being properly recognized, but you didn't implement backlight control correctly. Wrongly implemented backlight control is worse than non-implemented backlight control.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Hint: As per backlight guide, you should NOT have applied "Brightness Fix" patch to your DSDT.aml. SSDT-PNLF.aml provides the correct PNLF implementation.
Thank you, this comment helps a lot.

1.Can you please guide me how to activate the pixel clock patch for my case before I remove the two kext and try WhateverGreen?

2. Can you help me with a patch for 0x59160000 with 01 instead of 0204? I believe my HDMI port is on 01.

3. I am assume with what I have right now as you check my file (I will repatch DSDT and leave out Brightness Fix), I am ready to update to Mojave (with a newer version of Clover) as soon as they release, am I correct?
Thank you

1.Can you please guide me how to activate the pixel clock patch for my case before I remove the two kext and try WhateverGreen?

Read the documentation for WhateverGreen.kext on github.
I have no 4k laptop here, so I haven't looked at it in detail, but it is mentioned in the README.

2. Can you help me with a patch for 0x59160000 with 01 instead of 0204? I believe my HDMI port is on 01.

I don't understand what you're trying to do. 0x59160000 already has 0105 and 0204.

3. I am assume with what I have right now as you check my file (I will repatch DSDT and leave out Brightness Fix), I am ready to update to Mojave (with a newer version of Clover) as soon as they release, am I correct?
Thank you

Impossible to predict the future.
All you can do is configure your system with best practices and find out what happens when 10.14 is released.

Read the documentation for WhateverGreen.kext on github.
I have no 4k laptop here, so I haven't looked at it in detail, but it is mentioned in the README.

I don't understand what you're trying to do. 0x59160000 already has 0105 and 0204.

Impossible to predict the future.
All you can do is configure your system with best practices and find out what happens when 10.14 is released.

2. I want to patch it because when I hot plug HDMI, output works but no sound device, and when I boot with HDMI plugged external screen is shown as DP, not HDMI and I can't adjust the volume. Is there a way to fix it?
Thanks.

2. I want to patch it because when I hot plug HDMI, output works but no sound device, and when I boot with HDMI plugged external screen is shown as DP, not HDMI and I can't adjust the volume. Is there a way to fix it?
Thanks.

There are no volume controls expected for digital audio. Volume controls are on the device itself.

I am trying to move to WhateverGreen+Lilu. But when I try to boot this shows up (check attached screenshot). Can you tell me how to fix it? I am also including my new edited config.plist for WhateverGreen. Please check it and tell me what should I fix. Thank you

Attachments

• 20180916_032650.jpg
    20180916_032650.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 52
  • config-whatevergreen.plist
    16.6 KB · Views: 130
But when I try to boot this shows up (check attached screenshot). Can you tell me how to fix it?

Use kernel flag -disablegfxfirmware. Kernel flags are specified in config.plist/Boot/Arguments.

Use kernel flag -disablegfxfirmware. Kernel flags are specified in config.plist/Boot/Arguments.
Ok so I was be able to boot with WhateverGreen+Lilu. However, there are a few things that I need your help.
1. I believe I have added correct ig-platform-id and device-id to Devices/Properties in Clover (00001659). But as you check my ioreg, platform-id still show 1b59, although device-id is correct. HDMI doesn't work (I believe that is the reason why). Can you help me fix this? (please check my current config.plist also)

2.As I followed this guide
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...hing-using-whatevergreen.256490/#post-1780416
The guide told me to remove FakePCIID and boot argument: -disablegfxfirmware. I am be able to boot without the boot argument but you told me to keep it. Should I keep it? And I think I have to keep FakePCIID for my wifi card to works as AirportExtreme. Does it affect my ig-platform-id or WhateverGreen?

Thank you

Attachments

• debug_17975.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 65
Ok so I was be able to boot with WhateverGreen+Lilu. However, there are a few things that I need your help.
1. I believe I have added correct ig-platform-id and device-id to Devices/Properties in Clover (00001659). But as you check my ioreg, platform-id still show 1b59, although device-id is correct. HDMI doesn't work (I believe that is the reason why). Can you help me fix this? (please check my current config.plist also)

2.As I followed this guide
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...hing-using-whatevergreen.256490/#post-1780416
The guide told me to remove FakePCIID and boot argument: -disablegfxfirmware. I am be able to boot without the boot argument but you told me to keep it. Should I keep it? And I think I have to keep FakePCIID for my wifi card to works as AirportExtreme. Does it affect my ig-platform-id or WhateverGreen?

Thank you

You're not running a new enough version of Clover to use config.plist/Devices/Properties as you have...
Refer to my bitbucket builds of Clover. There is a new one there as of yesterday.

You're not running a new enough version of Clover to use config.plist/Devices/Properties as you have...
Refer to my bitbucket builds of Clover. There is a new one there as of yesterday.
I was on the latest Clover version and ig-platform-id works now with WhateverGreen, also HDMI output works. However, I still have the same problems so far.
1. Black screen without HDMI cable plugged, and external display works only when boot with HDMI cable plugged.
2. No audio device when hot plug HDMI. Also no audio device anymore when booted with HDMI plugged.
3. No Sound: I tried various patch on this guide and still no solution. (ALC298). I also tried ResetHDA but still not work.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...dio-onboard-and-or-hd-6x0-hdmi.221618/page-15
Anyway let's fix one thing at a time. I need it for daily use so let's fix no sound problem first. Can you help me on this?
Thank you

Attachments

• debug_14376.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 52
1. Black screen without HDMI cable plugged, and external display works only when boot with HDMI cable plugged.

You might try with -cdfon (a little hard to tell from weg docs if -cdfon is same as property inject enable-hdmi20).
Also, lots of other ig-platform-id values to try.

Also, backlight control is not correct.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Please realize you can detect backlight problems separate from other graphics problems by shining a light on the display. Some light will reflect back through the panel so you can see if there is actually a image there but no backlight.

2. No audio device when hot plug HDMI. Also no audio device anymore when booted with HDMI plugged.

No audio device at all? Or just no HDMI audio device?

3. No Sound: I tried various patch on this guide and still no solution. (ALC298). I also tried ResetHDA but still not work.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...dio-onboard-and-or-hd-6x0-hdmi.221618/page-15
Anyway let's fix one thing at a time. I need it for daily use so let's fix no sound problem first. Can you help me on this?
Thank you

I haven't done much experimenting yet with AppleALC (I have other audio patching methods that work just fine...)

Try patching AppleHDA instead of AppleALC.

Note: Your ioreg shows audio working... so you're saying you just have no sound from speakers? How are you testing it? May be pathmap issue. You could check that your audio codec matches the assumptions made inside the XML of AppleALC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back