Contribute
Register

Random Freezing Solution? GA-Z77X-UD5H + i7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there. After many hours of researching a very similar problem for a friend of mine with a Hackintosh, I came to the solution that I believe works. I know that this will sound simple, and believe me I have tried all the suggestions listed here and other places, but this is the one that worked for him.

The default setting for Finder when opening a new Finder window is that it opens in "All My Files" which for most of us is a ton of files. Well, when I changed the Finder preferences to open a new Finder window into something other than "All My Files" the problem was solved. I believe that their is a bug in ML that has to do with indexing in Finder. I hope that this helps.

I want to change that...only because I don't like that window....Where is the option to change that? Is that in the windows pane in system preferences? I'm at work, otherwise I would search for it right now. Thanks!!!!

I know I'm bringing up an old thread, but has anyone really found a solution to this issue? I have the same board and processor but using an older GTX460 video. At random times if I'm using the computer or it sits idle, the computer will freeze but the mouse still responds, although nothing is clickable. I'm forced to do a hard reset to bring back the system. This issue is very frustrating!

Bump!

Same here.. have tried all sorts of solutions posted here, and posted on other forums (non Hackintosh forums). Seems there is a serious problem with this mobo..
Updated bios to F14 (latest stable).
Changed BCLK from Auto to 100.1, still crashed, so changed to 101 as some suggest
Changed the CPU and RAM voltages as some suggest
Disabled firewire.
Still freezing.

Currently testing the 2 x 8gb vengenance ram i got in there - using memtest. Some have suggested that they found memtest to pass their RAM, then they changed mobo's to realise that the RAM was indeed faulty, so I dont know about this test..

Next suggestion is to run only one of the RAM modules..

Any other suggestions?

I had the same issue with my Mountain Lion system (Gigabyte motherboard and AMD6870 graphics card) and it was seriously starting to annoy me. Freezes occured on all versions of OSX.

I completely solved the freeze on my system by enabling the following features in Multibeast (see last three items).

Realtek ALC889 Audio Driver
FakeSMC - Fixes all sleep issues
FakeSMCPlugins - Fixes all sleep issues
jmicron36xata.kext - mobo specific
RealtekRTL81xx.kext (Lnx2Mac's) - mobo specific
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA - mobo specific
AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA - mobo specific
AppleRTCPatchfor CMOS <--Without this, my BIOS would clear on reboots
Chimera Bootloader
MacPro 3,1 <--Need this for iCloud
PCIRootUID = 1 <--Possibly helped with freeze
PCI Configuration Fix npci = 0x3000 <---Very important to prevent freezes
Generate CPU States Yes<---Very important to prevent freezes

I'm including everything I installed with MultiBeast but adding the last three items are what stopped the freezes from occurring. I'm not sure if it was one or a combination of the three, but I'm 100% freeze free now. I would speculate the CPU states did the trick since I believe there are some power state management issues between the AMD graphics cards and the drivers.

My exact system specs are in my profile and I hope this helps others in similar situations.

Galael

I created an account on this site just to say thanks for this information. After doing this my machine worked perfectly. Haven't had any problems yet.:D

What OS version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back