Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 560 on 10.13.4 macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't have the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext patch!!!
You are referring to https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/ ?
Not sure it's the best solution. See
EDIT (03/01/2017):
vit9696 offered a new solution for those who want an easy fix. I haven't tested this but it sounds like it bypasses the offending functionality of Apple Graphics Display Policy. Because it is a separate pair of kexts, it should not require any actions (re-patching) after updates. Install the Lilu.kext & NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

The settings should be valid for your system.

Ok I followed your steps, booted into OSX now. How can I tell if my iGPU is really enabled, is it important?

Where did you find AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext and where did you place it?
It's a patch, not a kext, screenshot attached

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 22.00.01.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 22.00.01.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 554
Are you sure it gets loaded? Because I have successfully loaded my own rom, but when trying to load a Gigabyte one I get in bootlog

I tried and it also did not seem to load the VBIOS.

Hi, so you changed your sys def to iMac pro? What's the advantage over 18,3? Can I just try to change the profile or do I have to keep some values, doesn't changing the profile on the same install mess something...? What about the iMac pro different OS?

Also, do you keep the iGPU active and use Intelgraphicsfixup.kext?

Can you share your config or update it in your main build topic?

EDIT: I just tried to remove IntelgraphicsFixUp and Shiki, I still have HEVC support and can play Sony Camp with 11% cpu usage and igpu running... so it seems like IntelgraphicsFixUp is not needed anymore...?

Thanks a lot!!!

Yes, I have been testing the iMacPro1,1 system definition for about a week. All I did was make changes in the SMBIOS section of config.plist. Nothing else needed changing. Of course, I made new Serial, UUID, etc.

Yes, my IGPU is enabled. Yes, I still have IntelGraphicsFixup.kext installed.

Nothing has changed in my EFI folder. You can find them in my Z370-G build description.

Ok I followed your steps, booted into OSX now. How can I tell if my iGPU is really enabled, is it important?
Install Intel® Power Gadget 3.5.1 for Mac https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-power-gadget-20 and open it. Start a screen recording with QuickTime Player and watch the GT Frequency, it should be 0,40 or so. Stop the screen recording and export the file using HEVC (option available for 1080p & 4K). Watch the GT activity, it should be at maximum about 1,00 GHz.

It's a patch, not a kext, screenshot attached
So this is the patch
Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Disable board-id check to prevent no signal © lvs1974, Pike R. Alpha, vit9696</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                ugUAAAA=
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                ugAAAAA=
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>
I'm not saying you should use Lilu and Whatevergreen, as I don't use them :) I'm happy with Inject ATI, but I'll test the patch too.

Are you sure two kekts to load are better than a patch?
It works with SMBIOS iMac18,2 too, I'll update the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back