Contribute
Register

Radeon VII (and new AMD gpus) compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am running the 10.14.4 Beta and have The Radeon VII with the edited 5000 kext. I can get into Mojave with dGPU set as primary but I get the freezing issue. If I run with iGPU as primary, Vega64 shows in the system information as being detected. I don’t get freezing this way. If I leave iGPU as primary will I still get dGPU acceleration for tasks? In Lightroom for example, acceleration only shows Intel KBL and not Vega. Photoshop shows the same. Geek bench, however, will generate a performance report for the Radeon VII. Sorry and thanks.

With your screen plugged into the Vega VII and iGPU as primary what does system information say under display adapters? It should say Metal supported for the Vega.

I
With your screen plugged into the Vega VII and iGPU as primary what does system information say under display adapters? It should say Metal supported for the Vega.
When I tried to unplug from iGPU into the VII I get a black screen. When I unplug from VII to the iGPU it’s black for a while then eventually goes back

Where can I get the 5000kext?

Here is a mini guide to fix the info.plist.
Go the next page after for the Kext Wizard zip.

I successfully boot into macOS by using Radeon VII (with AMD UEFI BIOS).

1. Enable Integrated Graphics in the BIOS. (CSM still disabled.)
  2. Modified AMDRadeonX5000.
  3. Use WhateverGreen (v1.2.7)
can you share file ? ANMDRadeonX5000 ? thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back