Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Is this what RadeonDeinit does? Or do they operate separately? I just ordered a 560(got the highest OC model for 105) to test and provide a lower cost entry to all, will post a full efi for use with z270+7700k once I get it later this week.

Yes, it’s based on the whatevergreenkext but is a much simpler solution and is now incorporated into the latest clover release. This is what we’ve been waiting for since El Capitan for AMD cards. There is also a SSDTAMD.aml which can be used if the clover fix doesn’t work.

Yes, it’s based on the whatevergreenkext but is a much simpler solution and is now incorporated into the latest clover release. This is what we’ve been waiting for since El Capitan for AMD cards. There is also a SSDTAMD.aml which can be used if the clover fix doesn’t work.
I was just asking as it wasn't clear if the ACPI patching helped with ports/framebuffer or igpu coexistence beyond the RadeonDeinit

I was just asking as it wasn't clear if the ACPI patching helped with ports/framebuffer or igpu coexistence beyond the RadeonDeinit

Pavo created a dsdt bank or repository for specific cards which may include naming and port fixes. It’s on the same thread.

Pavo created a dsdt bank or repository for specific cards which may include naming and port fixes. It’s on the same thread.
I know, I saw it, I will contribute the 560 when I get it, maybe he can clarify if there is a difference between the ssdt method and deinit beyond naming the card

I know, I saw it, I will contribute the 560 when I get it, maybe he can clarify if there is a difference between the ssdt method and deinit beyond naming the card

Slice created the SSDT and then incorporated it into Clover. It only covers the AMd cards. Pavo created a bank for people that created specific dsdt/SSDT for various cards. Pavo collection should have names and ports worked out for a few cards.

Ive found 2 thing:
1.When ATIInject=Yes in clover i get Panic n it sys reboots
2.Every Version of OS X(or its AMD6000COntroller.kext) have diff versions/values/data of Framebuffers

AMD Radeon HD 7650M in not working on 10.13.1, can someone guide me !

Ive found 2 thing:
1.When ATIInject=Yes in clover i get Panic n it sys reboots
2.Every Version of OS X(or its AMD6000COntroller.kext) have diff versions/values/data of Framebuffers

AMD Radeon HD 7650M in not working on 10.13.1, can someone guide me !

Download and have ready: Kext Wizard, Text wrangler or xCode (text edit is already in System in applications folder).

What is your device ID? 0x????1002, look at clover boot screen menu to see what it is in Clover/Options/Graphics Settings. Now check the 6000controllerkext by right clicking on it and select “show package contents”. A “Contents” folder will apppear, open it and drag the “info.plist” to the desktop. Right click on the info.plist and “open with” (text wrangler, xCode, text edit). Look for the IOKitPersonalities section with the 0x????1002 IDs. Check to see if yours is there. If it’s isn’t find one that is close to your ID number and change it to your number. Close edit app and choose “save” or save changes. Now drag the info.plist back to the “Contents” folder, you should get “Authenticate and Replace” prompts. If you don’t get “ replace” prompt hit cancel and try again. After replacing the info.plist run Kext Wizard before reboot.

Next, you will need to do the same to the AMD3000kext, or AMD4000kext etc.. which ever one has device IDs similar to yours in the info.plist. Add your ID to the info.plsit of the appropriate kext info.plist. Follow above procedure and always use kext wizard before reboot.

Good luck and report back any findings.

Hi,
so the Vega64 is supported now in High Sierre awithout the need to hack anything or stuff like Lilu according to @ICEVISION .
Is there somehwhere an updated list which Radeaon sould be supported like the Vega64 ootb ? please?

I am currently searching for a replacement for mt Geforce GTX780ti, I dont really need as much power but more than the hd4600, stability is much more important.

Hi,
so the Vega64 is supported now in High Sierre awithout the need to hack anything or stuff like Lilu according to @ICEVISION .
Is there somehwhere an updated list which Radeaon sould be supported like the Vega64 ootb ? please?

I am currently searching for a replacement for mt Geforce GTX780ti, I dont really need as much power but more than the hd4600, stability is much more important.
Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 14.49.33.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 14.49.33.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 14.49.19.png

Hi,

rx560 should be fine, If you could wait a bit I will get one Monday or Tuesday to test it out

Back