Contribute
Register

Radeon VII (and new AMD gpus) compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beta 6 installed. There are updated files in the kext container but no native id. Used it for an hour this evening with no issues. But I don't want to jinx it. Will add more Tuesday after a full day of use.

Me too! Waiting for 10.14.5 to see if ID is there.

Installed my PowerColor Radeon VII last night on 10.14.4 Beta 6. Forgot to activate onboard video and received a black / blank screen after the Apple logo. Re-booted into BIOS, enabled onboard video and re-booted into Mojave.

Had no issues with anything initially, but while in Lightroom editing a photo, the system did lock up to where no keyboard input was working, but mouse cursor was responsive.

Re-booted back into Mojave. Went to bed right after that.

Looks like we're making progress.

If Radeon VII drivers are not in 10.4.4 Golden Master, then I'm returning the card and getting a Radeon RX 590 instead.

I have work to do - and, while I enjoy my games and can't wait to play Metro Exodus very soon, I certainly don't care if I can't play at Super-Duper-Big Pimpin'-Ultra-Max settings at 6,000 FPS in 6K resolution on my 25-foot flat panel display mounted adjacent to the wall-to-wall window of my seaside, ocean-view house, sitting on a cliff in Santorini that only exists in my fantasies.

Thus, if 10.4.4 doesn't support Radeon VII, then the RX 590 will be fine until it does.

:)

What VBIOS are you two using?

Latest UEFI bios for vega vii from AMD

My configuration right now is iGPU enabled (Intel 630) and set as primary, vega 64 in slot 1 and Vega vii in slot 2.

Screen plugged into vii.

There is no particular reason for the config other than swapping cards in and out and this was what it was when I booted beta 6.

Didn't have any freezing issues today. But didn't do any significant work on this machine either.

@monolithic and @kyasu1
would you guys mind sharing your clovers? I have a Radeon VII as well as Intel UHD 630, and I can't get the onboard video working. The Radeon VII outputs, but with no acceleration. I was hoping to get the on-board graphics working while we wait for official radeon VII support.

it looks like you will have to wait a lot and well because it looks like Apple will never integrate RADEON 7 ... for 2019 they opted for VEGA 64X which will only be available as an upgrade for iMac Pro at a reasonable price

Installed my PowerColor Radeon VII last night on 10.14.4 Beta 6. Forgot to activate onboard video and received a black / blank screen after the Apple logo. Re-booted into BIOS, enabled onboard video and re-booted into Mojave.

Had no issues with anything initially, but while in Lightroom editing a photo, the system did lock up to where no keyboard input was working, but mouse cursor was responsive.

Re-booted back into Mojave. Went to bed right after that.

Looks like we're making progress.

If Radeon VII drivers are not in 10.4.4 Golden Master, then I'm returning the card and getting a Radeon RX 590 instead.

I have work to do - and, while I enjoy my games and can't wait to play Metro Exodus very soon, I certainly don't care if I can't play at Super-Duper-Big Pimpin'-Ultra-Max settings at 6,000 FPS in 6K resolution on my 25-foot flat panel display mounted adjacent to the wall-to-wall window of my seaside, ocean-view house, sitting on a cliff in Santorini that only exists in my fantasies.

Thus, if 10.4.4 doesn't support Radeon VII, then the RX 590 will be fine until it does.

:)

That's interesting that it's not working in 10.14.4 Beta 6. All of the other websites suggest that it should be working in 10.14.4. They even show the Radeon 7 showing up in the device ID of 10.14.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back