Contribute
Register

Razer Stealth 12.5" i7-7500U KabyLake 4K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi RehabMan - I have followed the ACPI guide, but I am stuck pretty much at the begining:

1. I have downloaded iasl 61 and followed the steps in the guide. The dumped aml files (F4, Clover) have disassembled nicely without duplicates. The DSDT.dsl loads into MaciASL, but when parsing in 5.1 mode, I get 2 errors. Before I continue applying any patches I would like to have a clean and compiling DSDT.aml. I have read about the iasl bug, have exchanged the code as recommended, but the errors stay the same:

10769, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF
10817, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAME, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

Could you please have a look at my DSDT.dsl and see if your experienced eyes can find the error? Thanks so much!

Attachments

• origin.zip
    165.1 KB · Views: 62
Hi RehabMan - I have followed the ACPI guide, but I am stuck pretty much at the begining:

1. I have downloaded iasl 61 and followed the steps in the guide. The dumped aml files (F4, Clover) have disassembled nicely without duplicates. The DSDT.dsl loads into MaciASL, but when parsing in 5.1 mode, I get 2 errors. Before I continue applying any patches I would like to have a clean and compiling DSDT.aml. I have read about the iasl bug, have exchanged the code as recommended, but the errors stay the same:

10769, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF
10817, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAME, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

Could you please have a look at my DSDT.dsl and see if your experienced eyes can find the error? Thanks so much!

You're using the wrong MaciASL.
You should be using the RehabMan build with ACPI 6.2a support.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

You should probably be using AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix*.efi+EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

Also, your SystemMemory addresses are mismatched, so strange problems are not at all surprising:
NUC6i7KYK:patched rehabman$ diff ../origin/ ../patched/ | grep SystemMemory
< OperationRegion (CPSB, SystemMemory, 0x7A679F98, 0x10)
> OperationRegion (CPSB, SystemMemory, 0x7AA39F98, 0x10)

See ACPI patching guide and read it carefully:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
So as I have checked, I am using OSxAptioFix-64 and Emu....., not AptioMemoryFix.efi
For the SystemMemory mismatch, can I apply the FixRegions patch (Clover's FixRegions feature (config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixRegions=true)) or do I have to re-patch my vanilla DSDT?
Because I think the hangs dude to kextcache still happen using OSxAptio+Emu....Thanks.

So as I have checked, I am using OSxAptioFix-64 and Emu....., not AptioMemoryFix.efi
For the SystemMemory mismatch, can I apply the FixRegions patch (Clover's FixRegions feature (config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixRegions=true)) or do I have to re-patch my vanilla DSDT?
Because I think the hangs dude to kextcache still happen using OSxAptio+Emu....Thanks.

Do not use FixRegions. It does not work correctly in many cases.

Do not use FixRegions. It does not work correctly in many cases.
I have extracted my latest DSDT and re-patched it. However I seem to still have problem with kextcache causing hangs at boot every time I run kextcache. I am using OSxAptio+Emu right now.

Another problem I have now is every time I reboot to Windows and boot back to Mac, there is no sound although devices still show up and I have to run kextcache again and reboot to Mac. I am using AppleALC + config.plist audio inject layout 3.

Please check my latest files and help me with these. Thank you

Attachments

• debug_23010.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 61
I have extracted my latest DSDT and re-patched it. However I seem to still have problem with kextcache causing hangs at boot every time I run kextcache. I am using OSxAptio+Emu right now.

Another problem I have now is every time I reboot to Windows and boot back to Mac, there is no sound although devices still show up and I have to run kextcache again and reboot to Mac. I am using AppleALC + config.plist audio inject layout 3.

Please check my latest files and help me with these. Thank you

Best to use AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix*.efi+EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

Best to use AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix*.efi+EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.
I have switched to AptioMemoryFix-64.efi but the problems are still the same. Can you have a second look at my files?
Also, is the no sound problem have anything to do with kextcache or is there another fix? Everytime I boot to Windows and boot back to Mac it happens, no sound. Please help. Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_25501.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 76
I have switched to AptioMemoryFix-64.efi

The files you attached still show OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi + EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.
Please spend more time checking your work.

The files you attached still show OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi + EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.
Please spend more time checking your work.
How is that possible? I copied AptioMemoryFix to UEFI64 folder of Clover and changed file extension of the 2 old files. Anyway, I have deleted them and only left with AptioMemoryFix in the folder, ran command nvram -c in Terminal and kextcache then reboot. It still hang. But anyway please check if I am on AptioMemoryFix now.
Also, after change to AptioMemoryFix, last time I boot the default drive was my Mac drive (before it was Windows drive with boot name Boot Microsoft EFI from EFI). Is there a way to switch back to that way? I want the default boot drive to be Microsoft EFI in order to boot to my Windows. Thank you

Attachments

• debug_12804.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 76
How is that possible? I copied AptioMemoryFix to UEFI64 folder of Clover and changed file extension of the 2 old files. Anyway, I have deleted them and only left with AptioMemoryFix in the folder, ran command nvram -c in Terminal and kextcache then reboot. It still hang. But anyway please check if I am on AptioMemoryFix now.
Also, after change to AptioMemoryFix, last time I boot the default drive was my Mac drive (before it was Windows drive with boot name Boot Microsoft EFI from EFI). Is there a way to switch back to that way? I want the default boot drive to be Microsoft EFI in order to boot to my Windows. Thank you

When using native NVRAM, make sure you delete any nvram.plist you have on EFI.

Clover tries to follow your setting in SysPrefs->Startup Disk, unless you specify something else in config.plist/GUI/DefaultVolume (and other related settings).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back