Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

I can confirm the asus strix rx 560 4gb oc is working perfectly! with hdmi sound on high sierra 10.13.1 after using lilu and whatevergreen kext, i will post the screenshot later

Hi. I'm in the middle of getting my new system 10.13.1 stable after fresh install. I have a ASUS Radeon RX 560 Overclocked 2GB and built-in HD630.

I'm seeing that 50-70% of the time I get a black screen during the log in progress and the display NEVER comes back. When it does work, during the progress bar my screen goes black for about 15 seconds and then it does come back and I'm able to put in my password.

I'm using Clover 4297. I have in my config.plist:

Code:
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <true/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>RadeonDeInit</key>
        <true/>
        <key>ig-platform-id</key>
        <string>0x59120000</string>
    </dict>

In my BIOS I have Primary set to PCIE 1 and I have the HD630 enabled.

I also have this basic ACPI patch:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Intel GPU PM. Rename GFX0 to IGPU</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>R0ZYMA==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>SUdQVQ==</data>
</dict>

I have not done any other patching. I'm attaching my ioreg if it helps.

Thank you!

Attachments

• baseline.ioreg
    3.1 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:
@Gigamaxx no luck after i install ur ADM4000HW.kext

Ive attached my ROM n DSDT, can u plz patch it for me!

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    37.8 KB · Views: 73
Its been mentioned earlier, and is at the first post on this thread. This same user is on that other site where all this took place. This SSDT fix is great, I know that Mieze on first post has a legacy download, do you know of anyone that has made it work in legacy boot mode? This seems to be where most of the problems are on the older boards with no UEFI ability.

Did a small test this morning with my dual vBIOS switch set on the legacy vBIOS and CSM enabled and iGPU disabled and well the results are as I expected Black screens. So for RadeonDeInit=True to work one must have a UEFI vBIOS and have either CSM disabled or CSM enabled and the graphics section have it set to UEFI OPROM, Or go the old route with iGPU enabled and set as primary.

Hi. I'm in the middle of getting my new system 10.13.1 stable after fresh install. I have a ASUS Radeon RX 560 Overclocked 2GB and built-in HD630.

I'm seeing that 50-70% of the time I get a black screen during the log in progress and the display NEVER comes back. When it does work, during the progress bar my screen goes black for about 15 seconds and then it does come back and I'm able to put in my password.

I'm using Clover 4297. I have in my config.plist:

Code:
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <true/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>RadeonDeInit</key>
        <true/>
        <key>ig-platform-id</key>
        <string>0x59120000</string>
    </dict>

In my BIOS I have Primary set to PCIE 1 and I have the HD630 enabled.

I also have this basic ACPI patch:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Intel GPU PM. Rename GFX0 to IGPU</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>R0ZYMA==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>SUdQVQ==</data>
</dict>

I have not done any other patching. I'm attaching my ioreg if it helps.

Thank you!

Why not injectATI=True and select an appropriate framebuffer for your card along with the other stuff you've done and in the UEFI/BIOS set iGPU as secondary and CSM disabled?

@Gigamaxx no luck after i install ur ADM4000HW.kext

Ive attached my ROM n DSDT, can u plz patch it for me!

Can you confirm your mobile chip has a UEFI vBIOS, and motherboard(logic board(laptop)) has a UEFI/BIOS. If it doesn't you are sadly left with the iGPU only since this is a laptop.

no need liluland whatevergreen if adding RadeonDeInit=true

Correct, I have only FakeSMCkext in Clover/Kexts/Other folder. Clover ver. 4297 with Radeon Deinit=true. The latest clover configurator app has the option now so its a very simple fix.

Note" if you load the new clover UEFI mode and you selected RCScripts option for EFI Backup folder on main partition, remove the older version in that folder the plist may not match up and cause errors. If you select rcscripts and run Clover install twice it will load the new clover (4297) in the EFI backups folder.

Can you confirm your mobile chip has a UEFI vBIOS, and motherboard(logic board(laptop)) has a UEFI/BIOS. If it doesn't you are sadly left with the iGPU only since this is a laptop.

Bios settings, and there is probably a Google on the laptop for a Hackintosh setup? Unfortunately, most options will probably lead back to these latest threads

The AMD Graphics Drivers in High Sierra are still under development. There is a new AMD9300Controllerkext with only one ID for the Fury card 0x73001002. There are no other IDs so its only for this card yet no matter which set of AMD Accelerator kexts used it won't work. The 4000kext, 4150kext, 4250kext, 5000kext all tested and no luck.

Maybe the laptop AMD graphics card is just one of those unlucky cards with no support at this time. It may get fixed in later versions or may not. How many apple laptops had that card? SPEAKING OF WHICH, shouldn't this be moved to Laptops, give rehab a poke at this problem. It would be intersting to read along.

How does the Fancontrol of, for example a Sapphire Radeon RX 560 work ?
Ive read that you can adjust the fan speed via Software under Windows.
Does thr fan stop with no load under macos as well ?

How does the Fancontrol of, for example a Sapphire Radeon RX 560 work ?
Ive read that you can adjust the fan speed via Software under Windows.
Does thr fan stop with no load under macos as well ?

macOS has "AutoWattMan' so its a non adjustable Fan Control version of WattMan. The fans should spin up during a load like a Luxmark Ball benchmark and then slow down shortly after. Try Luxmark and see if your fans are responding normally. The same should apply to Uningine Benchmarks as well. My RX 460 and RX 480 have worked normally for over a year in Sierra and now in High Sierra. My Vega card in the latest betas does seem to have a constant fan speed of at least 75% because it is always spinning even during idle but the temps are very cool and only warm during heavy loads.

Back