Status
Not open for further replies.
On macOS 10.13.4:
  • no RadeonDeInit
  • no WhateverGreen.kext
  • no Inject ATI
  • no graphics SSDT
  • no graphics Clover patches
My Vega 56 has DisplayPort audio working and HEVC working. I am using iMacPro1,1 system definition. Playing the Sony camp video, Quicktime uses about 10.5-11% CPU.
Not quite the case with RX580.
Without AddHDMI DSDT fix (or SSDT injection), DP/HDMI audio does not work.
Without SSDT injection the framebuffer is generic Radeon frame buffer (which is OK) but number of ports is 6 not 5. On my Nitro+ I'm lucky the port types match (almost) they work - that will not be the case with all RX5XX's.
HEVC is enabled in X4000 driver but does not play a Sony 4k 10-bit video through the RX580 but uses the CPU.
I have to set forceOfflineRenderer=NO in /S/L/PrivateFrameworks/AppleGVA.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Info.plist for my Board-ID for iMac13,2 for it play that Sony camp movie.
In iMovie & FCPX, I cannot share video to HEVC 8-bit as I have IGPU enabled. Both those app will not use the RX580 to encode.
Quicktime Screen recording does not work (not found a solution yet).
Basically, 10.13.4 update does what RadeonDeInit (and HEVC enabling without a dummy kext) but for me I still have to do more to get the Apps I use to work properly. Hence the update does not quite enable all AMD cards "OOB".

Did share / export as H264 work in FCPX? I do not use IQSV, need disable IOGVACodec (H264 encoder) from dummy kext to make H264 work.

Now everything seems to be OK, no freeze while share as H264 but without HW acceleration, export as HEVC good.
Can you explain what your dummy kext does and share it ?

I am still experiencing random system freezing with my 560, I thought 10.13.4 would resolve this but it has not so far.

Can you explain what your dummy kext does and share it ?

Just remove IOGVACodec=AMDU7V4 from dummy kext, OpenCL performance drop after video playback issue still persist, now try to tweak 9500 controller settings.

Attachments

• X4000.kext.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 108
Agrajac, can you tell me what you have in EFI/Clove/Kexts/other? If I remove whatevergreen only one of my three monitors works.

Just remove IOGVACodec=AMDU7V4 from dummy kext, OpenCL performance drop after video playback issue still persist, now try to tweak 9500 controller settings.
Thanks.
The new AMDRadeonX4000_AMDEllesmereGraphicsAccelerator already has HEVC enabled so can you pls tell us why we need this dummy kext ?
See:
Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 15.38.54.png

Note : IOGVACodec = AMDU6V3 by default

Just added acre and RX560 kexts and removed whatevergreen, and all three of my monitors are working now, great! Just have to see now if the freezing goes away.

Thanks.
The new AMDRadeonX4000_AMDEllesmereGraphicsAccelerator already has HEVC enabled so can you pls tell us why we need this dummy kext ?
See:
View attachment 322725
Note : IOGVACodec = AMDU6V3 by default

I did not found it in 10.13.4 17E199 AMDRadeonX4000 info.plist, where did you found this, you may try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back