Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Random Freezing Solution? GA-Z77X-UD5H + XFX Radeon HD 6870

My system works great... except for the fact that it freezes at seemingly random times.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and if they have solved it?

My parts are:
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard
Intel i7-3770K 3.5GHz cpu
XFX Radeon HD 6870 graphics/video card
Corsair Vengeance RAM

I tested the RAM with rember and it worked fine so I don't that is the problem.

Anyways like I said, if anyone has had a similar problem please add your input!

Any suggestions are appreciated, Thanks!

My system works great... except for the fact that it freezes at seemingly random times.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and if they have solved it?

My parts are:
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard
Intel i7-3770K 3.5GHz cpu
XFX Radeon HD 6870 graphics/video card
Corsair Vengeance RAM

I tested the RAM with rember and it worked fine so I don't that is the problem.

Anyways like I said, if anyone has had a similar problem please add your input!

Hi,

I have the exact same hardware and never experienced this problem :/ But as suggested you should update your bios (really easy), I'm using F8 firmware.

Could be motherboard instability. I had that problem way back when my board was running F4. Update your BIOS to F8 and i think that should fix your problem.

I had already updated to version F8 when I did the install, so that can't be it. :( Any other ideas anyone?

I had already updated to version F8 when I did the install, so that can't be it. :( Any other ideas anyone?

I keep getting the following message in the console: FakeSMC.kext is not authentic; omitting.
Followed by: //System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext is not authentic; omitting from prelinked kernel.
then: Can't use FakeSMC.kext - not linked

Is anyone else getting these messages?

I happened to had the same issue ever, I changed the display card to 6850, so problem solved. Suggest that you try another display card and troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion. When it freezes, even the iTunes sound freezes so its not just the display. Was that the same problem for you?

My system works great too... except for the fact that it freezes at seemingly random times too.

But i have other hardware:
MB - Asus P8Z77-M PRO
CPU - i7-3770
Sapphire HD6870 1Gb
Corsair Vengeance RAM 16Gb
Mac OS X 10.8.1 installed
BIOS UEFI v1504
patchet from this http://bios4asus.blogspot.com

I installed Multibeast 5.0.2 mb.jpg mb1.jpg

I think maybe it through Lnx2mac's network driver (i used 0.90 my chip RTL8111F)?
An i see then the freezes occur the cpu usage increased to 80% of windowserver process in system monitor then i used safari, google chrome or lightroom 4.

Try removing your overclock
Disable Xtreme Memory Profile 1 in BIOS
Run Prime 95 torture test
Run Rember
Reinstall Multibeast

I have exactly the same problem! I've discovered right now... This is my hardware:

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H with BIOS F8
i5 3570K
Sapphire HD6870
8Gb RAM DDR3 1600Mhz

OSX Mountain Lion 10.8

If i boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, I have QE/CI, but my GPU is recognized like an ATI RADEON 6xxx, and don't have that problems, but I can't play Mafia II or use DVD Player.

If I boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, I have QE/CI too, and the system is recognized like an ATI RADEON 6870HD, and can play Mafia II and use DVD Player, but the system freezes for a short time when I load some web pages. See this video:

http://youtu.be/-2QU0rlgUPs

When i move the mouse in circles, it freezes for a short time, and when Safari is loading the web page (google in this case), it freezes too.

Have you solved that issue, or is the GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back