Contribute
Register

Razer Stealth 12.5" i7-7500U KabyLake 4K

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might try with -cdfon (a little hard to tell from weg docs if -cdfon is same as property inject enable-hdmi20).
Also, lots of other ig-platform-id values to try.

Also, backlight control is not correct.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Please realize you can detect backlight problems separate from other graphics problems by shining a light on the display. Some light will reflect back through the panel so you can see if there is actually a image there but no backlight.

No audio device at all? Or just no HDMI audio device?

I haven't done much experimenting yet with AppleALC (I have other audio patching methods that work just fine...)

Try patching AppleHDA instead of AppleALC.

Note: Your ioreg shows audio working... so you're saying you just have no sound from speakers? How are you testing it? May be pathmap issue. You could check that your audio codec matches the assumptions made inside the XML of AppleALC.

1. I thought I patched brightness correctly by removing the "Brightness Fix" from DSDT. But guess I have to re-patch it.
I am using -cdfon boot argument now already.
And yes when boot with HDMI plugged the internal screen is not competely black, I can still adjust brightness withhotkey, it's just no image displayed.
I also tried almost every platform-id possible in FB-Patcher and non works, 59160000 works best so far in term of reducing black screen boot.

2. Let me re-explain it clearer for 2,3.
2.1. without HDMI hot plugged: Yes audio does work for me (Internal Speaker recognized, does have sound), but after a restart or a reboot to Windows, no sound (device recognized but no sound)
2.2. HDMI hot plug: No audio devices besize Internal Speaker, and of course no sound on external display.
2.3. boot with HDMI plugged: Before changed to WhateverGreen I have audio device on external (recognized as DisplayPort) and does have sound. Now theres no audio device anymore (maybe because I patched DP->HDMI and patched 01 and 02 to HDMI.

Hope I have explained it clearly and hope you can help me with that. The thing I need most for now is hot plug HDMI with sound. Thank you.

1. I thought I patched brightness correctly by removing the "Brightness Fix" from DSDT. But guess I have to re-patch it.
I am using -cdfon boot argument now already.
And yes when boot with HDMI plugged the internal screen is not competely black, I can still adjust brightness withhotkey, it's just no image displayed.
I also tried almost every platform-id possible in FB-Patcher and non works, 59160000 works best so far in term of reducing black screen boot.

2. Let me re-explain it clearer for 2,3.
2.1. without HDMI hot plugged: Yes audio does work for me (Internal Speaker recognized, does have sound), but after a restart or a reboot to Windows, no sound (device recognized but no sound)
2.2. HDMI hot plug: No audio devices besize Internal Speaker, and of course no sound on external display.
2.3. boot with HDMI plugged: Before changed to WhateverGreen I have audio device on external (recognized as DisplayPort) and does have sound. Now theres no audio device anymore (maybe because I patched DP->HDMI and patched 01 and 02 to HDMI.

Hope I have explained it clearly and hope you can help me with that. The thing I need most for now is hot plug HDMI with sound. Thank you.

No other ideas for now.

You should implement the things already mentioned before asking for additional help.

No other ideas for now.

You should implement the things already mentioned before asking for additional help.
Sure, let me fix one thing at a time. Can you please check my file to see if I have implemented brightness fix correctly? Because I am still able to adjust brightness with slider or hotkey so I am not sure it is correct now. And if not, please help me with what else can be done?
If I have installed it correctly, I can still not boot with HDMI plugged (external screen shows up only), so the problem may not be brightness. Thank you
P.S: the debug is as I booted with HDMI plugged in.

Attachments

• debug_21989.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 89
Sure, let me fix one thing at a time. Can you please check my file to see if I have implemented brightness fix correctly? Because I am still able to adjust brightness with slider or hotkey so I am not sure it is correct now. And if not, please help me with what else can be done?
If I have installed it correctly, I can still not boot with HDMI plugged (external screen shows up only), so the problem may not be brightness. Thank you
P.S: the debug is as I booted with HDMI plugged in.

Brightness looks correct now.
Problems booting with HDMI are common... always hotplug. Patching the framebuffer to eliminate unused connectors may help (just an idea).

