Contribute
Register

Random Shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done them even then it keeps restarting . Console log says "previous shutdown cause is 5"(something like that ). I suspect it has something to do with iousb-kexts(usb kexts). Can you look into them ?

I've done them even then it keeps restarting . Console log says "previous shutdown cause is 5"(something like that ). I suspect it has something to do with iousb-kexts(usb kexts). Can you look into them ?

Define "done them"...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

all of them are already uploaded.... even after applying native power management and dsdt edits these commands give no result kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

all of them are already uploaded.... even after applying native power management and dsdt edits these commands give no result kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

I see nothing attached in post #11.

I've attached them.

Note: I don't know the reason why "kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu" is not giving any output. Can you give more specific reason for that. If it is supposed to give some output then what am i missing ? I've gone through those links for patching dsdt and ssdt's but couldn't find the reason for it.

Note 2: ssdt in clover is generated with pikeralpha-script(power management)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 85
  • MacBook Pro.ioreg
    3.4 MB · Views: 80
  • terminal output.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 289
I've attached them.

Note: I don't know the reason why "kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu" is not giving any output. Can you give more specific reason for that. If it is supposed to give some output then what am i missing ? I've gone through those links for patching dsdt and ssdt's but couldn't find the reason for it.

No output from that kextstat is what is expected.

You might do a fresh install to eliminate all the 3rd party software you added (Android File Transfer known to cause problems with USB, same with VirtualBox).

Also, I don't use VoodooHDA... you may have better results with patched AppleHDA.

ACPI is not patched correctly. Based on ACPI/origin, you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-6.aml

Note also that DropOem=true is required with patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched, and SortedOrder is required to set the correct load order.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

And why are you using Clover legacy on UEFI capable hardware?

Also, USB WiFi is known to cause instability. Install supported PCIe WiFi instead (see FAQ).

will it work if i uninstall Android File Transfer and Virtual Box ? I'm sure it is not because of Virtual box(i used usb wifi for almost a week after installing virtual box and it worked perfectly). Is there an alternative for android file transfer ?

will it work if i uninstall Android File Transfer and Virtual Box ? I'm sure it is not because of Virtual box(i used usb wifi for almost a week after installing virtual box and it worked perfectly). Is there an alternative for android file transfer ?

I cannot predict the future. I have identified many problems for you to investigate.

You can read about alternate fix for the AFT issue in the FAQ.

Problem is because of Android File Transfer i uninstalled it and from then it stopped restarting . Thanks for helping me with that.

Does hibernation and sleep work on hackintosh ? Do i need to add any patches for them work ? If i leave my laptop unattended for 1/2 hr(approximately idk exact time) it goes into hibernation how can i stop it ?

Problem is because of Android File Transfer i uninstalled it and from then it stopped restarting . Thanks for helping me with that.

Does hibernation and sleep work on hackintosh ? Do i need to add any patches for them work ? If i leave my laptop unattended for 1/2 hr(approximately idk exact time) it goes into hibernation how can i stop it ?

Sleep works fine (with correct setup). Best to disable hibernation.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...01-guide-native-power-management-laptops.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back