Graphics
Intel HD 4600m + GT 740M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My laptop Restarts randomly for no reason . I don't know where to look into . Sometimes(1 out of 5) it shows some logs related to usb(they look similar to kernel panic logs except that it has something to do with usb instead of kernel panic and it was too quick so i was not able to find exact reason). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bootloader - clover
OS - osx 10.11

My laptop Restarts randomly for no reason . I don't know where to look into . Sometimes(1 out of 5) it shows some logs related to usb(they look similar to kernel panic logs except that it has something to do with usb instead of kernel panic and it was too quick so i was not able to find exact reason). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bootloader - clover
OS - osx 10.11

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

I've uploaded them .
ps : These commands gave no outputkextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 93
  • IOREG.zip
    486.5 KB · Views: 110
  • output.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 145
  • kextstat.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 161
Is it absolutely necessary to patch DSDT and SSDT for power management(i'm using this as a desktop mostly and this remains plugged whenever i'm using it ) ? can you identify exact reason for these random restarts ?

Is it absolutely necessary to patch DSDT and SSDT for power management(i'm using this as a desktop mostly and this remains plugged whenever i'm using it ) ? can you identify exact reason for these random restarts ?

AppleLPC is not loaded. You need the correct ACPI patches to correct that. Very bad things happen without it.

Performance suffers if you don't implement power management.

Reliable performance is not expected with incorrect installation procedures.

ok i'll implement them tonight .Anything else that i can do to fix these Random Restarts ?

ok i'll implement them tonight .Anything else that i can do to fix these Random Restarts ?

Your random restarts will likely go away once you implement the items I mention.

Assuming, of course, that you don't have other problems I have not yet looked for.

sorry about last post that dsdt.dsl was supposed to be in the form of a code...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back