You may need to patch EDID. Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

Your issue may also be related to DVMT-prealloc. You might need to actually set it higher such that you don't need the 32MB patch. Or you could try the minStolenSize patch.

Brightness looks correct now.
Problems booting with HDMI are common... always hotplug. Patching the framebuffer to eliminate unused connectors may help (just an idea).
Can you show me how to do that? And can I do that throught FBPatcher app for Devices/Properties with WhateverGreen?

I did patch it using the guide #45, but it seems like I don't have an issue with EDID. However, I am attaching my patched file, can you check it for me? And is there a way that I can verify that it is correctly patched? I am using MacBookPro display (B5) and checksum (81). Mine is DisplayProductID-144d.
Btw I don't need to Inject EDID in Clover if I have that file in S/L/Displays/Content/Resources/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-4d10 already right?

Your issue may also be related to DVMT-prealloc. You might need to actually set it higher such that you don't need the 32MB patch. Or you could try the minStolenSize patch.
Can you show me how to do that also to set it higher? As I applied the patch for DVMT-32mb in Devices/Properties using FBPatch app it hangs and I cannot even access to Recovery, so I removed those patch.
Thank you

Attachments

• debug_20924.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 78
  • DisplayVendorID-4d10.zip
    2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Can you show me how to do that? And can I do that throught FBPatcher app for Devices/Properties with WhateverGreen?

Use ioreg to determine which ports are used. Then disable unused ports via WhateverGreen properties.

I did patch it using the guide #45, but it seems like I don't have an issue with EDID. However, I am attaching my patched file, can you check it for me? And is there a way that I can verify that it is correctly patched? I am using MacBookPro display (B5) and checksum (81). Mine is DisplayProductID-144d.
Btw I don't need to Inject EDID in Clover if I have that file in S/L/Displays/Content/Resources/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-4d10 already right?

That looks ok, but I don't have access to your computer in order to extract original EDID.
You should double check, also try without, and also try other values for byte 20.

Can you show me how to do that also to set it higher? As I applied the patch for DVMT-32mb in Devices/Properties using FBPatch app it hangs and I cannot even access to Recovery, so I removed those patch.
Thank you

Look at the FAQ; it has links for using a special UEFI shell with setup_var or setup_var2.

I will work on those later. Meanwhile, can you help me with audio? I am experiencing 2 problems.
1.No audio device when hotplug HDMI
2.No sound (Internal devices still recognize but just no sound)
The thing is I am following the guide from this post.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-realtek-audio-guide.234732/
cloverALC command said my codec is not supported, so I cannot patch AppleHDA but have to use AppleALC. I also tried this guide
https://github.com/insanelydeepak/cloverHDA-for-Mac-OS-Sierra-10.13
It has its own patch for Razer Blade, I got it to work, but both problems are the same.
Can you help me with this? Thank you

Attachments

• debug_1626.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 95

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    633.4 KB · Views: 85
I found the guide for changing DVMT-prealloc
https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305710-guide-intel-hd-graphics-5500-on-os-x-yosemite-10103/

But my dedicated memory is already 128mb,which is largest possible (check my screenshot), so I do not have to change it, right?

You missed something important in the FAQ:
IMPORTANT!: Contrary to many of the guides you will read, Windows is NOT a valid way to determine what DVMT-prealloc is set to. There is no correlation, especially with Windows 10.

I will work on those later. Meanwhile, can you help me with audio? I am experiencing 2 problems.
1.No audio device when hotplug HDMI
2.No sound (Internal devices still recognize but just no sound)
The thing is I am following the guide from this post.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-realtek-audio-guide.234732/
cloverALC command said my codec is not supported, so I cannot patch AppleHDA but have to use AppleALC. I also tried this guide
https://github.com/insanelydeepak/cloverHDA-for-Mac-OS-Sierra-10.13
It has its own patch for Razer Blade, I got it to work, but both problems are the same.
Can you help me with this? Thank you
I will wait for Mojave to come out and install to see if the screen problem is fixed, as I have read some posts saying EDID works better in Mojave.
Meanwhile, can you help me with the sound problem as I described above? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back