Contribute
Register

Radeon VII (and new AMD gpus) compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s on page 5 and the wizard is on 6.
Unfortunately, it does not work ... and I hit the same black screen after modifying kext files ... if I use active CSM, the system does not boot ... to live with the hope that a compatible driver will appear? ... I think they are hopeful but with version 14.4 ... I noticed that the value of 0x66AF is already present in kext files, but it does not use anything yet ... it is strange that it was not cheap at all ... about 1000 euro , and in my country there are a lot of money

thank you

edit:
and something that nobody has mentioned before, if in the end I manage to boot the image has a blue dominance ... it's like a black-and-white monitor with a blue background ... is it normal?

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it does not work ... and I hit the same black screen after modifying kext files ... if I use active CSM, the system does not boot ... to live with the hope that a compatible driver will appear? ... I think they are hopeful but with version 14.4 ... I noticed that the value of 0x66AF is already present in kext files, but it does not use anything yet ... it is strange that it was not cheap at all ... about 1000 euro , and in my country there are a lot of money

thank you

edit:
and something that nobody has mentioned before, if in the end I manage to boot the image has a blue dominance ... it's like a black-and-white monitor with a blue background ... is it normal?

It only works in 14.4 betas. Earlier versions haven’t worked. Mine is an original legacy vbios on the card so it works without IGPU or helper video card. You will need to use 14.4 and IGPU if you have the newer vbios that is UEFI only.

Hi, I just wanted to tell you a successful report. Today I received a brand new Sapphire Radeon VII and tested with my Hack by applying the patch mentioned here. It boots smoothly without black screen. At least for a short time testing, it is working well. Attached image is the result of Geekbench 4 which is bit disappointing, worse than the Vega 56, but yea it may be improved once it will be officially supported...Thank you for all you works !

Hi, I just wanted to tell you a successful report. Today I received a brand new Sapphire Radeon VII and tested with my Hack by applying the patch mentioned here. It boots smoothly without black screen. At least for a short time testing, it is working well. Attached image is the result of Geekbench 4 which is bit disappointing, worse than the Vega 56, but yea it may be improved once it will be officially supported...Thank you for all you works !

View attachment 393286
what part number have you card ? 21291-01-40G ?

Yes, VD6889 Sapphire 21291-01-40G
and you say it goes smoothly ... it has no distorted colors, it does not have flicher ... hardware accelaration did you test it? the metal test why did not you do it? ... I ask because today I gave back a radeon 7 from ASUS ... and I do not want to have any surprises ... thanks

I am not experiencing distorted colors or flicker problems, although it often locks up and needs to be rebooted :S

Geekbench4 and Novabench with Metal support worked, but GFXBench did not run, it said something like Metal support was not detected. Luxmark runs but invalid result (Failed Image validation).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 10.28.25.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 10.28.25.png
    147.2 KB · Views: 98
I am not experiencing distorted colors or flicker problems, although it often locks up and needs to be rebooted :S

Geekbench4 and Novabench with Metal support worked, but GFXBench did not run, it said something like Metal support was not detected. Luxmark runs but invalid result (Failed Image validation).
quite discouraging ... I really do not know what to do ... I have the opportunity to take an identical sapphire board but from what I hear I do not think it's a good move

quite discouraging ... I really do not know what to do ... I have the opportunity to take an identical sapphire board but from what I hear I do not think it's a good move
If you need a stable environment, probably you should wait the release of the new driver for supporting Radeon VII as egpu. The price may be down at that time !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back